PDA

View Full Version : Scuderia Inland Revenue F1 (formerly Honda)

Rollo
29th January 2009, 22:35
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jan/28/honda-f1-team-seeks-bail-out
"We have had meetings with BERR over the future of the team on several occasions over the past month," said a statement. Asked whether the team would qualify for the support package, a spokeswoman for BERR said: "There is no reason why Honda Racing couldn't apply.

"We expect any company in the automotive industry or in its supply chain with a turnover of £25m or more to qualify [for the loans] if it has a viable project to deliver the objectives of the support package. All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis."

Does this signal a return to the days of Lord Hesketh but this time instead of one Lord we could have the whole House of them standing around the paddocks?

Perhaps we could have a car sponsored by the NHS, or HMSO or worse the Inland Revenue, so that people know exactly where their tax went.

Isn't it ironic that with the Olympic Team funding being cut in the face of the 2012 games, that even more money could be thrown at an F1 team.

Nikki Katz
29th January 2009, 23:07
Honda have already confirmed that they won't be receiving any government money.

Wasn't the original deadline imposed this Sunday? I'm expecting that date to pass with no announcement, but it's getting very late to even adapt the car to the new engine before the start of the season.

K-Pu
30th January 2009, 06:57
There is no valid deadline if someone is trying to buy your team for a lot of money.

I mean, the deadline is there, but if there is a buyer it will be more flexible, although the big problem will be little time for the engineers to prepara the car for the season. Indeed this is exactly my view about it:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21144.html

SGWilko
30th January 2009, 08:53
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jan/28/honda-f1-team-seeks-bail-out
"We have had meetings with BERR over the future of the team on several occasions over the past month," said a statement. Asked whether the team would qualify for the support package, a spokeswoman for BERR said: "There is no reason why Honda Racing couldn't apply.

"We expect any company in the automotive industry or in its supply chain with a turnover of £25m or more to qualify [for the loans] if it has a viable project to deliver the objectives of the support package. All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis."

Does this signal a return to the days of Lord Hesketh but this time instead of one Lord we could have the whole House of them standing around the paddocks?

Perhaps we could have a car sponsored by the NHS, or HMSO or worse the Inland Revenue, so that people know exactly where their tax went.

Isn't it ironic that with the Olympic Team funding being cut in the face of the 2012 games, that even more money could be thrown at an F1 team.

Strewth, if the NHS run the team, I dread to think how much they will throw away on IT - 12BN and counting for the medical records project thus far.....

CNR
30th January 2009, 10:15
modifying the car to install a different engine requires at least six weeks of work

GridGirl
30th January 2009, 12:58
Hense why Mr Button in his newly named team won't start testing till late February. ;)

Sleeper
30th January 2009, 13:48
Honda have already confirmed that they won't be receiving any government money.

Wasn't the original deadline imposed this Sunday? I'm expecting that date to pass with no announcement, but it's getting very late to even adapt the car to the new engine before the start of the season.
I keep hearing about deadlines for the sale, so which is it, Christmas, end of January, start of March or the first race?

Nikki Katz
30th January 2009, 17:50
I keep hearing about deadlines for the sale, so which is it, Christmas, end of January, start of March or the first race?
I think that the December deadline was just if there was nobody seriously interested at that time. January was just something that was thrown around in the press and will probably come and go without confirmation one way or the other, but as is said above, if it takes 6 weeks to install a new engine then that only buys them an extra fortnight or so.

GridGirl
30th January 2009, 18:20
Your assuming it hasn't actually been sold already just because it hasn't been officially announced and while we're at it your also assuming that the engine deal hasn't taken place either. Talking about deadlines is pretty pointless seeing as they are no longer applicable. :)

Bagwan
30th January 2009, 18:51
Your assuming it hasn't actually been sold already just because it hasn't been officially announced and while we're at it your also assuming that the engine deal hasn't taken place either. Talking about deadlines is pretty pointless seeing as they are no longer applicable. :)

Alright , girl , spill it .

Come on , now .
Let's have a worldwide scoop !
You can't say what you said and leave it at that . It would be far too cruel .