PDA

View Full Version : Testing

100%hondafan
8th February 2007, 12:17
any one else been out testing ???

john george in his integra at brands

tom onslow cole had been testing a bmw e36 to adapt to rwd!

stories on http://www.crash.net/home~cid~10.htm

Alfa Fan
8th February 2007, 12:17
Vauxhall have been testing thier Vectra at Albacete.

cos
8th February 2007, 12:19
VXR have been testing the new Vectra in Spain I believe.

100%hondafan
8th February 2007, 12:21
any pictures from them testing aswell?

captin 1 VXR
8th February 2007, 13:29
no pics as it was behind doors test for vxr

chrislambYEP/YS
13th February 2007, 19:36
Matt Jackson is to test tomorrow at Oulton Park (Feb 14th)

Iain
14th February 2007, 08:09
WSR are out testing this week I'm told.

Robinho
14th February 2007, 13:37
anyone know when Dynamics are due out, they will be leaving it very late for a completley new car built to new regs, i hope they don't find themselves with a lemon with no time to improve it.

i know the Integra turned up at the first race with next to no testing, but at least that was the same Civic running gear underneath and built to the BTC regs they had been working with before, i fear the new Civic venture could turn into a nightmare for them, i hope they have managed to come up with a competitive package though

Alfa Fan
14th February 2007, 16:35
The Integra had tested before the first race. At least twice, Silverstone and the media day at Donington.

cpearson
14th February 2007, 21:48
mat jackson testing pics posted on another thread

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86402&page=30

captin 1 VXR
14th February 2007, 21:52
t d not test as thay may not even have cars running for media day .. but if thay do it is more than likly tested then

The mad monk
14th February 2007, 22:17
For info ref Matt Jackson:
a good day at oulton today,just getting mileage and used to the car.
Reference comments on another forum regarding my conversations with Matt:basically,his opinion(and he knows)is that a FWD car is a doddle to drive compared to the RWD BMW,and will require a delicate touch to obtain the best results(set-up and driving).
Would have been an easier route to buy a proven TD Integra,but then not eligible to win the Championship.....we know its a long shot,but if you haven't got the correct spec car to do so,that is the first admission of defeat.
David and Goliath,but THATS the challenge!as an underdog,any achievements over and above other well funded teams and drivers will be a bonus and satisfying,we will just do the best we can.
Yes,its an expensive route to take,and I seriously questioned Tony's sanity when queried on a car decision,but I can see his rationale and admire the whole family for having the balls to do it.
Reidy-fan:thanks for the mention on other forum(and the band!),I am going to be pretty busy this year with Matt,Andy,Mel,Tim and 2 x others in clios(tba),its going to be one hell of a great year for the BTCC package.ace.

PDS
14th February 2007, 22:29
Mad Monk. Thanks for the info and good luck to you, Matt and the team!

Are you running the team off your own backs or are you getting any sort of help from any of the WTCC teams?
Spotted on the pictures posted on another site, Matt was running #29. Is that his race number for this year?

tdb
15th February 2007, 00:15
I thought the car looked really good today!
one of the most stable cars through old hall i've seen.

times weren't the best, but as mad monk says, just getting used to the car.

PDS, everybody was issued a number at sign on today Matt obviously got 29.

PDS
15th February 2007, 00:35
PDS, everybody was issued a number at sign on today Matt obviously got 29.

Thanks tdb. I didn't realise that! It's unusual to give cars numbers on a general test day?

Robinho
15th February 2007, 12:59
The Integra had tested before the first race. At least twice, Silverstone and the media day at Donington.

hence why i said next to no testing ;) , 2 outings is a very small amount of testing for a new car from a top team, however they were in the position that most of the workings of the car were carried over form the Civic.

why try to correct something that i didn't even say?

chrislambYEP/YS
15th February 2007, 14:26
Well done CPearson...Nice shots of Matt Jackson at Oulton yesterday, as it is only 14miles away I did apply to get over, but sad to say my Public Liability Insurance cover was for only 1 million pounds and not the required 5million, and it was too late to up grade it by the time I found out, but its sorted out now. bye for now, regards

Iain
15th February 2007, 17:47
Gareth Howell's been doing his shakedown with Motorbase at Brands.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/news/article.asp?NewsID=2503

VkmSpouge
15th February 2007, 17:50
I think that SEAT looks good in those colours. It will certainly stand out.

