PDA

View Full Version : Rallybase.nl is dead?

JAM
16th February 2009, 11:55
This very useful site is out since friday afternoon.

Any problem or simply the end of the database?

Thanks

Tumbo
16th February 2009, 12:31
unsure but i went online last wk to get details of a rally last yr only to find it hadn't been updated since end of 07

sad if it is gone an invaluable resource for research into past events

Steve Boyd
16th February 2009, 12:47
Kabouter (the name on here of the guy who runs RallyBase) posted this message:

Hello all,

I'm still alive :) Had a very eventful several months and with accepting a new job starting in February and having to move to the other side of the country on very short notice, it's going to be very busy in the next period as well.

Because I know how much of my time RallyBase takes up when I'm working on it, I had to decide on my priorities. And I decided that finally finishing my studies and making sure of finding an interesting job with which I am going to be able to support myself for the foreseeable future was the most important thing. So I made the decision not to be side-tracked and I have temporarily stopped working on the website. Once the dust has settled I'm sure I'll have spare time again, and then I can devote that time to RallyBase (and other rally-related research).

Apologies to everyone that used RallyBase to keep track of the more recent results - and to everyone who's e-mail has not been answered yet. I'll return to RallyBase and try to work my way through the backlog.

Have a great 2009!

here:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128974&page=12

on January 10th, so hopefully RallyBase will be fixed soon.

Wim_Impreza
16th February 2009, 18:37
I really hope Rallybase will be soon online again, because it has a very great results archive.

JAM
17th February 2009, 15:24
Is working.

Thanks!

rallyemotions
17th February 2009, 17:39
I've tried to contact Tjeerd several times but to no avail. Now the reason is clear. I wanted to contribute some effort and provide the site with information from our National RC.
Just an idea: maybe kabouter could release the site on grounds of some kind of open source, with selected members contributing to the project. I'm pretty sure there are keen volunteers who'd rather do something than see the project die... I could do the Latvian RC, for example and something on a side. I don't see any good reason why the bicycle should be invented the second time, so the idea is just to make the thing less personality dependent. Something like a motorsportpedia.