PDA

View Full Version : USF1 Drivers

vintage
9th February 2009, 18:22
Rumors says the first driver may be someone currently driving in a junior formula series in Europe - who is that? All the frontrunning US citizens I am aware of ran last year in the US.

Chamoo
9th February 2009, 18:49
Rumors says the first driver may be someone currently driving in a junior formula series in Europe - who is that? All the frontrunning US citizens I am aware of ran last year in the US.

Let's worry about putting a car together first.

Sleeper
9th February 2009, 21:59
Two of the front runners in last years Formula Ford Festival were Americans, one of which won though I cant remember their names and both were pretty new to car racing.

In 4-5 years they might be up there, but certainly seem talanted so far.

millencolin
9th February 2009, 22:28
Jimmie Johnson and Buddy Rice :p :

DanicaFan
9th February 2009, 23:14
If this team plays out for 2010. Im sure they will be knocking down Danica's door to come aboard. Her IRL contract is up after this year but Im sure AGR will be keeping her. I could also see Marco Andretti being a contender.

Placid
10th February 2009, 00:26
Two of the front runners in last years Formula Ford Festival were Americans, one of which won though I cant remember their names and both were pretty new to car racing.

In 4-5 years they might be up there, but certainly seem talanted so far.

Josef Newgarden who won the Formula Ford Festival.

And Conor Daly (Son of former F1/Indy/ALMS driver Derek Daly) who won and became the 1st US driver to win the Walter Hayes Trophy.

Placid
10th February 2009, 00:34
Jake Rosenzweig ran the Formula Renault 2.0 WEC. He is only 17.
Finished 8th in the championship and wil run the F3 Euro Series with Carlin
Motorsport and some partial Porsche Carrera Supercup.

The other driver that is overseas is Formula BMW Pacific 2008 runner-up Sean McDonagh.

They also have Summerton, Charlie Kimball and Richard Antinucci with
F# experience. I would select Antinucci for his experience.

call_me_andrew
10th February 2009, 03:16
Her IRL contract is up after this year but Im sure AGR will be keeping her.

The only way that will happen is if she wins another race this year. And I only give that a 15% chance.

millencolin
10th February 2009, 04:05
If this team plays out for 2010. Im sure they will be knocking down Danica's door to come aboard. Her IRL contract is up after this year but Im sure AGR will be keeping her. I could also see Marco Andretti being a contender.

In all honesty, I don't see the driver coming from the Indycar field... It will probably be an up-and-coming driver like Rosenzweig or Summerton.

But i was thinking, would both drivers be from the United States? Perhaps they would do what the old Team Australia did and hire one Australian (Power, Marshall) and a driver from another nationality (Pagenaud, Tagliani).

If this team does comes along, they would probably benefit with a driver with prior F1 experience.

Easy Drifter
10th February 2009, 06:33
I would expect them to hire at least one experienced F1 driver for the feedback. Quite possibly 2 and an American driver as a test driver if the testing rules are relaxed.
Again I would expect any American driver hired to have some experience on F1 tracks in Jr. formula.
Danica. Not ruddy likely. Not what I wanted to say but I don't want the mods all over my case.

millencolin
10th February 2009, 13:24
Danica. Not ruddy likely. Not what I wanted to say but I don't want the mods all over my case.

Ditto... I'll just say... Surfers Paradise 2008

trumperZ06
10th February 2009, 15:30
;) I agree with an experienced F-1 driver and an American are likely choices.

Marco Andretti would bring a lot to the new team...

The Andretti name... sponsorship... and possibly some engineering support from his father's Indy operation.

I am evil Homer
10th February 2009, 17:13
Ditto... I'll just say... Surfers Paradise 2008

Indeed..when her class was there for everyone to see from the onboard camera! Marketing dream, not very good at actually driving.

Placid
11th February 2009, 03:02

The Andretti name... sponsorship... and possibly some engineering support from his father's Indy operation.

Another name that we avoided is Eddie Cheever's nephey Richard Antinucci.
He raced in F3 Euro Series with 2 sprint wins in 2006. Then there is Jonathan Bomarito, Summerton, Kimball, Carl Skerlong.

Possibles: Ryan Hunter-Reay, and Pat Long.

Ranger
11th February 2009, 04:59
Their best bet is tossing in a current F1 driver against a US young gun, if the project makes it to the grid, similar to what Team Australia did in ChampCar.

I don't know how old Conor Daly is but he may be worth a look in a few years.

