PDA

View Full Version : Watching BTCC in the US

El Libertador
26th January 2009, 21:10
I live in the USA, as you could probably tell, and I have no way of watching the BTCC on TV, which is unfortunate because it could be the best racing I've seen in a few years. If anyone knows of any way I could watch the races (doesn't have to be live, but preferrably farely soon after the race) I would really appreciate it. I'm open to even the sketchiest of options, I'll check anything out at this point, but if you're not sure about it being legal or whatever, you can PM me. Thanks in advance!

BTCC2
26th January 2009, 21:23
Highlights appear on the ITV Sport website afew days after the races.

VkmSpouge
26th January 2009, 21:56
If you're willing to wait until the end of the year then Duke produces the BTCC DVDs in region 0 format meaning they can be played on US DVD players as well as European ones (I believe they started it in region 0 back in 2002 so you can pick up some old seasons and watch them through).
If you can't wait that long (and I wouldn't blame you) then the best bet would be to try the ITV Sport website like BTCC2 suggests.

VX_Rules
27th January 2009, 15:31
Look back here nearer the beginining of the season and I may be able to link you to a live stream fingers crossed.

El Libertador
27th January 2009, 22:33
Thanks to all who replied, looks like I have a few options, so that's good.

DazzlaF1
27th January 2009, 23:35
I thought they used to show delayed coverage on the SPEED channel over there, do they still do that?

El Libertador
28th January 2009, 03:33
Nope. That ended a few years ago, sadly. They decided that the general public would rather watch some tramp with no broadcasting training what-so-ever interview gangsters who drive low riders, as well as watching NASCAR drivers play golf. Because why would a racing channel ever show actual racing?

ChrisS
28th January 2009, 10:40
if you can find a UK proxy server you can watch the races from the ITV website

Bruce D
29th January 2009, 09:01
I have the same problem here in South Africa, El. They stopped showing the races in 2001 and only show limited highlights months after the races in 2007. I gave up trying to follow them live except for news reports on the web, but I make a thing of buying the review DVD at the end of each year - its really worth it now that its 7 hours long! All the races are almost in full.

BTW my BTCC review collection goes straight from 1999... =D Still the best racing ever!

thompp
29th January 2009, 10:31
If all the remaining UK circuits go the same way as croft, it won't be long before they're running the BTCC in the good ol' US of A

jon2211
1st February 2009, 07:29
If you can get a membership to UKnova http://www.uknova.com/ (not sure if they have any spaces at the moment) you can usually download the full ITV broadcast about 2 hours after transmission has finished.

dj4monie
4th March 2009, 08:55
Ummm I have all of last year's BTCC and WTCC for that matter (and 2007 too) and ummm you can find them online and consider it "Same Day Coverage" actually especially with the 9 hour time difference between the Western US and most of Europe.

You can proxy ITV's web site but why???

PM me and I'll tell you how you can get BTCC, WTCC, FIA GT and even Top Gear Series 13 when they start showing it...