PDA

View Full Version : Acropolis Route

cosmicpanda
20th February 2009, 13:50
http://www.acropolisrally.gr/pre/common/images/RG_1.pdf

Thoughts? I like it. At 371 km, it's one of the longer rallies we've seen lately, and well over last year's 360 km cap.

Day One's going to be a killer for the first cars on the road as there is only one repeated stage over 140 km of competitive distance. Day Two looks fairly standard as far as these things go. Day Three has the 33 km Aghii Theodori stage run twice, which might provide some action - I seem to recall this stage being fairly significant in recent years?

Why is the New Pissia stage only being run once? Is the road surface soft or something?

AndyRAC
20th February 2009, 14:09
About time routes were lengthened - it should still be a test of Endurance & speed. I hope other organisers take note.

matSLO
20th February 2009, 21:53
Great news! Nice to see other organizers trying to go by MC steps and bring some much needed diversity in rally route. Too bad day 3 isn`t longer (perhaps only one run over these stages + some 3 SS near Athens...). I am already looking forward to that rally.

bowler
20th February 2009, 22:08
About time routes were lengthened - it should still be a test of Endurance & speed. I hope other organisers take note.

I agree that the distance should be longer. It is not an organiser decision as the distance is written into the specifications by the FIA. In recent years the trend has been to reduce distance to reduce costs, but this may now be changing. I think a distance of 400 +/- 50km is ideal.

bluuford
21st February 2009, 08:07
Formerly the rule was that maximum distance is 360 km. They increased it last year (or was it this year) now the distance should be between 360 and 400 km.