Garry Walker
11th February 2009, 09:25

Danica? :rotflmao:

She would be worse than Yoong and a complete laughing stock in F1.

Roamy
12th February 2009, 06:03

danica and marco have clearly been slow on road courses and are not fit for F1.

trumperZ06
12th February 2009, 16:23
danica and marco have clearly been slow on road courses and are not fit for F1.

;) Danica... YES,

Marco... not so much !!!

:D I'm not saying Marco Andretti is the "best young American driver available",

but I do think he would be a wise choice for an American team entering Formula One.

A new team's not likely to be competitive... but sponsorship, Press coverage, and engineering help would go a long way in enabling them to survive.

Oli_M
12th February 2009, 16:30
Im sure they will be knocking down Danica's door to come aboard.

Funniest thing I have read all year!!

Will be interesting to see where this all pans out. Obviously I'm all for getting as many cars on the grid as possible, but if it ends up being a total flop all it will do is push F1 further away from the US. Which is certainly not a good thing.

Sleeper
13th February 2009, 14:16
They also have Summerton, Charlie Kimball and Richard Antinucci with
F# experience. I would select Antinucci for his experience.
If thats the best formula drivers with experience that America has to offer, then this USF1 team should give up now, or wait 5 years for Newgarden and Daily.

nigelred5
13th February 2009, 15:52
You all are also omitting the ONLY American driver with ANY recent F1 experience on the current tracks, Scott Speed. Yes, he's still under Red Bull's wing in Nascar right now, but who knows by next year. Personally, I think he got the shaft at STR, however he does seem to enjoy what he's doing now.

truefan72
13th February 2009, 16:05
Scott Speed more than deserves another chance in an F1 car. The STR fiasco still leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Sleeper
13th February 2009, 19:53
You all are also omitting the ONLY American driver with ANY recent F1 experience on the current tracks, Scott Speed. Yes, he's still under Red Bull's wing in Nascar right now, but who knows by next year. Personally, I think he got the shaft at STR, however he does seem to enjoy what he's doing now.
Scott Speed is already on record saying that even if he was offered a top drive in F1, he wouldnt come back as he's enjoying NASCAR too much to care. A shame, as he really is a damn good driver.

Placid
15th February 2009, 01:23
Another US hopeful to look for is 2008 Star Mazda Champ John Edwards - 2004 US Red Bull Driver Search winner. A driver I left out.

He will compete in the Atlantic Championship this year.

markabilly
15th February 2009, 04:07
Danica and Sarah Palin as drivers, a real dream team for USA

read the other thread on the announcement, esp the history of past failures of our leader......duh

Tallgeese
15th February 2009, 11:20
Don't know about all. The USF1 proposal sounds a little unusual but if you ask me, if it is supported by all Indy teams & uses the US-based series to get American racers & manufacturers into F1 then it may be worthwhile. In the meantime, I doubt the US has anyone worthy to consider for the right reasons. For all the talk about that girl who races in Indy (what's her name again?) she attracts attention for all the wrong reasons.

Garry Walker
15th February 2009, 12:31
Scott Speed is already on record saying that even if he was offered a top drive in F1, he wouldnt come back as he's enjoying NASCAR too much to care. A shame, as he really is a damn good driver.

If he was so damn good, why did he not show it in f1?

ShiftingGears
15th February 2009, 12:39
I would say that in the extraordinarily unlikely event of USF1 ever making the grid, it won't be with 2 US drivers.

Shifter
15th February 2009, 17:12
Well I think that being too nationalistic with the driver choice is not a bright business move. I think Super Aguri limited themselves a little, not with Sato but with their second driver choices. Force India have been smart enough to avoid this, and it almost paid off in Monaco. Would Karthikeyan have been running as high as Sutil was? Doubt it.

Tazio
15th February 2009, 17:40
Well I think that being too nationalistic with the driver choice is not a bright business move. I think Super Aguri limited themselves a little, not with Sato but with their second driver choices. Force India have been smart enough to avoid this, and it almost paid off in Monaco. Would Karthikeyan have been running as high as Sutil was? Doubt it.I agree whole-heartedly.
Shifty this is a bone that has to be thrown to the U.S public!
When they re-neg. it will be easily justified.
Tell them there is something of value, and national pride, and the casual sports fan will be all over it.
I can see it now (I have a fertile imagination) at a future USGP venue hysterical fans screaming "USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!"
I was at a exhibition volleyball match at the Thomas And Mack Arena in Las Vegas shortly after it opened ('83 or '84) between the US and Brazil.
It was very well attended, and the Brazilians had a large contingent of followers.
They would respond to this chant with a little Samba music, hot babes shaking it for everything that they were worth, with this simple ejaculation at its conclusion:

"Brazil"

It was really special

BTW The home team lost a thriller in three sets!

