PDA

View Full Version : IRC & S2000 Sub Forum

M5
6th December 2006, 20:05
It has been proposed before, but I would like to repeat it:

I think it is about time to make a Sub Forum under rallying called InterContinental Rally Challenge (IRC).
The reason being that this new Championchip and S2000 cars are coming, and it would be much more clean to collect this under an own subforum for a stand alone championchip.

I think number of posts here will be much higher here than for a couple of the existing sub forums.
I also see a need for Sub Forums for P-WRC and J-WRC as well. Much easier and to the point.

Please vote and make your comments !

kabouter
6th December 2006, 20:37
It has been proposed before, but I would like to repeat it:

I think it is about time to make a Sub Forum under rallying called InterContinental Rally Challenge (IRC).

Anyone that agrees, pls make your comments ?

And people that disagree, can they make comments too? ;)

I still think there isn't any need for another subforum. It remains still to be seen how big the IRC really is going to be next year. I think it will appeal largely to the same group of people that have been following the ERC in recent years. In the discusscions of the IRC calendar en who's going to participate I see a lot of familiar names.

However it would be a good idea to establish clearly in which forum discussions about the IRC should take place as now the same threads are popping up on the WRC and the European forum.

ZequeArgentina
6th December 2006, 20:43
IRC sub forum may be, not S2000 as these cars acan take part of PWRC.
Anyway, I d rather maintain them in the World rallying forum, as it is an intercontinental championship, and interested peopole should be quite the same.

StevoEvo
7th December 2006, 10:26
I agree, keep it all in WRC, less complicated

Brother John
7th December 2006, 20:36
I say no for a sub forum, this new forum is after 3 days already a mess!
There are now already several threads concerning the same subject!
Some forum members starts a thread befor that they have read the other!

M5
7th December 2006, 21:11
Yes it is a mess after 3 days, and that is why i see a big need to separate more at the top level.

If we are to have WRC, PWRC, JWRC, IRC, and all on S2000 inside the WRC sub forum it will be a giant mess.

Better to separate now, and to delete/transfer to other sub forums if there is no traffic.

Mark my words, This requirement will come up again when people see how unpractical and unmanageable this WRC sub forum will be i a years time !!
Now is the time to change the structure !

J4MIE
7th December 2006, 23:32
Tell me M5, exactly which threads are so similar they should be merged?

M5
8th December 2006, 19:16
Not nessecary simular, so they need to be merged.

By Mess I mean in the sense of that WRC, PWRC, JWRC, IRC and S2000 topics are mostly under the WRC sub forum, but something is in the EU sub forum, with more or less simular content.

This is the background for why I would like to split it up. I really do not see a problem with a "living" forum structure. If some sub forums are almost dead - kill them !

In my opnion that is a better strategy than have everything in one big "mess"

I do not expect everyone to aggree with me, but that's why I put up the poll, to see what the users want !

So far we are in a tie J4mie !! :D

M5
11th December 2006, 21:44
No more votes ?

Come on, lets get a clear verdict !!

PMM
12th December 2006, 07:52
How about a sub forum for photos in rallying section?

Photo links / photos usually drown in official WRC round topics.

animrallye
12th December 2006, 10:32
IMHO M5 is right.
Theres already a topic in European Championship : http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112501
where members spreak about national events but IRC too...
and one in WRC about S2000: http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112634

Tom206wrc
12th December 2006, 12:17
I wouldn't be against an S2000 section on this forum ;)

N.O.T
12th December 2006, 21:23
Whats so special about S2000 ? why not have a forum for N4 cars or S1600 and have one for s2000 ?

All the IRC rounds are part of the ERC or National rounds of their respective countries.....we already have a section for them.

PLuto
12th December 2006, 22:55
Whats so special about S2000 ? why not have a forum for N4 cars or S1600 and have one for s2000 ?

All the IRC rounds are part of the ERC or National rounds of their respective countries.....we already have a section for them.

Think about future. Believe me, in WRC it is better than in ERC...

DonJippo
12th December 2006, 23:48

I agree and in preparation for the future let's establish forums also for R1, R2, R3 & R4 ...

PLuto
13th December 2006, 02:26
But dont remember, that IRC isnt only S2000. In IRC you can count with S2000, S1600, N4, N3, A7 cars... And you will see next years, that not only S2000 manufacturers will start in IRC...

HaCo
13th December 2006, 10:57
I think S2000 should have a different forum topic like ERC and WRC.

Why? Well, it's very simple: it's got nothing to do with the 2 others!

1LM1
13th December 2006, 11:26
I would not say nothing to do!
S2000 cars are allowed in the world rally championship.

I would keep the current presentation of the forum.

Tomski
13th December 2006, 11:33
We need to decide are we basing the forum sections on championships or car classes?

For what its worth I think we should stick to chamionships.

1LM1
13th December 2006, 11:40
We need to decide are we basing the forum sections on championships or car classes?

For what its worth I think we should stick to chamionships.

I agree.
So the debate should be IRC forum or not IRC forum?
Personally, I think a separate IRC forum would be a bad idea.
IRC has to stay less important than WRC and as N.O.T said, all IRC round are also ERC rounds or National Championships rounds and we do have sections for them.

animrallye
13th December 2006, 12:07
IRC and S2000 are two different things.
IRC is a new intercontinental championship, challenge sorry, for S2000 and other cars.
S2000 are news cars which can compete in WRC, IRC and national championships.
So I don't understand what is the problem to create a Sub-Forum about IRC and speak about other S2000 participations in others Topics ?

Barreis
13th December 2006, 12:28
Animrallye, how many entries are for MC rally?

animrallye
13th December 2006, 12:50
Registrations will close tonight at 0h00.
Official list wil be published on Wenesday 4th of January.
So... Waiting :rolleyes:

M5
17th December 2006, 17:38
As of now it aprox 60% for and 40% against a new IRC sub forum.

Have your say, and vote !

animrallye
17th December 2006, 18:05
Registrations will close tonight at 0h00.
Official list wil be published on Wenesday 4th of January.
So... Waiting :rolleyes:
New date for Entry list : 18 december 2006 !

harriswrc
17th December 2006, 18:08
New date for Entry list : 18 december 2006 !So, tomorrow entry list will be published, or tomorrow entrylist will be closed ?

animrallye
17th December 2006, 18:17
So, tomorrow entry list will be published, or tomorrow entrylist will be closed ?
Look at the date of the posts !
They recently changed the date.
Sorry for the OT.

Tomi
17th December 2006, 20:03
Agree with Tjeerd, I think the splitting was tried once already, after awhile they was put together because of too little posting.
1LM1, and N.O.T. too i think has right.

cosmicpanda
18th December 2006, 08:26
I have yet to see so much discussion on the IRC that a new forum is needed for it, so I voted no.

giangino
18th December 2006, 09:10
Online video test Punto S2000 - Team Grifone - Fontana / Casazza
http://www.avetowrc.com/Index/index2.htm - Next year - European Rally Championship.

Daniel
18th December 2006, 09:31
I voted for no a while ago but all these people going on about the IRC and S2000 like it's the best thing in the world are getting on my nerves with how great S2000 and IRC are so lets give them their own place to talk about how great they both are and how great it is and how the WRC is crap ..... blah blah blah.

Tomi
18th December 2006, 11:47
A little off topic but not much, guy's why not also open a separate forum where everyone can post about drivers who dont get signed, somekind of "cry" forum, is it a good or bad idea?

Daniel
18th December 2006, 11:51
Extremely good idea :up:

First topic will be whinging about track drivers winning "our" 100% serious event (RoC).

M5
23rd August 2007, 20:32
I am picking this one up again. The IRC is now well established, and soon to be finished with its first year.

To be a fresh series it has been a success, with many types of cars produced, and more are coming in in 08.

I now mean the time is right for this forum to make an own subforum for the new fast growing series !

Do we agree this time around ?

Wim_Impreza
23rd August 2007, 21:09
I disagree, we have topics for the National Championships, the IRC and ERC already in the European Rally section. S2000's are for me so boring to watch and to follow.

jparker
23rd August 2007, 22:06
I disagree, we have topics for the National Championships, the IRC and ERC already in the European Rally section. S2000's are for me so boring to watch and to follow.

Boring or not, IRC is separate championship, therefore it must be under separate sub forum. Otherwise this forum will become example for double standards.

DonJippo
23rd August 2007, 22:36
Boring or not, IRC is separate championship, therefore it must be under separate sub forum. Otherwise this forum will become example for double standards.

It's not a championship, it is a promoter series driven among regional championship events with few exceptions.

jparker
24th August 2007, 01:45
It's not a championship, it is a promoter series driven among regional championship events with few exceptions.

