PDA

View Full Version : Race Pro

steve_spackman
24th February 2009, 01:11
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=208601&skip=yes

anyone got this game yet?

lugnut_usa
24th February 2009, 03:10
Not having a 360 I don't, but on another forum I'm a member of it's getting some good buzz from those who've picked it up.

Those who've tried it compared it to RACE '07/GTR Evo, which while still a sim is a little more forgiving than just straight GTR, and they're saying it's a lot more sim than anything else on the consoles.

ChrisS
24th February 2009, 11:20
Is this an Xbox 360 version of simbin's GTR?

steve_spackman
24th February 2009, 21:39
Is this an Xbox 360 version of simbin's GTR?

not too sure, but a friend of mine has it and he said that people should put Forza back in the box and leave it there, as this game blows it away

benowrc
25th February 2009, 20:50
yeah got this game, its pretty dam good i'd really reccomend it

52Paddy
28th February 2009, 14:54
Looks promising and, as could be expected from Simbin, doesn't include all the frills and drama so many console car games include these days. I used to have an Xbox 360 but that broke so I've now just the PS3 and PC. Looks like it won't be going in to my collection but I'm still very content with RACE07 even now.

MrJan
15th April 2009, 11:37
I got this a few weeks back and have to say that it's left me cold. The cars never give any warning of a slide and then when they snap it's pretty much impossible to catch it. The handling just doesn't seem quite right and even though I've driven using the normal controller and the wheel it just hasn't grabbed me. Okay so the cars are nice to have as you don't see them that often but TBH I think that Forza is streets ahead in terms of realism.

Nick Brad
19th April 2009, 11:31
I'll agree with that sentiment.

I know that Simbin want to avoid all the thrills and gimmicks that so many other racing games employ, but there's no intro screen whatsoever which is a bit much and I think straight away will earn them no new fans.
The career mode is a joke quite frankly, 3 races per championship lasting only 2 laps each with qualification for each event via the standard console fare of doing a lap under a certain time, (radical SR4 time round Laguna Seca was achieved 10 secs under the target after I ran really wide heading up the hill). There is also a championship mode which allows 16 cars on track and variable numbers of laps, (one number of laps for all races,) but that only allows you to use the cars unlocked in career mode which makes the mickey mouse mode unavoidable.

To sum up, the only reason I've played it more than once is for the different tracks offered as apposed to Forza 2. Given the choice of buying just one of the games, I'd go for the cheaper and longer lasting Forza every time.

MrJan
8th April 2010, 09:13
I got this a few weeks back and have to say that it's left me cold. The cars never give any warning of a slide and then when they snap it's pretty much impossible to catch it. The handling just doesn't seem quite right and even though I've driven using the normal controller and the wheel it just hasn't grabbed me. Okay so the cars are nice to have as you don't see them that often but TBH I think that Forza is streets ahead in terms of realism.

I've picked this up again recently and have actually been enjoying it a bit more. The handling still isn't right and the AI is shocking (if you brake early then the other cars just crash into you, same if you spin in front of them), but there can be some good racing in some of the classes.

My main complaint would be the handling of some cars which are prone to understeer or virtually impossible to hold oversteer. The Aston in the first GT class is shocking on the brakes and you have to go stupidly slow through corners before nailing it on the straight because the understeer is chronic.

Anyway I'll keep playing it and looking forward to unlocking the F3000 cars :D