PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari, Toyota, BMW head to Bahrain to avoid the rain and...

Robinho
11th February 2009, 15:40
...lose a days testing due to a sandstorm, after losing a couple of hours yesterday due to fog - who say the Gods don't have a sense of humour!

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090211131351.shtml

meanwhile those who decided to risk the South European winter were greeted with clear dry conditions today (although they got some rain yesterday!)

seems whatever the teams try to do to get the condittions they want its falling apart - so far snow and rain in portugal, mugello and Jerez, with fog and sandstorms in Bahrain - all money well spent i'd say!

52Paddy
11th February 2009, 20:46
Well thats answered my question from the other thread. Cheers.

ioan
12th February 2009, 11:33
Sandstorms are not making testing possible today either!
I suppose they might try to test Saturday and Sunday in order to make up for the 2 lost days, if there isn't some law that prohibits that in middle east countries, and if the weather collaborates.

Knock-on
12th February 2009, 14:24
Looking at that sand, it must play havoc with the engines!!

555-04Q2
12th February 2009, 14:27
Sandstorms are not making testing possible today either!
I suppose they might try to test Saturday and Sunday in order to make up for the 2 lost days, if there isn't some law that prohibits that in middle east countries, and if the weather collaborates.

Their holy day is Friday so Saturday & Sunday should'nt be a problem.

ioan
12th February 2009, 18:19
Their holy day is Friday so Saturday & Sunday should'nt be a problem.

Thanks for the info!
I just read that he teams are in talks with the organizers to recover these lost two days during the week end. Hopefully it works out for them, otherwise I guess they will have to schedule another test sometimes before the season starts!
And that is hoping that tomorrow will be better.