PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Bourdais confirmed at STR for 2009

Giuseppe F1
6th February 2009, 08:43
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73147

millencolin
6th February 2009, 08:58
Good stuff, there is no doubting that he is a quality driver, maybe this year he can bring in some better results... but i fear that the Scuderia 'Red Bull' car may be a bit slow, with the late launch n all...

pino
6th February 2009, 11:32
Good for him :up: hopefully he will stay off Trulli's line this year ;)

Sleeper
6th February 2009, 11:38
Good stuff, there is no doubting that he is a quality driver, maybe this year he can bring in some better results... but i fear that the Scuderia 'Red Bull' car may be a bit slow, with the late launch n all...
Well, the STR3 was launched after Monaco last year so I dont think it will be a problem.

Good to see he got the drive, he deserved it.

keysersoze
6th February 2009, 12:38
Gilbert-Scott says they have significant monies to bring. I hope their sponsors could see some value by bringing it to America and getting on with an IRL team.

trumperZ06
6th February 2009, 14:31
Good for him :up: hopefully he will stay off Trulli's line this year ;)

;) SeaBass will be all over Trulli, like a Whale chasing a Minnow !!!

:D Glad to see Bourdais returning.

tintop
6th February 2009, 15:41
:) Yeah!

donKey jote
6th February 2009, 17:27
good for Bourdais :up: , but where does this leave Knockie's Buttboy ? :(

jens
6th February 2009, 21:37
Well, the STR3 was launched after Monaco last year so I dont think it will be a problem.

This year with in-season testing ban is a bit different and it will be more challenging for STR to adapt the RB chassis with Ferrari engine and get enough practice. Especially as the new car (RB5) is totally different from its predecessor. RB4 (+ its "equivalent" STR3) was basically an evolutional design from RB3 (STR2).

And even if STR becomes better by the second half of the season, then they'll be struggling in the beginning again like last year. Due to testing ban I don't expect development race to be so rapid now and hence we won't see so significant rises by struggling teams during a season (like Renault and STR in '08).

Tom206wrc
7th February 2009, 10:26
On coming monday confirmation Bourdais will also drive the 24h of Le Mans with Peugeot :bounce:

Nice program :cool:

Caroline
7th February 2009, 17:20
He has to really prove himself this year - hope that it goes his way :)

markabilly
7th February 2009, 17:24
poor sato......all that red bull he bought for nought

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2009, 08:46
I hope it turns out better for him than Scott Speed's second season....

truefan72
8th February 2009, 10:59
good news for Bourdais, will score some good points this year if the car performs anything like it did in the 2nd half of last year. I'll go out ojn a limb and say that they might outshine RBR again

Garry Walker
9th February 2009, 10:43
For a while during last season, SB was beating Vettel The Hype, before the new car came which he hated, so this is a good decision.

Ranger
9th February 2009, 11:35
First time someone is doing a full F1 season and Le Mans in the same year since 1994. :up:

I hope he can win Le Mans and have a much better F1 season than last year.

Sleeper
9th February 2009, 22:09
This year with in-season testing ban is a bit different and it will be more challenging for STR to adapt the RB chassis with Ferrari engine and get enough practice. Especially as the new car (RB5) is totally different from its predecessor. RB4 (+ its "equivalent" STR3) was basically an evolutional design from RB3 (STR2).

And even if STR becomes better by the second half of the season, then they'll be struggling in the beginning again like last year. Due to testing ban I don't expect development race to be so rapid now and hence we won't see so significant rises by struggling teams during a season (like Renault and STR in '08).

This is true but, STR only really have to work on making sure everything works together since they dont do any development themselves. We know the Ferrari parts are going to be very reliable, and the parts that brake down most on the RBR are gearbox related, and I dont think STR have the same box.

They have tough work ahead, there's no denying that, but they also have less to do than RBR or Williams.

truefan72
9th February 2009, 23:08
This is true but, STR only really have to work on making sure everything works together since they dont do any development themselves. We know the Ferrari parts are going to be very reliable, and the parts that brake down most on the RBR are gearbox related, and I dont think STR have the same box.

They have tough work ahead, there's no denying that, but they also have less to do than RBR or Williams.

for sure