PDA

View Full Version : So if you.....

jim mcglinchey
25th February 2009, 13:13
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/labour/3539830/Lord-Ahmed-admits-sending-text-message-while-driving-just-before-fatal-crash.html

So if you use your mobile without any incident, while driving, and five or ten minutes later youre involved in a serious crash which isnt your fault, then youre really bolloxed. A very sobering thought peeps. I bet he's sorry he ever got a mobile.

ChrisS
25th February 2009, 13:46
Mr Justice Wilkie made it clear that the offence had no causal link with the fatal accident.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5801891.ece

leopard
26th February 2009, 08:45
His role easing off tension between communities is very important.

I am sorry for the accident, better still that Mr Ahmed only sustained minor injury ...

Hazell B
26th February 2009, 14:17
.... youre involved in a serious crash which isnt your fault ......

Forgive me if I'm being a total idiot here, but didn't he run smack in to the rear end of somebody's car and kill them?

That's hardly a case of 'not your fault' is it?

He clearly wasn't paying attention one bit and deserves to be locked up.

Garry Walker
26th February 2009, 14:27
His role easing off tension between communities is very important.

So we shouldn`t lock his sorry ass up?

Hazell B
26th February 2009, 14:49
The 'easing tension' role strictly doesn't exist - it was almost all just words used in his legal case.

A Lord doesn't do anything much for inner city race problems, whatever his colour ;)

Mark
26th February 2009, 14:52
He is guilty of using his mobile while driving.
He is guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.

These are two seperate offences but they are just that, seperate, there's no link that should or can be made legally.

jim mcglinchey
26th February 2009, 17:20
Forgive me if I'm being a total idiot here, but didn't he run smack in to the rear end of somebody's car and kill them?

That's hardly a case of 'not your fault' is it?

He clearly wasn't paying attention one bit and deserves to be locked up.

Im not sure of the exact details of that one, but the more general point Im making is if you use your mobile while driving you better pray that nothing happens for the rest of your journey or you'll be viewed with extreme prejudice. Its a bit like drunken driving. I dont drink and drive for lots of reasons but a main one is say you had a couple of drinks and were driving along and an(other) idiot crashes into you, then whatever the circumstances were, you'll get the blame for everything.

Hazell B
26th February 2009, 18:28
.... if you use your mobile while driving you better pray that nothing happens for the rest of your journey ....

So don't use your mobile - it's illegal :)

you had a couple of drinks and were driving along and an(other) idiot crashes into you, then whatever the circumstances were, you'll get the blame for everything.

No, actually you are blamed for your part in a crash, then have drink drive charges added on, two very different things. The other driver would still be liable for causing whatever he caused.

Oh, and don't drink and drive if you (by that I mean anyone) is worried about being hit but blamed - it's illegal :)

I just don't get why some people think it's fine to 'forget' laws when they're driving. A licence is NOT a right, and I think they should be snatched away far more often from highly inconsiderate or dangerous drivers.

Drew
26th February 2009, 20:40
Oh he'll be fine, he'll get out early and find himself a cushy job somewhere, don't worry jim :confused: