PDA

View Full Version : New WRC promoter announced...

Sardalense
29th January 2009, 11:44
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=3693&desc=New%20WRC%20promoter%20announced

ISC again for more 10 years...

Audimadgeoff
29th January 2009, 11:49
I wonder if the ISC will take a leaf out of Eurosports book and actually give us, the public, the coverage we want... or will they continue to try and think for us?!

Daniel
29th January 2009, 11:57
I wonder if the ISC will take a leaf out of Eurosports book and actually give us, the public, the coverage we want... or will they continue to try and think for us?!

The latter of course!

On another note (not directed at you Geoff)..... quick! Post a link to your blog or website with exactly the same news but an hour or two behind the proper sites and with no new content at all! :D

Simmi
29th January 2009, 12:01
OK ISC continue for another 10 years. Now can someone please tell me why that couldn't have been sorted out 6 months ago?

Daniel
29th January 2009, 12:03
OK ISC continue for another 10 years. Now can someone please tell me why that couldn't have been sorted out 6 months ago?
You seem to forget this is the WRC and we're dealing with the FIA. If there is a problem with F1 it needs to be dealth with ASAP, if it's the WRC it can be dealt with in any time period from 6 months to 5 years :)

Simmi
29th January 2009, 12:09
You seem to forget this is the WRC and we're dealing with the FIA. If there is a problem with F1 it needs to be dealth with ASAP, if it's the WRC it can be dealt with in any time period from 6 months to 5 years :)

Max wants to apparently add a one-make series to the WRC that is similar to the new F2 racing series, and wants to look into running a single set of tyres for a whole rally according to Autosport today.

With s**t like that in the works it is probably a good thing it can take up to five years!!!

AndyRAC
29th January 2009, 12:13
Max wants to apparently add a one-make series to the WRC that is similar to the new F2 racing series, and wants to look into running a single set of tyres for a whole rally according to Autosport today.

With s**t like that in the works it is probably a good thing it can take up to five years!!!

Lunatics in charge of the asylum.....

They intend to keep rotation and the proposed Winter calendar,......

Utter madness....and don't start me on tyres.......

The IRC must be rubbing their hands with delight....

Viking
29th January 2009, 12:13
Wilson welcomes new ISC deal

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73046

Daniel
29th January 2009, 12:15

:D

The thing is there's nothing to stop a manufacturer running a one make championship in the WRC now other than the fact that the WRC is crap and they'd get no coverage of course......

The WRC had it all back in the late 90's and early noughties :mark:

It has a great top level competition and it had F2 which was a great entry level for manufacturers wanting to make the jump into the WRC. Not wtf do we have? :mark:

AndyRAC
29th January 2009, 12:15

What a surprise...... :s mokin:

Daniel
29th January 2009, 12:19
What a surprise...... :s mokin:
I hear Malcolm is going to be starring in a new series which will be exclusive to Dave. It will be in a similar vein to the Osbournes and Hogan knows best.

This week on "Malcolm knows best" Malcolm leans against the side of a truck with his hand on his shoulder doing that weird thing he does with his elbow and says how great the WRC is and how great the coverage is because he is finishing 2nd to the almighty Citroen :dozey:

Brother John
29th January 2009, 12:23

I´m so happy and nothing will change there: :rotflmao: Is that what they mean?

Simmi
29th January 2009, 12:37
All we can say is it's lucky someone wants to promote it at all. The ISC could easily have jumped ship after 2008 with the withdrawals. I dont think anyone would have blamed them.

The WRC doesn't even have the four manufacturers needed to be granted World Championship status without a waiver.

J4MIE
29th January 2009, 13:07
So, IRC it is then.

Look at what has happened to the WRC since 1997, and they want to use ISC's "experience of rallying"? :confused:

Utter madness, I can't believe it. Things will go along as they are, now ISC have no incentive to do much at all for the next 9.5 years, that is if the WRC still exists by then.

:(

Simmi
29th January 2009, 13:16
Who else was actually in the running for this? Eurosport were weren't they but realised they were already backing a better series.

In F1 circles they have always talked about a manufacturer breakaway series. If Citroen take their C3 (which has apparently been given a budget and green-lit for development) to the IRC then we may have exactly that.

Simmi
29th January 2009, 13:24
To be fair the FIA has addressed the concerns we all had and have jazzed up the numbers on the doors for the start of the new season.

http://67.15.62.73/preview.asp?filename=dcd0929ja11.jpg

Daniel
29th January 2009, 13:34
To be fair the FIA has addressed the concerns we all had and have jazzed up the numbers on the doors for the start of the new season.

If they put the co-drivers names back on the side windows the WRC would be back to it's best straight away :)

Rally Power
29th January 2009, 13:35
I imagine that many of the new rally fans get by the IRC transmissions will wonder why IRC it’s so much enjoyable to follow than WRC… :rolleyes:

Simmi
29th January 2009, 13:38
If they put the co-drivers names back on the side windows the WRC would be back to it's best straight away :)

They did put those slidey things on the co-driver window though in an effort to take the WRC back to its Group B glory days.

BDunnell
29th January 2009, 13:39
So, IRC it is then.

Look at what has happened to the WRC since 1997, and they want to use ISC's "experience of rallying"? :confused:

This sort of bland corporate statement is one reason I dislike the private sector so much. (Of course, we all know it has infected the public sector as well...)

AndyRAC
29th January 2009, 13:47

The number on the door is almost illegible,.....

Simmi
29th January 2009, 13:52
The number on the door is almost illegible,.....

It might be a cunning ploy to disguise the fact there are only like 40 cars in this rally.

J4MIE
29th January 2009, 13:53
New stickers, yeah that'll sort it out :up:

JAM
29th January 2009, 14:10
Since 2006 i had big discussions on this forum about the future of WRC, and always said that WRC is dead month by month. Now is not only an opinion, now this start to be very obvious....

This is really dead, and FIA still can give another shoot to the dead body... :D

Viking
29th January 2009, 14:17

I think most of the cred for the jazzed up numbers here should go to the Suttun watermark :D

RS
29th January 2009, 15:11
Shouldn't this news have gone in the "final nail in the coffin" thread?

Daniel
29th January 2009, 15:11
Shouldn't this news have gone in the "final nail in the coffin" thread?
Low blow! :p

HaCo
29th January 2009, 15:29
Anyone noticed IRC has it's own 'slot' now on autosport.com? It's even higher in the table than WRC... :)

RS
29th January 2009, 15:43
Anyone noticed IRC has it's own 'slot' now on autosport.com? It's even higher in the table than WRC... :)

Yes, the media coverage of IRC is improving. Today's printed Autosport magazine had a five page report from Monte, as much as they would give WRC Monte.

Nenukknak
29th January 2009, 16:42
According to Malcolm Wilson: "I'm very happy that ISC has been awarded this contract," he said. "I feel they are in the right position at this moment to take the championship forward."

Take the championship forward! The championship can only be taken forward, anymore backwards and it would be dead, ISC have taken care of that already.

What Eurosport has done with IRC, just goes to show how pathetic and utterly useless ISC is. A shame that they get to continue like this.

The WRC is dead, long live the IRC!