PDA

View Full Version : Stewart or Logano

Wade91
11th February 2009, 09:41
which one will do better in their new ride this season?

colinspooky
11th February 2009, 09:57
Mr Logano - it's all down to the car which is already proven.

So long as he stays out of trouble.

Mr Stewart will do better next year, after they learn which bolts go where on the new cars (darned instructions that come in those little plastic bags are always vague), and how to put all the metal bits in the right place.

RaceFanStan
11th February 2009, 11:57
With all of his pure talent I have to lean to Tony Stewart.
The "bolts & metal bits" along with the cars, chassis, engines, etc come from Hendrick Motorsports ...
add in an experienced crewchief & crewmen I think Tony will hit the ground running fast. :D

(Logano will have a fast car & is talented but he will face a big learning curve in 2009.)

muggle not
11th February 2009, 14:38
With all of his pure talent I have to lean to Tony Stewart.
The "bolts & metal bits" along with the cars, chassis, engines, etc come from Hendrick Motorsports ...
add in an experienced crewchief & crewmen I think Tony will hit the ground running fast. :D

(Logano will have a fast car & is talented but he will face a big learning curve in 2009.)
RFS, no need to lean to Tony. He will outperform Logano by a landslide. :)

trumperZ06
11th February 2009, 15:30
:dozey: With Hendrick's backing (engines, crew chief, etc)...
Tony should hit the ground... RUNNING.

Look for his team to be competitive... out of the box.

:D Logano will do better in the second half of the season.

Good equipment and he's not likely to be intimidated!!!

slorydn1
13th February 2009, 01:52
I gotta say Stewart:

Basicly Hendrick cars, mostly Hendrick people, Hendrick Engineering, Hendrick Engines....did I mention Stewart-Hass close association with Hendrick Motorsports? Oh, and Tony Stewart is a 2 time Cup Champion, and has won on every style of track the cup series goes to, multiple times.

Joey Logano has as much raw talent as any youngster coming into the series ever had, and he has a championship caliber team behind him, but, at the end of the day he is still raw and unproven at this level.

Not to mention that guys that came before him set the bar really high for rookies (Stewart, Harvick, Newman, and Kenseth, Hamlin, Edwards come to mind).

Joey has a long road to hoe before he can be compared to Tony Stewart, and to do so is extremely unfair to him.

Wade91
13th February 2009, 09:31
i have been pretty impressed with Tony so far, i wasn't sure how good he would he would do being with a new team, but he did good in the Bud shootout and the duels, and Joey was right behind him in that duel race, Tony has always done good at daytona, so it remains to be seen how good he will do at other tracks, but hes been impresive so far

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
13th February 2009, 16:46
I dont think we'll know what Tony has really got under him until we hit Cali and the 1.5 cookie cutters. So far so good for Tony, the Hendrick powered cars look to be making some good HP this year the Gibbs cars look good to.

RaceFanStan
13th February 2009, 21:10
Joey Logano has talent & is in good equipment but ...
I think he will consistantly finish behind Tony Stewart :D
IMO the 4-time USAC champion, 1997 IndyCar champion & 2-time Cup champion will be hard to beat http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Mark in Oshawa
14th February 2009, 05:38
How do you go against Smoke? Sliced Bread is a talented kid but lets face facts. He will have a tough road once they hit the meat of the season on the cookie cutter 1.5 mile races and he wont get any love on the short tracks either. Logano is a long term project and the Gibb's family knows it.....I just hope the fans give him a break.

muggle not
14th February 2009, 14:45
Gibbs should have kept him in Nationwide for at lest another season. He will get his azz kicked this year, and, from some of the rumors I am hearing about him from the last couple years, he will deserve it.

Wade91
14th February 2009, 15:10
Gibbs should have kept him in Nationwide for at lest another season. He will get his azz kicked this year, and, from some of the rumors I am hearing about him from the last couple years, he will deserve it.
well, i dont really know what better driver Gibbs could have found to replace Tony with

DanicaFan
14th February 2009, 18:15
Why are we even asking this question??
Come on, get serious. Tony Stewart is a proven top driver in NASCAR. Logano is only a rookie who hasnt had the chance to prove his "Hype" yet with the big boys. I think he will do good but he will make a lot of rookie mistakes and will not be in the chase at the end. Stewart will be in the chase.

I like Logano but I think he is being overhyped and that isnt good for him. It puts too much pressure on him. Let the kid go out there, race, learn, and do the best he can. The media and the fans shouldnt hype this kid up like he is the second coming or something.

wbcobrar
16th February 2009, 02:19
Stewart just became the #5 Hendrick car, with years of experience this comparison is totally unfair . How about Logano vs. Scott Speed ?

muggle not
16th February 2009, 03:11
Logano will not even be rookie of the year. He lacks the experience even though he has potential.

tstran17_88
16th February 2009, 03:52
Logano will not even be rookie of the year. He lacks the experience even though he has potential.Wow!!! Way to go out on a limb there Einstein!

muggle not
16th February 2009, 03:57
Wow!!! Way to go out on a limb there Einstein!
Some are afriad to even pick the ROY, or maybe don't have the knowledge.

tstran17_88
16th February 2009, 04:06
Some are afriad to even pick the ROY, or maybe don't have the knowledge.Yes, and some people have a hard time spelling the word "afraid".

Who won the ROY in 2000? What was his name again....?

colinspooky
16th February 2009, 13:24
I would like to request a change in my initial feelings following the 500. Stewart please.
Thank you
That is all

:D

Oli_M
16th February 2009, 19:19
I thought Logano ran pretty well in Speedweeks.

Couldn't help but think the Hendrick Chevy's were the better cars particularly on Pole day, but the Gibbs Toyota's seemed to have caught up by the time of the race. Sad way for Joey to end his first race in the 20 but I'm sure he's gonna manage a good number of top 5's this year. A win? Not sure, whereas Stewart I think will take possibly 2 trips to victory lane.

muggle not
18th February 2009, 02:27
Yes, and some people have a hard time spelling the word "afraid".

Who won the ROY in 2000? What was his name again....?
I believe it was Kenseth, put him in the same group as McMurray, Skinner, and Benson....all ok drivers but none know how to win Cup races.

wbcobrar
24th February 2009, 02:52
So muggle , Kenseth has a championship and has been trouncing the field so far in 09' and you are putting him in a group of " ....all ok drivers but none know how to win Cup races" I think someones just a little sore at tstran17_88 .

Mark in Oshawa
1st March 2009, 14:06
Someone taking swipes at Kenseth this year? Boy that is brave...and silly. Logano is looking more and more like a project this year by the way...Scott Speed will be your ROY. Every now and then he doesn't look just good but he looks brilliant....

muggle not
2nd March 2009, 01:27
Someone taking swipes at Kenseth this year? Boy that is brave...and silly. Logano is looking more and more like a project this year by the way...Scott Speed will be your ROY. Every now and then he doesn't look just good but he looks brilliant....
Much better drivers than Kenseth have missed the Chase.

wbcobrar
6th March 2009, 03:44
Mark in Oshawa , completly agree Speed is ROY shoe in.

wbcobrar
7th March 2009, 00:56
I agree with and appreciate the edit RaceFanStan , and though this is a Logano or Stewart thread , I must defend the honor of my favorite driver , so here are the numbers: Sprint Cup series starts 293 wins 17 top 5's 80 top 10,s 143 NNW starts 222 wins 24 top 5's 107 top 10,s 152 Iroc starts 12 wins 3 top 5's 9 top 10's 11 . Active driver wins in NASCAR touring series events 10th place overall (despite never racing in the truck series). NASCAR winnings : over $58,000,000. 2003 cup champion. 2000 ROY , finishing 14th in the points standings ,his worse finishing position in points to date . finished 2nd for ROY in nationwide series , despite only 21 starts. Youngest driver ever (19) to win a ARTGO challenge series event.

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2009, 18:19

After the last two races at Vegas and Atlanta....let me hedge a little. Speed is doing ok but Logano just turned in two pretty steady performances....

muggle not
27th March 2009, 22:03
After Martinsville Logano will be outside the top 35. I wonder how long before JGR demotes Logano to Nationwide, where he belongs.

jslone
28th March 2009, 03:08
Smoke well do better.I am not saying this on being late,but the fact is,Lagano has a long way to go to prove he belongs.Right now I dont think he is communicating enough as to what the car is doing,meaning the relationship with him and Zippy need to grow.

Mark in Oshawa
4th April 2009, 04:54
Smoke well do better.I am not saying this on being late,but the fact is,Lagano has a long way to go to prove he belongs.Right now I dont think he is communicating enough as to what the car is doing,meaning the relationship with him and Zippy need to grow.

Smoke will do better? Ummm 3rd at Martinsville? Well in the chase? Stewart is having a fantastic year for a guy who traditionally starts slow....

muggle not
4th April 2009, 14:44
Smoke will do better? Ummm 3rd at Martinsville? Well in the chase? Stewart is having a fantastic year for a guy who traditionally starts slow....
Yeah, I agree. Tony usually starts out slow and comes on strong in the second half. No question, Tony is a driver that will be in contention for the Championship this year.

jslone
5th April 2009, 03:14
Mark,I should have said what you and Muggle have said,Smoke usually does start slow,but the thing is Smoke and Zippadelli have a long standing relationship with each other and Tony knows how to say what needs to be done with the car to make it better,Joey still has to learn that part of the deal which is why I think he is struggling,even when the Smoke was at JGR,he wasnt this far behind in the points.He kept getting better and better.I dont see this in Lagano.

oldhippie
5th April 2009, 05:06
a rookie promoted too quickly versus a veteran champion in a good car
it is not hard to figure out cause the clear advantage goes to Tony Stewart

muggle not
5th April 2009, 14:51
a rookie promoted too quickly versus a veteran champion in a good car
it is not hard to figure out cause the clear advantage goes to Tony Stewart
It appears that the advantage goes to 33 other drivers.......they are all higher than Logano in the points. :)

Logano is in good equipment. Either they brought Logano up too soon or he is overrated. I believe that both are true.

harvick#1
5th April 2009, 16:00
It appears that the advantage goes to 33 other drivers.......they are all higher than Logano in the points. :)

Logano is in good equipment. Either they brought Logano up too soon or he is overrated. I believe that both are true.

brought up too quickly, hands down, hes holding his own in the NWS series with the same drivers, hes just having trouble with the car in the Cup side.

plus Tony is in Hendrick equipment anyway, its not like he started the team from scratch, he just bought half a team ;) and doesn't build his own chassis' or cars.

Joey was sort of put into the same position as Harvick, but different type of situation (we all know Harv's story). to have to replace a 2-time champions car and be successful instantly is kinda of insane, plus, his veteran teammates are Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch, (I guess if he wants to learn how to cry and have temper-tantrums , those are the 2 best to go to) let the kid run a full season.

everyone expects too much out of rookies now these days, we all know Stewart, Harvick, Johnson, Edwards all set the bar as rookies, not everyone can follow that

RaceFanStan
15th April 2009, 03:26
...Scott Speed will be your ROY....

After race 7 @ Texas, advantage Logano :
1. Joey Logano 75 points
2. Scott Speed 63 points

Plus Joey Logano is guaranteed to start Phoenix (35th in OP)
while Scott Speed will have to make it on speed or go home (38th in OP)

I wouldn't be etching any driver's name on the 2009 ROTY trophy just yet ...