DanicaFan
16th February 2009, 00:01
Danica Patrick is a candidate for their team. They would love to have her.

ShiftingGears
16th February 2009, 00:07

To cash in, yes, for the fact shes a whinging bitch and driver capable of Surfers 2008, no.

Shifter
16th February 2009, 00:24
I'm really sorry for you Danica fans, but her arms just aren't strong enough for her to pass the FIA superlicense test, much less be competitive in an F1 car.

markabilly
16th February 2009, 00:27

Oh really, now I know the following is most definitely true......

Is this like fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me,
Or those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its failures

I would love it, but reality is......................... :rolleyes:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21179.html

FEBRUARY 12, 2009
The USF1 team plans a launch

In 1988 he left the team and tried to buy Brabham but the deal ended up in a legal wrangle, although Windsor ended up being awarded $2m in damages. In 1990 he became head of Ferrari's Guildford Technical Office but a year later went back to Williams as team manager. In 1993 Windsor went to America hoping to set up an Indycar team but when that did not happen he established a new F1 team with Japan's Tetsu Ikuzawa and Enrique Scalabroni. This opened a drawing office in Basildon, Essex, but never found the money to build the cars. Windsor then returned to the F1 media and has been working for Speed TV for several years.

Enrique Scalabroni, the king of dud projects.

Easy Drifter
16th February 2009, 02:45
Methinks Danica Fan has had a gallon or two too much Kickapoo Joy Juice yet again.
There are probably at least 15 US drivers ahead of her on the want list.
I also believe if they have any hope of being competative (assuming it even happens) at least one driver will be a current F1 driver. They will need someone who knows the circuits and knows what a F1 car does and what changes are needed.
You are not going to get that with someone who has no F1 and European experience.
Back to "Stompin' Danica'; she does not seem to have the ability to set up a car on her own or communicate properly with her engineers.
I do not think she has the skill to even drive a F1 car and certainly not the ability to develop a new car.

call_me_andrew
16th February 2009, 02:48
I'm really sorry for you Danica fans, but her arms just aren't strong enough for her to pass the FIA superlicense test, much less be competitive in an F1 car.

The only challenge to the superlicence test these days is reaching for your wallet. Yuji Ide anyone?

harvick#1
16th February 2009, 02:53
Danica is not even a road course racer, nough said, Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon or Tony Stewart will still do laps around her, if they all went to F1 right now

El Libertador
16th February 2009, 02:56
Kyle Busch!

One serious guy no one's mentioned is 17-year-old Alex Rossi. He dominated FBMW Americas last year, winning something like 10 of 16, and then won the Formula BMW World Final in Mexico. He's going to Europe in 2009, I don't know where he'll race and doubt he'd be ready for 2010, but he's got to be on their radar because although he has a lot of proving to do, he's certainly got the most potential of any American open wheel driver as far as getting to F1.

Anyway, I had read that Anderson tried to buy the Honda team and have Jenson Button and Sébastien Bourdais as his drivers. STR will be for sale at the end of the year, which could leave Bourdais on the sidelines, and Bourdais' family lives in the USA (or lived, don't know if they moved), so it wouldn't be too hard for him to spend a lot of time in Charlotte with the team...

Tazio
16th February 2009, 04:38
USF1 T.D. on the subject of Danica Patrick.

"She's great. She gets a lot of press," USF1 technical director Ken Anderson told the Associated Press in a telephone interview. "(Indianapolis Motor Speedway president) Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see.

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

http://www.cbssports.com/autoracing/story/11382104

wmcot
16th February 2009, 07:22

Funny that I never really noticed her arms... ;)

DexDexter
16th February 2009, 10:31
Danica is not even a road course racer, nough said, Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon or Tony Stewart will still do laps around her, if they all went to F1 right now

Would anyone of them actually fit in the car?

Ranger
16th February 2009, 10:42
Would anyone of them actually fit in the car?

Danica would, Jeff Gordon would, the other two wouldn't.

Jeff Gordon was pretty decent in an F1 car at Indy 2001.

jso1985
19th February 2009, 04:37
I'm the only one that thinks that Ryan Hunter-Ray would be a good choice?

