PDA

View Full Version : I'm back.

veeten
22nd February 2009, 17:07
Been in the hospital for a month due to complications from diabetes, namely lung and kidney. :(

Now I am on a Dialysis schedule, catheter and all, but it hasn't been painful. :) It'll just take a couple of days to get into a rythim(s?), so be kind.

Race, nice to see you back on the forums again. :) So tell me, being a native New Yorker and all, have you been in the "Cash Cab"? ;) :D

Eki
22nd February 2009, 18:15
Welcome back, veeten. I hope you'll get better soon.

Hazell B
22nd February 2009, 18:35
... but it hasn't been painful.

That sounds a fair bit braver than I would be!

Welcome back. Nowt's changed :p :

donKey jote
22nd February 2009, 18:40
welcome back v10, do you get to pick your nurse's ? (pun intended)

A.F.F.
22nd February 2009, 19:18
The force is strong with you veeten :eek:

Good to see you back :up:

veeten
22nd February 2009, 20:34
Thanks, guys. :) Not too bad, but everyday its just pills, pills, pills. :s :p :

... and a diet that's not much to write home about. Most of the 'fun food' is now outlaw for me, but there are still some things that bring a smile, like pretzels. :)

GridGirl
22nd February 2009, 21:18
Hope your feeling better Veetan. :)

My dad has diabetes and a life without chocolate, cheescake and ice cream is hard work. Diabetes is rife in my family and hopefully I've got a few more years in me before I have to give up all the nice stuff. :)

Tazio
22nd February 2009, 21:38
Cheer V'
That's the ticket!
Stiff upper lip :up:

Daniel
22nd February 2009, 22:23
Good to see you back Veeten :) Hope things return to normal ASAP :)

race aficionado
22nd February 2009, 22:44
Race, nice to see you back on the forums again. :) So tell me, being a native New Yorker and all, have you been in the "Cash Cab"? ;) :D

First of all . . . great spirit V10 :)

It takes wisdom to just face life challenges and " those dam curve balls" with an outlook that won't make life a bummer.

Now for the "Cash Cab" quote - is this it?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/cashcab/cashcab.html

I'm more of a subway/walking guy . . . . so until they come with a cash game for any of those, I'll have to wait to be surprised.

Nice that your back too amigo.

peace
:s mokin:

markabilly
22nd February 2009, 23:11
Been in the hospital for a month due to complications from diabetes, namely lung and kidney. :(

Now I am on a Dialysis schedule, catheter and all, but it hasn't been painful. :) It'll just take a couple of days to get into a rythim(s?), so be kind.

I will drink to that, even if you are from NEW york

welcome back v10, do you get to pick your nurse's ? (pun intended)

"Your nurse's ?" ????????????
as in pick you nurse's "what" ? Nose? glasses? clothes? food? shoes?

Jag_Warrior
22nd February 2009, 23:56
Welcome back, veeten! I had no idea you were ill, but it's great to see you back.

:wave:

Roamy
23rd February 2009, 03:47
Welcome Back V10 we all missed your wisdom !!

pino
23rd February 2009, 05:50
Welcome back veeten, best whishes from me mate :up:

leopard
23rd February 2009, 06:20
Glad to see you back in forum.

There wouldn't be enough time to pick stuff of nurses when man is hospitalized, wife is accompanying. :)

Storm
23rd February 2009, 07:11
Good to see you back V10...hope all goes well for you!
I liked watching Cash Cab when I was in the States for a while...Discovery here doesn't seem to have it though..Ben Bailey was a cool guy!

veeten
23rd February 2009, 13:13
Now for the "Cash Cab" quote - is this it?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/cashcab/cashcab.html

that's the one. :D Sort of found that while I was in hospital watching tv. Great show, sometimes when in the dialysis room there would be a few others and we would all be watching. We were better than the actual contestants, missing no more than two questions. If there was a 'Cash Ambulance', we'd be millionaires. :p

Glad I'm back home, so that I could look it up on wiki, and it seems that this whole thing started in the UK (god bless you, Brits. :D ) and we all have similar to the whole thing. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_Cab

schmenke
23rd February 2009, 14:25
Welcome back V-10 :wave: Hope all goes well for you :)

donKey jote
23rd February 2009, 18:52
"Your nurse's ?" ????????????
as in pick you nurse's "what" ? Nose? glasses? clothes? food? shoes?
nope, none of those :)