PDA

View Full Version : Mat Jackson @ Arena?

Nick
18th February 2009, 13:26
If Matt is struggling to find a budget to run his own team, i would not be surprised to see MJ turning up at Arena - especially when you consider Matt's family business "Jackson Ford" - which could see the team have a similar deal to his family team and become Ford Dealer Racing???? (just like the old days)

thompp
18th February 2009, 20:18
Is this just pure speculation...?

rob01
19th February 2009, 13:14
sounds that way...

Les
20th February 2009, 12:18
I hope it is speculation and he doesn't go to Arena. I want to see TC do something great and on his own or as the number one driver to show the doubting Thomases that he is a good driver.

Allyc85
20th February 2009, 16:23
If hes that good it shouldnt matter who his team mate is ;)

Eurotech
20th February 2009, 17:57
James Thompson or Jason Plato maybe?

BTCC2
23rd February 2009, 17:48
The car looks absoulutey fantastic, i've only just seen the pictures on the official website!

PDS
23rd February 2009, 19:32
I can't see Mat going to Ford. I would expect him to stay in a RWD car!

Alfa Fan
23rd February 2009, 19:50
I can't see Mat going to Ford. I would expect him to stay in a RWD car!

Do you know something we don't....or is that just idle speculation? Either way hopefully Mat will be out in something this season (despite being the BTCC's Lewis Hamilton in terms of hype).

EDIT - So he's going to be out in a Lexus then Peter? :P

tdb
23rd February 2009, 21:37
If Matt is struggling to find a budget to run his own team,

Where is it stated that the jacksons are "struggling"?????

Matt's dad quite clearly said,they were in the BTCC before accident exchange and will be after.

Any driver in the second focus will have to bring a significant budget, an Arena drive will not be cheap.
therefore, the jacksons can spend their money running the car they have.

LiamM
23rd February 2009, 21:59
Where is it stated that the jacksons are "struggling"?????

Matt's dad quite clearly said,they were in the BTCC before accident exchange and will be after.

Any driver in the second focus will have to bring a significant budget, an Arena drive will not be cheap.
therefore, the jacksons can spend their money running the car they have.

Don't the Jacksons have two BMWs too? If they are struggling so badly, they could put one for sale

speedy king
23rd February 2009, 22:02
I doubt selling one, especially at the moment would bring up enough funds to compete in a season if they dont have the money anyway to fill a budget.

And as pointed out, Arena would by no means be a cheap alternative.

PDS
23rd February 2009, 22:40
Do you know something we don't....or is that just idle speculation?

Just my opinion!

With the backing he had last year directly or indirectly from BMW. AND finishing 2nd in the championship. Whatever he decides, I believe he will not be in a fwd car!

My Opinion!

PDS
4th March 2009, 22:59
I could be wrong you know... I spoke to Mat today and he is saying that anywhere could be a posssiblity for him this year!

Lets hope he can get a drive worthy of his talent!

norwichsam1
5th March 2009, 13:18
From that I take it Jackson motorsport will not be in BTCC this year then. Agree with you PDS it would be a travesty if Mat couldn't get a seat this year.

PDS
5th March 2009, 16:35
Mat didn't rule out coming back out with the BMW. It is all about money!

Eurotech
5th March 2009, 17:17
Well, a third car at Motorbase could be a possible placement for him but I doubt that Motorbase would have the capacity to run any other cars seeing as Dave Bartrum has recently said that he will be running Porsches as well this year.

Team RAC have been going on about possibly having a third car for the past two years so that could be and alternative but as already mentioned, could prove quite costly.

Dynamics, Arena and Tempus haven't confirmed their second drivers but it seems that Pinkney should be getting the Dynamics seat and there have been various problems with going to Arena as have been pointed out in this thread so far. Tempus haven't confirmed their second driver but I somehow doubt that it will be Mat.

That doesnt leave too many options and with James Thompson, Jason Plato and Tom Onslow-Cole also looking for drives, it could be that at least one of them has to sit on the sidelines for 2009....

LiamM
5th March 2009, 17:42
If Mat has the budget to get the 3rd seat at Motorbase or Team RAC, he probably has the budget to go it alone

tdb
5th March 2009, 18:48
I doubt that Motorbase would have the capacity to run any other cars seeing as Dave Bartrum has recently said that he will be running Porsches as well this year.

A bit insulting to Motorbase IMO! I'm sure Dave Bartrum can arrange staff etc to run as many cars as he wants!

with James Thompson, Jason Plato and Tom Onslow-Cole also looking for drives, it could be that at least one of them has to sit on the sidelines for 2009....

James Thompson and Jason Plato will be looking for a free or paid drive, so are in no way competiton for any drive Matt J might be looking at.