Ranger
19th February 2009, 05:20
I'm the only one that thinks that Ryan Hunter-Ray would be a good choice?

RHR was outpaced everywhere by his rookie team-mate Timo Glock in Champcar in 2005.

I've never thought he was that impressive.

Placid
21st February 2009, 03:17
Well RHR has no ride yet. But I will be surprised if he gets 1st car.

And for sponsors - you need a celebrity list.

Placid
21st February 2009, 03:18
Let's worry about putting a car together first.

Hopefully by either Swift , Panoz, or Geoff Bodine who made the Bo-Dyn sled.

markabilly
21st February 2009, 05:25
USF1 T.D. on the subject of Danica Patrick.[/*:m:1xldz9rz]

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

http://www.cbssports.com/autoracing/story/11382104

Me too, but once she got started, i promise it would be something she would want to do, over and over.....she would probably starting crying if she found she just was not good enough to keep me happy

Please no more Dp talk ok?

Duuuhhh :rolleyes:

call_me_andrew
23rd February 2009, 03:24
RHR was outpaced everywhere by his rookie team-mate Timo Glock in Champcar in 2005.

I've never thought he was that impressive.

The same Timo Glock who went to Champ Car after racing in F1 only to go to GP2 in 2007 and win the championship and out finished teamate Jarno Trulli eight times last year? I think you may have set the bar a little high.

Sorry Markabilly, but there is one point about Danica Patrick I feel I should make. By virtue of her finish in the IndyCar Series point system, she is the only American driver who qualifies for a FIA Super Licence this year.

Ranger
23rd February 2009, 03:38
The same Timo Glock who went to Champ Car after racing in F1 only to go to GP2 in 2007 and win the championship and out finished teamate Jarno Trulli eight times last year? I think you may have set the bar a little high.

Personally I think the team should go for a new face rather than a nearly 30 year-old who was pretty outclassed by a current driver who, in F1, is a bit unproven.

nigelred5
23rd February 2009, 12:41
Hopefully by either Swift , Panoz, or Geoff Bodine who made the Bo-Dyn sled.

IIRC, more than one of the Panoz designers formerly worked for Lola. I don't know about the Bodine guys, but I know that Geoff waves the flag proudly with his sled project, so It wouldn't suprise me if he showed an interest in the project. I think some people may be suprized in the level of interest in this project. There's a lot of underemployed people in the US racing industry right now, but I could see this being a rallying point of the ENTIRE industry in the US. The US against the world thing goes a long way in the U.S.

ShiftingGears
23rd February 2009, 12:45
If, by some obscene twist of fate, they end up on the grid with Danica Patrick as one of their drivers, I am going to laugh. Really hard.

Knock-on
23rd February 2009, 13:30
If, by some obscene twist of fate, they end up on the grid with Danica Patrick as one of their drivers, I am going to laugh. Really hard.

I think she will.... partnered with JV :D

I quite like Danica. Wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting anyway.

However, in F1, it would be a bit Mickey Mouse.

Perhaps they are going for Disney sponsorship :?:

ozrevhead
24th February 2009, 13:45
I wonder if Helio is kicking himself right now

Danica? :rotflmao:

She would be worse than Yoong and a complete laughing stock in F1.
GOD NO!!!!

I wonder how many of the current IRL driver have had a taste of F1 - racing or testing - or would the go purely on nationality

call_me_andrew
24th February 2009, 22:22
I wonder how many of the current IRL driver have had a taste of F1 - racing or testing -

Ryan Briscoe, Marco Andretti, Robert Doornbos, Sarah Fisher, Justin Wilson, and Will Power.

And only two of those drivers are Americans.

truefan72
24th February 2009, 22:37
Idf they stuck with the Us only driver route then ideally, I would love to see Jeff Gordon and Scott Speed in the car the first year and then then groom AJ almendinger to drive next to speed sin subsequent years. Perphas give Klye Busch a looksee to gauge his interest and competence.

I have no faith in the quality of Marco Andretti. I even rate Rahal's son above him.

call_me_andrew
24th February 2009, 23:04
Speed has no interest in going back to F1. No way would Gordon move to F1 at this point in his career.

Kyle Bush would have to take a pay cut and I don't think he wants to do that.

