PDA

View Full Version : WRC/IRC alternation

Sulland
30th January 2009, 08:13
Thinking on the proposed WRC method of making up the calendar, that every venue will be used only every second year, it would be an idea that some of the rallies would make a deal with IRC as well to alternate between the two series, to keep sponsors and the staff current and up to date.

This could be a good system for everyone. Has any organisor looked into the possibility ?

cosmicpanda
30th January 2009, 09:06
I don't think it's a good idea. For me, the IRC has a character of its own, from San Remo etc. It wouldn't have this if IRC only had the rallies that the WRC didn't.

wotaguy
30th January 2009, 09:44
but they are great rallies, san remo,safari etc, i can see events wanting to join irc, after the fantastic coverage the monte had, each event has to think of its own longevity

Sulland
30th January 2009, 11:26
Take a practical example. Sweden and Norway are doing WRC rounds every other year. The sponsors, the staff, and the volunteers that have to be in to make this pretty big organisation into a well oiled machine.

Here IRC or maybe ERC could fill the empty years, to have money to keep a core staff hired, and give the audience a show every year !

Tomi
30th January 2009, 11:34
Take a practical example. Sweden and Norway are doing WRC rounds every other year. The sponsors, the staff, and the volunteers that have to be in to make this pretty big organisation into a well oiled machine.

Here IRC could fill the empty years, to have money to keep a core staff hired, and give the audience a show every year !

You dont seem to understand why Sweden gave up the rally to Norway, according to their clerk of course it was because of lack of volunteers, even that irc arrangements are on different level from WRC, it still need volunteer people to help with the event.

Ghostwalker
30th January 2009, 11:46

Here IRC or maybe ERC could fill the empty years, to have money to keep a core staff hired, and give the audience a show every year !

Well if i'm not totally wrong the Rally Norway and the Swedish Rally Organisations merged last year to take advantage of each others staff to prevent both rallies having big unused staffs (incl. volunteers).?

Brother John
30th January 2009, 11:47
You dont seem to understand why Sweden gave up the rally to Norway, according to their clerk of course it was because of lack of volunteers, even that irc arrangements are on different level from WRC, it still need volunteer people to help with the event.

Correct Tomi, lack of volunteer people is the big problem here in Sweden.
Even on festivals we have the same problem, they only want to have a free party! :(

alleskids
30th January 2009, 16:29
IRC gives the rallies the freedom to have their own characters and style and profits from it by including it into their chamionship. WRC forces all rallies to have the same F1 look a like formula.

MJW
30th January 2009, 19:09
From what I hear Monte Carlo organisers will decide in April whether they want to be part of WRC in 2010 or IRC.
IRC at the moment is becoming a threat, IF Marcus and Petter and Duval were to be offered paid drives in IRC 2009 or 2010 then it would really finish wrc's credibility.

Tomi
30th January 2009, 19:19
From what I hear Monte Carlo organisers will decide in April whether they want to be part of WRC in 2010 or IRC.
IRC at the moment is becoming a threat, IF Marcus and Petter and Duval were to be offered paid drives in IRC 2009 or 2010 then it would really finish wrc's credibility.

thats already decided

RS
30th January 2009, 19:34
thats already decided

Is it? Which way?

PLuto
1st February 2009, 22:36

Sulland, your idea is good and Eurosport wanted to do something similar if they will be a promoter for WRC. Now, when ISC is promoter for WRC, we will see...

sollitt
2nd February 2009, 02:13
Correct Tomi, lack of volunteer people is the big problem here in Sweden.
Even on festivals we have the same problem, they only want to have a free party! :(

It's a world wide problem. Everyone wants to party, no one wants to pay!