OK fine, if you want to call it this way, but it has most of the championship characteristics. It's international, it has drivers and manufacture standings, it has points system. As far as its existence, I don't see any problems. Creating sub forum will take 5 min, and if IRC disappears it will take click of a mouse to get rid of it.

pino
24th August 2007, 07:39
OK fine, if you want to call it this way, but it has most of the championship characteristics. It's international, it has drivers and manufacture standings, it has points system. As far as its existence, I don't see any problems. Creating sub forum will take 5 min, and if IRC disappears it will take click of a mouse to get rid of it.

I totally agree with you about the quality of the IRC, however I am not sure we do need a new forum for that. Maybe in the near future...

;)

Donney
24th August 2007, 10:02
I like the IRC but maybe we should wait till next season and see how much it grows in relevance.

kabouter
24th August 2007, 15:13
My point of view hasn't changed. Most rounds of the IRC fall already into the European forum, and the one thread that's really alive about S2000 cars in the world rally forum doesn't warrant a whole forum section of its own.

Josti
24th August 2007, 19:40
We already have an OFFICIAL IRC thread, isn't that enough? Besides, I think it will get more attention on the WRC section, then it would do on a seperate one.

J4MIE
24th August 2007, 23:54
Still no need for it :up:

jparker
25th August 2007, 02:00
What's the f****n big deal to create the damn sub forum, I don't understand. More then 50% of the votes want it, so just do it. Whoever doesn't need it, will not read it. I don't need British Rallying forum, but I'm not asking to be removed. Most members don't even know IRC thread exist, it will be a lot easier for them if they can see separate forum.
Bottom line is IRC does exist, and it's getting better day by day, despite the fact that some people are trying to downplay its success. It's currently the second strongest in the world and as such it does deserve recognition.
At lease ERC forum could be renamed to ERC/IRC or something like that.

pino
25th August 2007, 06:26
What's the f****n big deal to create the damn sub forum, I don't understand. More then 50% of the votes want it, so just do it. Whoever doesn't need it, will not read it. I don't need British Rallying forum, but I'm not asking to be removed. Most members don't even know IRC thread exist, it will be a lot easier for them if they can see separate forum.
Bottom line is IRC does exist, and it's getting better day by day, despite the fact that some people are trying to downplay its success. It's currently the second strongest in the world and as such it does deserve recognition.

First of all, calm down. Then I let you know that we don't take decisions by looking at poll-results. And finally, at the moment the IRC don't have enough threads/posts to justify a new sub-forum. From today we will use this forum to talk about the IRC, hopefully that will give the serie more popolarity and more attention by everyone.

HaCo
25th August 2007, 06:46

That, I think, is a good idea. In the WRC thread there is way to much gossip, so the IRC thread is just a litle line between the "What toilet paper does gronholm use..." and "Will Loeb fall of his bike again this year..." threads (ok, there are also a lot of serious threads, but WRC related).

As some ERC rounds are as well IRC rounds it's IMO best to put those togheter and it would be enough to rename that subforum.

IRC has got nothing to do with WRC, so it does bellong as much here as it does in the North & South America thread, if you rename the ERC forum at least ppl will know where to post stuff. In the official IRC thread here in the WRC subforum ppl are talking about an IRC rally while there are special threads for it in the ERC subforum.

Not that it is THAT important, but it would be nicer.

GigiGalliNo1
25th August 2007, 08:28
just get rid of this thread or move itttt!! argggg

jparker
25th August 2007, 14:35
First of all, calm down. Then I let you know that we don't take decisions by looking at poll-results. And finally, at the moment the IRC don't have enough threads/posts to justify a new sub-forum. From today we will use this forum to talk about the IRC, hopefully that will give the serie more popolarity and more attention by everyone.

:) Yeah right. Look at the British, Asian, and American forums. Are the number of threads justifing their existance? The IRC threas itself has more posts then these forums. Get real man. When you don't want to do something, at lease try to be reasnoble, or just shut up.
And what's the British Championship doing there anyways?

pino
25th August 2007, 19:16
:) Yeah right. Look at the British, Asian, and American forums. Are the number of threads justifing their existance? The IRC threas itself has more posts then these forums. Get real man. When you don't want to do something, at lease try to be reasnoble, or just shut up.
And what's the British Championship doing there anyways?

I am reasonable, I am not going to punish your arrogance...this time !

Thread closed !