PDA

View Full Version : Life of Brian

Camelopard
23rd February 2009, 03:58
Is fousto the only person in the english speaking world that has never heard of nor seen Monty Python's film 'The Life of Brian'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/

Notable quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/quotes

I'd be curious to know if any one else on this forum hasn't seen it or at least never heard of it.

Maybe we should have a poll. :) Those who have seen it, those who haven't and those who think it's a true story based on some 'gay' guy called Brian'

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"

Tazio
23rd February 2009, 04:07
Yea' really funny stuff
Saw it before you were born
That SH!T(Monty Python) has gotten really old :dozey:

Easy Drifter
23rd February 2009, 07:09
Saw it more years ago than I care to remember.

ChrisS
23rd February 2009, 08:24
my favorite quote

Brian: You're all individuals
Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals
Brian: You're all different
Crowd: Yes, we are all different
Man: I'm not...

Cooper_S
23rd February 2009, 08:41
I never saw it until about 15 years ago as it was a banned film in the Republic of Ireland.

I did have however the soundtrack on LP vinyl... and so knew every line of it...

I have all the Monty Python movies in my DVD collection now.

Camelopard
23rd February 2009, 08:45
Saw it before you were born

If you are referring to me, I'll bet everything I own that you didn't.... :) :) :)

Mark
23rd February 2009, 09:27
Never watched it until a year or so ago. Brilliant film! Which of course it's actually *about* biblical times at all..

Cooper_S
23rd February 2009, 09:34
Maybe falling from the tower into the alien spaceship was not the best scene but it did save Brian from the Romans...

Mark
23rd February 2009, 09:53
Maybe falling from the tower into the alien spaceship was not the best scene but it did save Brian from the Romans...

Yes, that could, and should, have been cut. It's the only part which lets the film down IMO.

Camelopard
23rd February 2009, 09:57
Yes, that could, and should, have been cut. It's the only part which lets the film down IMO.

I always thought it was in the film so that Terry Gilliam had more than just a bit part?

MrJan
23rd February 2009, 10:53
My parents introduced me to Monty Python by playing Monty Python's Previous Record when I was about 7 or 8. They soon regretted it when me and my brother were walking around the house saying "cos she's a f***ing princess that's why" :D

555-04Q2
23rd February 2009, 11:55
Is fousto the only person in the english speaking world that has never heard of nor seen Monty Python's film 'The Life of Brian'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/

Notable quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/quotes

I'd be curious to know if any one else on this forum hasn't seen it or at least never heard of it.

Maybe we should have a poll. :) Those who have seen it, those who haven't and those who think it's a true story based on some 'gay' guy called Brian'

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"

I'm a huge Monty Python fan (currently watching re-runs on our Series channel on satellite) and have never seen or heard of this particular one :(

ShiftingGears
23rd February 2009, 12:17
I'm a huge Monty Python fan (currently watching re-runs on our Series channel on satellite) and have never seen or heard of this particular one :(

...How?

I want to see The Meaning of Life next, as I've only seen it once. I'll need another year before I see any of the other movies again.

Storm
23rd February 2009, 12:25
Have heard of them but never seen any of the Monty Python films..don't think I have seen it in my usual video store either.

Tazio
23rd February 2009, 14:25
If you are referring to me, I'll bet everything I own that you didn't.... :) :) :) Wouldn't be much of a bet!
You were either born before '79 or after!
Apologies for being so presumptuous :)

Camelopard
23rd February 2009, 14:30
Wouldn't be much of a bet!
You were either born before '79 or after!
Apologies for being so presumptuous :)

Yep I'm an old fart, 54 next month and 1 year 1 month and 18 days till I can retire, but who is counting :)

donKey jote
23rd February 2009, 18:43
Have heard of them but never seen any of the Monty Python films..don't think I have seen it in my usual video store either.
what, never seen or heard this? :s
fUspLVStPbk

Daniel
23rd February 2009, 19:22
what, never seen or heard this? :s
fUspLVStPbk

:D Classic :up:

donKey jote
23rd February 2009, 20:02
If anyone can watch this:

XQKcP0olmQY

consider yourself free -
Dieses Video ist in deinem Land nicht verfügbar. : This video is not available in Germany :s :dozey:

funny thing is, this one is OK:

sVxM5IBLeU4

:D

edv
23rd February 2009, 20:11
Always look on the bright side of life.

donKey jote
23rd February 2009, 20:28
Always look on the bright side of life.

1loyjm4SOa0&NR

:)

Rollo
23rd February 2009, 20:44
Personally I'd like to see:
"The Pantomime Horse is a Secret Agent Film" remade into a Hollywood blockbuster; especially the bit after the chase when the Pantomime Princess Margaret gets bashed up by the Duke of Kent.

Drew
23rd February 2009, 23:10
If anyone can watch this:

XQKcP0olmQY

consider yourself free - : This video is not available in Germany :s :dozey:

:D

It tells me that the video is not available. Am I not free or does the video just not exist? :p :

anthonyvop
24th February 2009, 05:49
I was in Catholic School and on the Day it was released the Nuns went to great lengths to let us know how it would be a sin for us to go see it.

The School bell rang and me and my buddies went straight to the theater. Laughed my a*s off.

Camelopard
2nd March 2009, 03:07
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/02/2504543.htm

Welsh town screens Monty Python film after 30-year ban

Posted 5 hours 24 minutes ago
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200903/r344755_1572790.jpg

The film was banned by the town's church leaders. (freewebs.com)

A Welsh town that banned the classic Monty Python movie Life of Brian 30 years ago has decided to screen it later this month, and two of the original Pythons will attend.
Michael Palin and Terry Jones are expected to travel to Aberystwyth, west Wales, for the screening on March 28 after being invited by mayor Sue Jones-Davies, herself a star of the film, having played Brian's girlfriend.

It is thought the 1979 comedy, which critics said was blasphemous for telling the story of a Jewish man who is mistaken for Jesus and crucified, was banned by a committee of church leaders in the town.
Life of Brian is now viewed as a classic and includes oft-quoted lines such as Brian's mother's quip on her son: "He's not the messiah - he's a very naughty boy."
It also features the jaunty song Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, sung by Eric Idle as he and Brian are nailed to crosses at the end.
No-one thought to revoke the ban because few people realised it still stood, until last year.
Ms Jones-Davies vowed to fight for the film, and organised the one-off screening for charity at Aberystwyth Arts Centre.
"We decided that we might as well go on with it and see if we could arrange a screening in Aberystwyth," she said.
She telephoned Jones and invited him to come along, recalling: "He said 'I think I'll ask Michael (Palin) to come', which is lovely because it makes it all the more special."
Graham Chapman, who played Brian in the film, died in 1989.
Ms Jones-Davies said only about 120 tickets were available, adding: "It will be a great evening and it is about time the film was shown anyway."
- AFP

gadjo_dilo
2nd March 2009, 08:26
OK, I raise my hands up and admit I've never heared ( although I've heared about Monty Python, in general ) or seen this film, but I have the excuse Idon't belong to the english speaking world.
If this thread was meant to prove something I'm the exception that confirms the rule. :laugh:

markabilly
7th March 2009, 04:38
It was typical english humor, full of silly gags that made most real men who watched it more than an half an hour gag.....now Smokey and the Bandit, that is a real classic....