PDS
15th February 2007, 23:47
Better pictures (mine of course) can be found here!

http://www.btccpages.com/news/NewsStory.php?SeriesID=1&ArticleID=783

Question.. Gold wheels or Anthracite wheels?

Alfa Fan
15th February 2007, 23:54
Gold.

cpearson
15th February 2007, 23:59
anthracite all day long....

not keen on that livery, doesn't seem to flow. the orange on the bonnet would look better if it extended over tops of the wings to the A pillar.

anyway who cares, it's another car with a good driver.....can't wait till 31st march!

ps, great pics by the way!!

PDS
16th February 2007, 00:09
The colours are there for a reason (sponsors). All will become clear on the media day!

The orange is only there to tell the two cars apart while on track!

cpearson
16th February 2007, 10:36
PDS - yeah I am aware of why the colours are there but I suppose I should reserve judgement until complete.

be interesting to find out the 2nd driver.

Marc W
16th February 2007, 11:13
Antracite looks better to me too. The Gold looks a bit "Max Power"

cos
16th February 2007, 12:23
Better pictures (mine of course) can be found here!

http://www.btccpages.com/news/NewsStory.php?SeriesID=1&ArticleID=783

Thanks for the great photos as always! However, I have to ask were Motorbase saving money and only sprucing up the left hand side of the car??

Robinho
16th February 2007, 13:03
i'd say anthracite wheels, the only cars i've seen make gold wheels really work were the old BTCC Astras Cleland drove and WRC Subarus IMO

100%hondafan
16th February 2007, 14:06
anthracite wheels deffinatly

btracer
17th February 2007, 14:27
That looks so nice. I would definatly go for the darker wheels though.

Infact that is the nicest livery I have ever seen a Toledo in!

Debs
19th February 2007, 13:36
No pictures as yet but Mike Jordan went to Snetterton to give his car a shakedown test this Saturday, 17th Feb, following the Integra's total rebuild.

Iain
19th February 2007, 14:37
WSR are out testing this week I'm told.

Tested the Swedish loan car at Pembrey at the beginning of last week. To quote CT "is a nice piece of kit!".

Andy Richards11
23rd February 2007, 21:43
Saw both the Xero Competition Lexus (Mark Jones car No 79) and the Team Farecla Peugeot 307 testing on the Silverstone national circuit today. Neither seemed that quick so dont know if Mark Jones was driving the Lexus or not and hasnt Richard Marsh sold the Pug on?

Iain
23rd February 2007, 22:01
I remember Richard Marsh said they'd be willing to run the 307 for another driver trying to get their first steps in the BTCC if they came up with the money.

The mad monk
23rd February 2007, 22:42
My mate Tommy Erdos in the Lexus,and a 3cylinder Pug embarassing itself by continuing to run whilst very poorly.

Robinho
23rd February 2007, 22:51
was Tommy Erdos just testing the car or is he in line for a drive? would be great to see him on the grid at Brands

VkmSpouge
23rd February 2007, 23:09
Erdos is a very good driver, he would be nice to have back in the series.

Captain VXR
24th February 2007, 10:08
Would be good to see

PDS
24th February 2007, 17:40
My mate Tommy Erdos in the Lexus,and a 3cylinder Pug embarassing itself by continuing to run whilst very poorly.

Tommy Erdos did a lot of testing in the LEXUS.
Whilst three drivers had a go in the PUG 307!
Marsh took it out to start with.

rdjones
24th February 2007, 17:58
From what I understand, Xero just used Tommy to shakedown the car. There is a link between Xero and Tommy, he drove Mike Newton's Ford Falcon at the Britcar 24 Hours last year and the car was run by Xero.

Funks
28th February 2007, 15:24
Sibsport were running their Integra at Brands today when I popped in. Things seemed to be going ok from what I saw. I think the team were slightly worried though when it absolutely threw it down and Simon decided to stay out for a few laps on slicks. Must be very confident with the car already!

