PDA

View Full Version : Subaru to join IRC??

JRodrigues
8th February 2009, 19:51
According to portuguese Autosport, that may happen

http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/65838

google translation:

Subaru sources linked to ensure that the Japanese manufacturer will sign up within
little time in the series sponsored by Eurosport. Despite having canceled its program in
rally world, the very brand of Fuji believes in the potential of the Impreza with new rules
Production and the group believes have a good chance in this league come to take advantage
media and allow many private users the possibility of the model will
collect points, which until now does not.

PLuto
8th February 2009, 19:59
Yes, it is true: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=7936

HaCo
8th February 2009, 21:19
That is just awesome news...

Would love to see Atko in the N14 and I hope FIA makes the N4 a bit more competitive... slap in the face of David Richards if its true.

urabus-denoS2000
8th February 2009, 22:05
Great news!

Simmi
8th February 2009, 23:32
So this is just an effort to field their production car in the IRC? I dont see how that will gain them points on the majority of rounds. Hardly a 'slap in the face' either just entering some production cars.

alleskids
9th February 2009, 10:09
Brasil will be a good rally to score points with Subaru N4s. The European drivers group will be small (3x Peugeot + 3 Fiats) so the Impreza from the Brasilian rally championship can score high points, that otherwise would be trown away if Subaru is not entered.

Buzz Lightyear
9th February 2009, 14:11
Brasil will be a good rally to score points with Subaru N4s. The European drivers group will be small (3x Peugeot + 3 Fiats) so the Impreza from the Brasilian rally championship can score high points, that otherwise would be trown away if Subaru is not entered.

no it wont. n4 cannot compete with s2000 now.

urabus-denoS2000
9th February 2009, 14:38
I am a huge Subaru fan but I am afraid the N14 cant even compete with the Evo IX (although it did show some speed at the end of the season).....

I hope they make a fast N15 (still developed by Prodrive)

ProRally
9th February 2009, 17:31
That is just awesome news...

Would love to see Atko in the N14 and I hope FIA makes the N4 a bit more competitive... slap in the face of David Richards if its true.

Do like in Spain, there group N can have 36mm restrictor, would be good fight with S2000 then

Mirek
9th February 2009, 18:05
I have some doubts about reliability of such cars...

Rally Power
10th June 2009, 16:37
Was this only a rumour or are there other reasons to explain the nonappearance of Subaru as registered IRC manufacturer ???

RS
10th June 2009, 17:59
Was this only a rumour or are there other reasons to explain the nonappearance of Subaru as registered IRC manufacturer ???

Probably since Rally Japan was cancelled they lost their interest, and now they have missed the events where they stood the chance of scoring good points.