PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Corvette Racing????

racerbob4
9th February 2009, 16:34
GM is asking for and taking handouts from the AMERICAN taxpayers, their major advertising is THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION, and they go out and hire foreigners to drive their ALMS cars. I think that picture is very wrong as there are a lot of very talented AMERICAN drivers quite capable of winning in their cars. In another month or two when GM comes back for another handout the Obama crew should say, no thanks, tell your union guys to find other work and oh, by the way, hire some AMERICANS to drive your car as that will help get more AMERICANS employed.

courageous
10th February 2009, 00:14
So american drivers should only drive GM, Chrysler or Ford cars? otherwise they would be taking German drives from German drivers or Italian drives from Italian drivers or Japanese drives from Japanese drivers (WHOOPS, Mutoh wins the Indy 500 & Indycar series).

Sportscar racing doesn't care about your nationality (unless your French and it's Le Mans entry time), if it is such an issue for you then may I suggest watching A1GP or any other racing series where the flag you run under matters (I am not going to make the obvious cheap shot).

trumperZ06
10th February 2009, 19:37
:dozey: GM's facing major problems World-Wide...

currently, Corvette Racing is NOT under pressure.

The Corvette team will run the C6R in GT1 thru Le Mans, then they will drop down to ALMS GT2.

Latest word is that the team is funded with sponsorship thru 2009.

;) Like all teams, Corvette tries to choose the best drivers available... nationality is not a priority.

rob01
11th February 2009, 17:39
hire some AMERICANS to drive your car as that will help get more AMERICANS employed.

lol seriously? im sure that would have a massive impact on employment numbers..

i think we all know corvette would not have won half as much over the past few years with an all american driver line up! =P

harvick#1
11th February 2009, 18:35
think before you post, please, who cares what nationality you are when you are with a team.

rob01
12th February 2009, 15:53
think before you post, please, who cares what nationality you are when you are with a team.

i apologise, it was meant in good humour :)

harvick#1
12th February 2009, 17:35
sorry rob, wasn't directed to you, was meant to the thread starter who only posted once to get a arguement

jslone
18th February 2009, 22:12
GM is asking for and taking handouts from the AMERICAN taxpayers, their major advertising is THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION, and they go out and hire foreigners to drive their ALMS cars. I think that picture is very wrong as there are a lot of very talented AMERICAN drivers quite capable of winning in their cars. In another month or two when GM comes back for another handout the Obama crew should say, no thanks, tell your union guys to find other work and oh, by the way, hire some AMERICANS to drive your car as that will help get more AMERICANS employed.

So you want Ferrari to hire italian drivers and the german cars to hire strictly german drivers and so on?Is that the kind of racing series you want run.

rob01
19th February 2009, 12:59
Check out A1GP!

wedge
19th February 2009, 13:06
So you want Ferrari to hire italian drivers and the german cars to hire strictly german drivers and so on?Is that the kind of racing series you want run.

Having thought about it it would actually make a great GT series!

Jag_Warrior
19th February 2009, 20:16

You joined this forum in Oct. 2007 and this is your first post?! :arrowed:

Yeah, when GM submitted their plan to Congress the other day, I'm sure that the nationality of the race car drivers was high on the list of issues. Good grief! :rolleyes:

jslone
20th February 2009, 01:36
Having thought about it it would actually make a great GT series!

Now that you think about it,I may be onto somehting,oh well,nice to have fantasies.About this that is.

wedge
20th February 2009, 14:21
Now that you think about it,I may be onto somehting,oh well,nice to have fantasies.About this that is.

:D

Aussie and US muscle cars versus European GTs versus Japanese sportscars.

Drivers' championship, manufacturers championship and nations' cup championship - the top scoring drivers score points for their respective nation.

Oh well, a man dream!

Bob Riebe
24th February 2009, 03:48
You joined this forum in Oct. 2007 and this is your first post?! :arrowed:

Yeah, when GM submitted their plan to Congress the other day, I'm sure that the nationality of the race car drivers was high on the list of issues. Good grief! :rolleyes:
As much as I loath NASCAR peeing on the mechanical side of the sport to push their hero drivers, fan recognition of U.S. drivers in road racing was not an unseen thing.
It DID NOT carry the series, but it brought regional fans.

Many of the drivers that were regionally well known, had more than a few people show up to see how the local boy would do when a circus came to town.

The foreign boys are nobody to most everbody but the hard core few that drool over them on the internet.

Of course then there is road racing with U.S. drivers, GARRA but then that smells of NASCAR.
The drivers are known but the mechanical side is so contrived and boring, it seems not too many really care.

Hell, why waste money on one road racing series with cars and drivers few give a damn about, and another that is so boring, that few care even if the drivers are known, when one can always take in a sprint car racing where the cars are quick, fast, loud and most people know where the drivers came from.