PDA

View Full Version : Adapta fear sabotage in Norway

swordsman
17th February 2009, 07:59
According to Norweigan media, the Adapta team fears their cars have been sabotaged in the parc fermé during the rally weekend. For a short while, Henning thought the same, but he seems to have changed his mind.

Actually, to me it sounds really strange and a bit too bad to be true. It's of course a big disappointment to adapta, and what if a mechanic or engineer of the team just don't want to admit a mistake they did? Of course I can't say it's nonsense, but it sounds like losers talk to me...

What do you think? :)

More info in Norweigan is here:
http://www.moss-avis.no/article/20090217/SPORT/994276321/1011/Sport
http://www.moss-avis.no/article/20090217/SPORT/62423690/1011/Sport
http://www.moss-avis.no/article/20090216/SPORT12/254930563/1011/Sport

I haven't found any good info in english (please add that anyone that has a link), but I made a short story about it on my blog.

urabus-denoS2000
17th February 2009, 08:07
Do they even know what was sabotaged???
They can't just accuse like that

Although after Mads performance in Wales I expested him to fight from 4-6 positions.... and he was nowhere near that I'm afraid

Karukera
17th February 2009, 08:14
Who would sabotage a Subaru ?

The recent Subarus are the proper definition of sabotaging a winning rally car.

Viking
17th February 2009, 08:14
BS alert! :dozey: This team and drivers sabotaged them self all weekend!!

Brother John
17th February 2009, 08:18
You can use each reason to leave the circus !
I believe that there are more teams and drivers looking for a reason to step away from the too expensive wrc championship. Now results and the financially crisis, that can be also the real reason what they want to hide!

swordsman
17th February 2009, 08:19

Hahaha that's right! Also I totally agree regarding BS alert :)

Gard
17th February 2009, 10:40
Hennings "sabotage" was confirmed by MW and was probably an mec error. or something. At least they have stopped any info regarding this, after the crisis meeting.

BDunnell
17th February 2009, 10:43
Am I right in thinking that the works TR7s of Tony Pond and, I think, Jean-Luc Therier were sabotaged prior to the start of the Tour de Corse in about 1978 or '79? Maybe someone like Fred Gallagher could confirm.

Halvis
17th February 2009, 10:49
This sounds like the local newspapers trying to get a scoop.

The article says that it should have happened the night between Friday and Saturday, but Hennings "incident" was the night before Shakedown, and as Gard says, were confirmed as a genuine incorrect setting of suspension or diff (don't remember exactly). I've never seen Henning that angry, he was furious!

Also, as said earlier, who would wanna sabotage a Subaru Impreza? :laugh:

urabus-denoS2000
17th February 2009, 11:10
But that Henning incident isn't a sabotage but a mechanical mistake as I understand?

swordsman
17th February 2009, 11:13
This sounds like the local newspapers trying to get a scoop.

The article says that it should have happened the night between Friday and Saturday, but Hennings "incident" was the night before Shakedown, and as Gard says, were confirmed as a genuine incorrect setting of suspension or diff (don't remember exactly). I've never seen Henning that angry, he was furious!

Also, as said earlier, who would wanna sabotage a Subaru Impreza? :laugh:

Well, if they try to make a scope, have they made up the quotes of both Mads and Morten saying it's sabotage? :)

Halvis
17th February 2009, 11:31
Well, if they try to make a scope, have they made up the quotes of both Mads and Morten saying it's sabotage? :)

We all know the medias ability to twist and turn on peoples statements. If they actually have said this, why haven't any other media reported this?

swordsman
17th February 2009, 11:36
We all know the medias ability to twist and turn on peoples statements. If they actually have said this, why haven't any other media reported this?

Their ability to twist, true. But then it would be really totally wrong-quoted in two different articles. That's quite a big mistake. And if it's a mistake, then I would go out and officially deny it, if I was Morten or Mads!?

Viking
17th February 2009, 11:43
Mads is a talented young driver, but press releases from his team is usually a long tirade of excuses if something goes wrong. Next time it will be aliens :alien:

Micke_VOC
17th February 2009, 11:56
Mads is a talented young driver, but press releases from his team is usually a long tirade of excuses if something goes wrong. Next time it will be aliens :alien:

I agree on that...

swordsman
17th February 2009, 12:06

Then, I really look forward to the next time :-P

Shrike
17th February 2009, 13:18
Criticizing speculation with speculation, interesting. Though I do the same :)

Simmi
17th February 2009, 18:15

Quoted for truth!