Iain
28th February 2007, 19:01
Found some photos from today. It does look a tad damp alright.

http://rsmp.zenfolio.com/p898102533

BTCC2
1st March 2007, 17:17
Encke are to start testing soon. Story on btcc.net

100%hondafan
1st March 2007, 17:24
still looking for drivers :S and should be testing as soon as plans are finalisied

BTCC2
5th March 2007, 19:40
Photo of Matt Allison shaking down the Toledo at Brands today

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=418

Funks
5th March 2007, 20:09
Just to put that factually right - the test was on Friday.

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 20:15
Team principal David Bartrum said he was delighted with his squad’s progress following the latest test, at Brands Hatch last Friday.

Ed
5th March 2007, 22:11
has anyone got pics or seen Vauxhall testing?? didnt chilton say they went testing with the WTCC cars at velanica? I cant wait to see the vectra in full S2000 spec

Iain
5th March 2007, 22:30
The Vauxhall tests never usually produce any photos.

VkmSpouge
5th March 2007, 22:30
Photo of Matt Allison shaking down the Toledo at Brands today

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=418

Pity they changed from the blue to white with Allison's car, hopefully its not the same with Howell's.

Griffin
5th March 2007, 22:32
has anyone got pics or seen Vauxhall testing?? didnt chilton say they went testing with the WTCC cars at velanica? I cant wait to see the vectra in full S2000 spec
They have completed a number of test outings so far, and still have a fully booked calender between now and the first race. This was confirmed on a trip to Tripleeight on Friday which I attended. The Vectras were there, although in a million pieces as they strip and rebuild them after every event.

From what I saw briefly, expect a couple aerodynamic changes from the show car at Autosport. ;)

Big Boonster
5th March 2007, 23:02
Autosport car was BTC regs Vectra (tested but not raced) not S2000, big differences all round on body shape and running gear.

Radders
5th March 2007, 23:10
Pity they changed from the blue to white with Allison's car, hopefully its not the same with Howell's.

Looks pukka enough to me!

Radders
5th March 2007, 23:12
And RAC have been out

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=417 (albeit a loan car)

Griffin
6th March 2007, 12:46
Autosport car was BTC regs Vectra (tested but not raced) not S2000, big differences all round on body shape and running gear.
Not entirely. That car was built from scratch, from a hatchback not the saloon that they previewed as a concept a few years ago. It only had the BTCC spec parts as they obviously had them to hand in time for Autosport. It has since been converted to 5 stud wheels as per S2000 regs and I'm sure that the rest will be updated in time for the new season in which it will be their show car. Bodykit wise, at Autosport, it looked to me more S2000 than BTCC (no sideboards etc), but the actual car will differ again when revealed.

Iain
6th March 2007, 13:06
Are you sure? Just wondering because Autosport had a feature in January/February about touring cars that were built but never raced and the Vectra of 2004 was featured. It then went on to say that the car at the Autosport show this year wasn't the S2000 machine, but actually that old car converted into a hatchback and it said Ian Harrison confirmed that was the case when asked.

Griffin
6th March 2007, 15:01
Are you sure? Just wondering because Autosport had a feature in January/February about touring cars that were built but never raced and the Vectra of 2004 was featured. It then went on to say that the car at the Autosport show this year wasn't the S2000 machine, but actually that old car converted into a hatchback and it said Ian Harrison confirmed that was the case when asked.
Well I asked one of the guys that question at Tripleeight and was told it was a new car outright and wasn't a cut and shut. I even sat in it and would have to say it would be a blinding job if it had been, didn't appear to be any obvious signs of a cut and shut.

There were no signs of the 4 door there I have to say, but we didn't get to see everywhere.

Dickie L'Amour
6th March 2007, 15:45
If you bother to read the story, Dave Bartrum says Allison's livery is the one in the pic and the Howell car will be of the same style but a different colour, surely meaning the blue that's already been seen.

100%hondafan
6th March 2007, 17:26
so have any teams been sotted testing i spotted a lexus at oultern last week ;) with a distictive can shoved on the back clearly to reduce noise!