A. J. Allmendinger's contract seems to go month to month at this point. So Allemdinger is your best choice here, but he doesn't qualify for an FIA Super License.

pits4me
24th February 2009, 23:35
Let's not forget Patrick Long

Easy Drifter
25th February 2009, 00:41
'Stompin Danica' has said she doesn't want to travel.
Translation: 'I know I am not good enough.'

Placid
25th February 2009, 00:54
Here are a few drivers that were not mentioned in the press
conference.

From Indy Car:
Ryan Hunter-Reay, Ed Carpenter, and AJ Foyt IV.

From Atlantic:
Jonathan Bomarito, Carl Skerlong, Dane Cameron and John Edwards.

From Indy Lights:
Richard Antinucci, Charlie Kimball, Sean Guthrie, JR Hildebrand and Logan Gomez.

From Star Mazda: Joel Miller.

Another honorable mention:
2008 Formula BMW Pacific Runner-up Sean McDonagh.
2006 Pacific F2000 champ Robert Podlesni.
2008 Pacific F2000 champ Jeff Westphal.

Jake Rosenzweig (F3 Euro Series) and Liam Kenney (Formula ADAC / VW)
are potential testers.

Easy Drifter
25th February 2009, 01:56
Actually I wouldn't be too worried about drivers just yet.
They have a concept.
Head Office is the local Starbucks.
They have no facilities in the US and possibly a base in Spain.
They have no design staff.
They have no machinery.
They have no tool benches or tools.
They have no fabricators.
They have no mechanics.
They have no transporters in the US or Europe.
They have no contract with an air carrier or their own cargo plane.
They will have partial use of a state of the art wind tunnel.
They have no computers or computer operators.
They have no computer programmers with F1 design experience.
They have no computer hardware or software.
They have no engine.
They have no transmission.
They have no office staff.
They have no office period.
They have no contracts with any suppliers that we are aware of.
There are a lot of unemployed NASCAR and some IRL crewmen available in the US.
These people have no F1 experience or rarely do.
There are quite a few unemployed F1 staff (and if Honda folds more) in the UK but can they get a US green card?
All this can be overcome but in 12 months?
Methinks drivers are the last and least of their problems.

ozrevhead
25th February 2009, 05:04
Ryan Briscoe, Marco Andretti, Robert Doornbos, Sarah Fisher, Justin Wilson, and Will Power.

And only two of those drivers are Americans.
well maybe one each - an american and a non american with some experiance

Placid
25th February 2009, 05:24
I may not be Las Vegas, but I decided to
place the odds on who will be the 1st 3 drivers
(2 race drivers and 1 tester).

And here we go:
Summerton - 2-5
Patrick - 2-1
Kyle - 5-1
Speed - 7-1
Long - 10-1
Hunter-Reay - 13-1
Antinucci - 16-1
Kimball - 25-1
Marco - 30-1
Bomarito - 35-1
Graham - 45-1
McDonagh - 60-1
AJ4 - 75-1
'Dingo - 80-1
Carpenter - 90-1
Skerlong - 100-1
Hornish - 200-1

Testers:
A. Rossi - 5-2
C. Daly - 3-2
Edwards - 2-1
Hildebrand - 4-1
Cameron - 6-1
Newgarden - 10-1
Herrington - 25-1
S. Guthrie - 50-1
Rosenzweig - 60-1
Kenney - 75-1
Gomez - 80-1
Braun - 90-1
Fisher - 250-1

harvick#1
25th February 2009, 06:05
if patrick is confirmed, USF1 will be an absolute laughing stock, you all know how well she ran at surfers right

Tallgeese
3rd March 2009, 10:14
I don't think that US drivers from Indy can make it. F1 is too complex & challenging for them. I mean, Indy tracks are easy to learn & lack the depth whereas F1 tracks are so difficult to master. I think it was Alex Zanardi who stood a good chance once, but never had the luck with regulations or even a decent car when he returned to F1.

Whatever the case, if the USF1 team gets a good car, they should probably reactivate Scott Speed (as he'd be the only American with any recent F1 experience) & probably try to persuade Scott Dixon as well.

Ranger
3rd March 2009, 11:09
I don't think that US drivers from Indy can make it. F1 is too complex & challenging for them. I mean, Indy tracks are easy to learn & lack the depth whereas F1 tracks are so difficult to master. I think it was Alex Zanardi who stood a good chance once, but never had the luck with regulations or even a decent car when he returned to F1.

Whatever the case, if the USF1 team gets a good car, they should probably reactivate Scott Speed (as he'd be the only American with any recent F1 experience) & probably try to persuade Scott Dixon as well.

