PDA

View Full Version : IRC live coverage from Eurosport

PLuto
26th January 2009, 17:04
Hi to everyone,

if you have any suggestions how to improve or change things during live coverage of stages on Eurosport, please, write it to my email [email:1d03c119]pluto@rallysport.cz[/email:1d03c119] ;)

TheFlyingTuga
26th January 2009, 17:46
Hi Pluto!
The coverage was great, really! Seeing the Turini in Ogier's front bumper... it was magical! It feels like I was there too (that my camera in RBR Game :P)!
Just one sugestion! Please make two or three in stages fix cameras, not just in the end!
Cheers mate!

PLuto
26th January 2009, 18:01
With fix cameras in the middle of the stage, it is about technical limitations with transfering datas from the stage (and about money).

Sulland
26th January 2009, 18:05
Covered here as well: http://www.rallye-info.com/forum.asp?sid=11&boardid=13&action=thread&threadid=6970&new=15&page=1

Keep the good ideas coming !

TheFlyingTuga
26th January 2009, 18:44
Oh well... the Heli footage it's really cool anyway!

Keep up the good work guys!

I will hope that I can meet you in Madeira!

Cheers

urabus-denoS2000
26th January 2009, 18:45
It is great,nothing to add (except to fix those "freezings" at the in-car cameras,if you know what I mean eg.Vouilloz as far as I remember had a clear camera while Ogiers would freeze a lot)

sasamsa
26th January 2009, 18:49
With fix cameras in the middle of the stage, it is about technical limitations with transfering datas from the stage (and about money).

Are you from Eurosport?
How did you get live onboard cameras to work flawlessly on the third day when they had some problems earlier?

When interviewing drivers put them in a smaller split screen.
And also showing split times during the stage - open a small table showing where the driver stands compared to others for a few seconds..
And also some indication which split is it first/second/finish cause there was some confusion about that

PLuto
26th January 2009, 19:03
No, I am not from Eurosport. But I am in close contact, maybe :) Signal from onboard cameras was going still the same way, everything is about weather conditions, trees on the stage etc...

Yes, split times is the way how to improve and we are working on it...

AndyRAC
26th January 2009, 19:15
Can't think of too many negatives - most of the improvements will cost money - and at the moment it's perfectly fine,
I suppose in the future - improve the website to provide Live splits, maybe a Rally radio, etc Like WRC.com, but better.

Keep up the good work - it's very much appreciated!!

PLuto
26th January 2009, 19:26
New web site for IRC will be very soon :)

About split times, it isnt so easy, because IRC isnt using hyper-mega-expensive Inmarsat technology...

sasamsa
26th January 2009, 19:34
New web site for IRC will be very soon :)

About split times, it isnt so easy, because IRC isnt using hyper-mega-expensive Inmarsat technology...

I always thought it was some guy with mobile phone and a stopwatch :D

kubiczech
26th January 2009, 20:23
I am sorry, but i dont have any complains or suggestions at the moment. I was sitting in front of TV whole friday night literaly breathless. I am very experienced TV/internet spectator of any kind of motorsport, but i have to say THIS was EPIC. Keep it at least as good as RMC and i promise i will watch even the comercial breaks.

Simmi
26th January 2009, 20:30
Its nitpicking and not a huge problem but the sound needed editing better. Too many times did the audio not match the car that we were riding on board with.

It is surely something that will improve over time but I found it a bit distracting when you are watching a car go around a hairpin but the audio is from the car before/after that is clearly flying in sixth gear!

If you are going to say one thing to Eurosport then I think most of us would just say 'Well done and keep it up'!

TMorel
27th January 2009, 11:52
The only thing I can suggest is someone comes back and read the forums during each event.
That way you'll see any complaints "as they happen" although if it's anything like the Monte, you'll be sitting seeing all the praise and congratulations as they happen!

swordsman
29th January 2009, 07:54
Hey, seems that Eurosport are happy with the Monte. That's awesome!

http://www.ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=1076

cali
29th January 2009, 08:24
Hey, seems that Eurosport are happy with the Monte. That's awesome!

http://www.ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=1076

I'm very happy about it. Good stuff always attracts lots of viewers. Job well done Eurosport and i hope to see more live action throughout IRC season!

swordsman
29th January 2009, 08:36
I'm very happy about it. Good stuff always attracts lots of viewers. Job well done Eurosport and i hope to see more live action throughout IRC season!

Seems like they're thinking of that if you read the end of the quote there. That's even more awesome! :)