PDA

View Full Version : Force India being sued by MG

Knock-on
30th January 2009, 12:29
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73070

If he had a contract, he has a fair point.

I think most people were impressed with the improvement the team made.

ioan
30th January 2009, 15:37
It was about time to know more about what happened at the end of last season within the FI F1 team.

trumperZ06
30th January 2009, 17:44
:dozey: Let's wait to see what else happens with this issue.

Poor Mike's had a rough couple of years, first Toyota and now Force India.

Either he's been badly misused... or possibly he's been over-rated.

Powered by Cosworth
31st January 2009, 16:59
He recently lost something like £500,000 on a deposit for a boat, he couldn't pay the rest after FI sacked him.

Poor bloke :(

Valve Bounce
31st January 2009, 23:54
Had me worried - I thought MG reneged on an engine supply to Force India.

jens
1st February 2009, 15:35
Getting sacked from two teams in a row obviously hasn't done any good to Mike's reputation in any case. Wonder if any F1 team trusts to hire him again?

Valve Bounce
1st February 2009, 22:39
Getting sacked from two teams in a row obviously hasn't done any good to Mike's reputation in any case. Wonder if any F1 team trusts to hire him again?

You never know - Honda might give Fry the boot and give Mike a go.

leopard
2nd February 2009, 09:26
I think to tell team about anything related to his job is something he is supposed to do. As for the hierarchy isn't quite up with the loyalties shouldn't refrain him from being honest. So Mike is now without job in hand? I feel sorry for him...

harsha
2nd February 2009, 09:50
def not a good time to be MG...

callum122
2nd February 2009, 12:23
For anyone that follows the engineers of the sport, seeing as they do make those fantastic machines it is coming up to Adrian Newey's 4th season with RBR. As history would suggest, Newey usually delivers a race winning car within 2-3 years of being at a team. Newey is an innovative man and I am looking forward to seeing the RB5 debut (1week away). Gonna be a good season.

Tazio
2nd February 2009, 12:50
You never know - Honda might give Fry the boot and give Mike a go.Perhaps he could be "The Ants" agent
I understand their looking to ditch Butt-ton.
Of course that is if their is a Honda F1 :laugh:
He coud pitch Tony like "The name is Gas-Coin! This here is the ant" :dozey:
The greatest racer that never was! :p :

2nd February 2009, 14:50
I think the problem with Mike is, he is too honest. He tells team owners exactly what is going on in the team and what needs to be done, which is not always what they want to hear.

He was at his best with Jordan and then set Renault on the right track in the early noughties, but he is getting a reputation as a bit of a troublemaker which is harsh. He is a nice bloke but his honesty just doesn't bear well with the hierachy...

I second that.

leopard
4th February 2009, 06:37
I hope Mike is getting better now ...