PDA

View Full Version : Massa: BMW team to beat so far

zoostation
9th February 2007, 17:11
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56656

any thoughts?

ratonmacias
9th February 2007, 17:22
that means they arent and massa is just diverting attention from mclaren and alonso. its all a head game.

harsha
9th February 2007, 17:37
yea!! and people actually said that the Mclaren was the team to beat in 2k6,we do know what happened

Tazio
9th February 2007, 18:04
There seems to always be a game going on at Ferrari in the preseason!
And this sounds like something Mike would have said in the past!
All the speculation and innuendo is making me crazy. I think the team that has the best setup for the tires is going to break out on top. I don't know who that is. And I'm not ruling out BMW. I do have this feeling that Ferrari is holding something back!
There is only one cure for my illness.
March 18th

F1boat
9th February 2007, 19:37
I have noticed that BMW are fast and wish luck to them.

jso1985
9th February 2007, 20:06
he might be trying to play some game with the other teams and the press or he noted something we didn't.
Pre-season statements usually means nothing but I didn't believe it when many teams stated that Renault was the team to beat in 2005, and if you compare the late 2004 Renault with the late 2006 BMW they had similar performance and BMW kinda knows how to make winning cars, so I wouldn't be much surprised if Massa is right
go BMW!!!

tinchote
9th February 2007, 20:14
November-February is an awful time for an F1 fan :s

call_me_andrew
9th February 2007, 20:34
BMW? No way!

I'm predicting another battle between Ferrari and Renault. Alonso will bad mouth McLaren, and leave at the end of the year at the latest.

Big Ben
9th February 2007, 21:57
"this should keep them busy for a while" Massa said to himself as he was leaving...

rlenis
9th February 2007, 22:13
BMW kicking Honda's as$.. That's all I want. I can't wait for that..

stevie_gerrard
10th February 2007, 01:07
I did say BMW would be the surprise package for this season, they have the package, the drivers, and a real chance of scoring big points, maybe not contenders for titles, but they will do well. :)

Roamy
10th February 2007, 01:26
BMW is gonna get beat like a drum at a AC DC concert !! They will do well to stay ahead of Red Bull

ClarkFan
10th February 2007, 01:52
"this should keep them busy for a while" Massa said to himself as he was leaving...

He's learning to play the offseason game. ;)

ClarkFan

wmcot
10th February 2007, 07:28
If I was in Massa's position, I would love giving the press little bits here and there just to watch them fall all over themselves racing to get it into print first. Personally, I would have said Toro Rosso instead of BMW, just to see the reaction! ;)

futuretiger9
10th February 2007, 10:25
It might just be a piece of psychology on Massa and Ferrari's part, to deflect attention from the admittedly fairly minor problems which they are encountering.

It would be unwise to totally rule out BMW, however. They have the set-up, and a useful driver line-up. The question is whether they have the consistency and resources to sustain a challenge season-long.

jens
11th February 2007, 22:30
BMW won't be the team to beat, but they definetely seem to be on a rise and maybe they are able to move up to 4th in the WCC this season.

mstillhere
12th February 2007, 00:08
I do have this feeling that Ferrari is holding something back!

So do I. And it's a nice feeling. If we are right, its going to be an other walk.

raikk
12th February 2007, 00:41
yea!! and people actually said that the Mclaren was the team to beat in 2k6,we do know what happened

They looked like a contender in 06 testing but never the one to beat...

Ari
12th February 2007, 01:17
Umm. Reliability?

I dont believe there's been a Grand Prix yet in 2007?

futuretiger9
12th February 2007, 22:42
So do I. And it's a nice feeling. If we are right, its going to be an other walk.

I have that feeling, too. They can afford to hold something back and still look reasonably impressive. They'll be right there when the real action starts.

leopard
13th February 2007, 03:54
What about this: Massa a driver to beat

i heard this from a survey :laugh:

Tazio
13th February 2007, 04:34
I have that feeling, too. They can afford to hold something back and still look reasonably impressive. They'll be right there when the real action starts.
It is key for Ferrari to be right there when the season starts. They suffered last season, relying on midseason development to get them in the hunt. If Ferrari is holding a winning hand, they will not show it until OZ. The only test times that mean squat. are the one's on March 16th, and 17th

F1boat
13th February 2007, 08:23
I'm quite concerned for Ferrari

ArrowsFA1
13th February 2007, 08:36
I'm quite concerned for Ferrari
You're not the only one to be wondering how Ferrari will do this year:

Alain Prost:
Ferrari for me is a bit of a question mark. The integration of Raikkonen inside the team won't be easy. They have long been used to have just one number one driver, and now they have two, both of them wanting to emerge at all costs. It won't be easy to manage them. Technically, by contrast, Ferrari won't have problems, in fact they'll be advantaged by their better knowledge of Bridgestone tyres compared to McLaren and Renault."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56685

Big Ben
13th February 2007, 10:37
They looked like a contender in 06 testing but never the one to beat...

... as far I remember they did well with the 2005 car and the V10 but really fell behind when they began testing the 2006 car... and the V8 engine wasn't quite what they had expected...

F1boat
13th February 2007, 12:27
... as far I remember they did well with the 2005 car and the V10 but really fell behind when they began testing the 2006 car... and the V8 engine wasn't quite what they had expected...
Well, they started last year testing bad (McLaren), then posted some good times and in Bahrain they were fast.
After Bahrain, it went all wong.