PDA

View Full Version : I.O.U.S.A. the film

steve_spackman
5th February 2009, 01:04
http://www.iousathemovie.com/

Tazio
5th February 2009, 02:35
I was at the grocery store last week. A woman paid for her things with a foodstamp card thing.
As I was getting on my bike I saw her drive away in a 2008 Escalade!
'nough said!

steve_spackman
5th February 2009, 03:28
I was at the grocery store last week. A woman paid for her things with a foodstamp card thing.
As I was getting on my bike I saw her drive away in a 2008 Escalade!
'nough said!

yeah ive seen that all too often..would that be a case of fraud?

555-04Q2
5th February 2009, 05:45
We have people over here that drive top of the range 7 Series BMW's and S Class Mercs worth a million bucks and yet that live in dodgy shacks. It just doesnt make sense to a logical person like me. Maybe its a status thing for them ? Get the house and then get the car later dudes.

Tazio
5th February 2009, 06:26
We have people over here that drive top of the range 7 Series BMW's and S Class Mercs worth a million bucks and yet that live in dodgy shacks. It just doesnt make sense to a logical person like me. Maybe its a status thing for them ? Get the house and then get the car later dudes.
What you’re referring to could be construed as eccentricity! What they have is being paid for by them. This woman was spending my tax dollars on a food program that is designed to help people that don't have enough money to use public transportation. In the context of the film clip, this is reprehensible waste of public programs that I believe in. It's a sad state of affairs in the U.S. If you don't have health insurance, and can't prove, or want to go through the red tape of getting public assistance, medical clinics will only see you on a cash basis! And as that film points out, it's only getting worse.

6th February 2009, 08:21
thanks guy,I hope your post can help me,good luck to you!

Mark in Oshawa
7th February 2009, 10:57
yeah ive seen that all too often..would that be a case of fraud?

It is fraud to take public assistance when clearly you don't need it, but that in itself is not unique to any nation. What angers me is the twerps who defend to the death the whole program and not allow any questioning or investigation to make sure the program such as food stamps ( or mother's allowance or educational assistance to college students) in any nation is actually not being taken advantage of.

First rule of life. If something is being given away free, most people either don't appreciate it or find ways to take it even if they can afford to pay for it. It behooves a government giving away free stuff to at least make sure only the worthy get it. Sadly...this isn't so...

Mark in Oshawa
7th February 2009, 11:00
What you’re referring to could be construed as eccentricity! What they have is being paid for by them. This woman was spending my tax dollars on a food program that is designed to help people that don't have enough money to use public transportation. In the context of the film clip, this is reprehensible waste of public programs that I believe in. It's a sad state of affairs in the U.S. If you don't have health insurance, and can't prove, or want to go through the red tape of getting public assistance, medical clinics will only see you on a cash basis! And as that film points out, it's only getting worse.

I agree with you Taz and it isn't unique to the US. As for the health insurance thing....well you guys gotta figure that one out for yourselves. I do know that it aint working to great up here for some procedures so don't look to us for anything but how NOT to do it...