Zanardi just wasn't a good driver in F1.

IMO Montoya was a much better driver in general but didn't have the composure or the discipline. A great shame.

At least some time on the Euro scene is needed for an IndyCar driver to make the switch at least half successfully, recent history says.

ChrisS
3rd March 2009, 11:29

Dixon is from New Zealand, if they dont care about nationality they should go for a driver with formula experience.

DirtDevil5
3rd March 2009, 14:41

AGR can't even find full time sponsorship for Marco's
IRL crapwagon
USF1 won't fish in the IRL pond for drivers...

Nikki Katz
3rd March 2009, 18:56
I don't think that if they do show up (I have a lot of doubts!) that they'll field two US drivers. Most US drivers grow up on ovals, which really has little relevance to F1.

Their best choice would probably be Scott Speed, but following his treatment by Toro Rosso I don't think that he's interested in F1. I don't watch NASCAR, but am I right in thinking that his seat is significantly less safe than the other drivers in that series with road course experience? That could nudge him back I guess.

Allmendinger would be good, but I would have thought he's less likely to join.

The US IRL drivers don't tend to go so well on the road courses, most of their success comes from ovals. I guess that Hunter-Reay won a road course last year, but he was horribly outperformed by Glock in ChampCar.

Sponsors would love Danica Patrick, but she's pretty bad on those sorts of tracks, and Marco Andretti is arguably even worse, and wasn't very good in A1GP either.

There's probably some other drivers in Nascar that could do a good job (didn't one test a Williams quite well a few years ago?), but that would require stepping down from possible race winning teams into what's probably going to be a backmarker, and taking a pay cut.

I think if there is a US driver that it won't be a household name for anyone even in the US, it's probably a bit much of a risk to someone like Patrick's career.

They did say that they thought one seat should go to someone with experience. Any ideas? Barrichello? Bourdais? Trulli if Toyota pull out?

call_me_andrew
4th March 2009, 06:48

Why are F1 tracks are hard to learn? It's just a long straightaway followed by a sharp turn. Aren't you familair with Tilke's work?

Their best choice would probably be Scott Speed, but following his treatment by Toro Rosso I don't think that he's interested in F1. I don't watch NASCAR, but am I right in thinking that his seat is significantly less safe than the other drivers in that series with road course experience? That could nudge him back I guess.

There's probably some other drivers in Nascar that could do a good job (didn't one test a Williams quite well a few years ago?), but that would require stepping down from possible race winning teams into what's probably going to be a backmarker, and taking a pay cut.

Speed is still driving for Red Bull and has plenty of job security.

Jeff Gordon and Juan Montoya took turns driving each other's car in 2003. It was more of a demonstration than a test, but Gordon did have impressive lap times. Montoya had to lobby Williams to let Gordon have all the engine's RPMs. Gordon also had offers to move to F1 as early as 1997, but he turned them down because he didn't want to restart his career. Gordon is 37 now, I don't think anyone would want a driver that old.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2003-06/8193931.jpg

dj4monie
4th March 2009, 07:49

Ummm -

Dancia (Not to defender her current open wheel record) has nothing really but Road Racing experience, in lower forms (Karting and Atlantics). But thus far has been nothing but subpar in Indy car on road courses. I think is this mostly because she spent so much time trying to get oval racing down and doesn't practice road racing at all in the off season (that I know of) she has lost some skill, but then again, she constantly finished behind AJ when they both were in Atlantics.

AGR offered her the A1GP seat and she whined about money, while Macro is cutting this teeth against some of the best pure road racers in Europe. The team is still learning the car and while everybody is new to the car as well, they still have an advantage in having visited some of the tracks before./

Not making any excuses, those are the facts. Macro was 2nd in final practice at the last round in South Africa, he has the speed.

Why are people short changing Summerton? He actually WON in A1GP and has been competitive since they put him in the car. I was actually looking forward to old US A1GP to return again more confidant than ever they could challenge usual front runners Ireland, Germany, UK and Netherlands.

Conner Daly is shown flashes as well.

We have plenty of people to put into these cars, they just need track time.

Let's get the car(s) together and get this ball rolling!

ShiftingGears
4th March 2009, 08:31
Why are people short changing Summerton? He actually WON in A1GP and has been competitive since they put him in the car.

People don't respect A1GP. That's why. If he has a very respectable crack at Gp2 then you can expect him to get some decent coverage.