PDA

View Full Version : Phone / SanDisk Tech Help

donKey jote
24th January 2009, 20:47
My donkey Samsung SGH E250 suddenly won't recognise it'S 2 GB microSD :(

All was working fine since Santa brought it, and the SanDisk still works fine on the PC. Problem is, suddenly the phone can't even reformat the card let alone read it :dozey:

Is the phone kaputt, the card kaputt, or both ? :confused:

Any experts out there?
Help please, my son is all worried ;)

race aficionado
24th January 2009, 22:41
My donkey Samsung SGH E250 suddenly won't recognise it'S 2 GB microSD :(

All was working fine since Santa brought it, and the SanDisk still works fine on the PC. Problem is, suddenly the phone can't even reformat the card let alone read it :dozey:

Is the phone kaputt, the card kaputt, or both ? :confused:

Any experts out there?
Help please, my son is all worried ;)

Yo Donks!
Santa also gave my son his first phone and when the bugger started acting up I took it to one of the many shops around town of my provider AT&T.
They fixed it right away. The solution?
Take the battery out of the phone, put it back in and voilá - it started working again.
It acted as a re-boot. hope that helps. I don't like it when our son's get worried.
:)

airshifter
24th January 2009, 23:01
Donkey,

The contacts on many devices that use the micro type memory cards can be a pain. If you can, clean the contacts in the phone (often difficult I know) and on the memory card. For easy to access areas like the card a pencil eraser cleans well.

As Race pointed out above sometimes just pulling it and reseating it works. Our one camera does that from time to time.

donKey jote
24th January 2009, 23:22
Thanks guys, I'll try it in the morning as I don't know his PIN :dozey:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

donKey jote
25th January 2009, 12:38
Cheers race + shifter, that's two happy donkeys this morning :up: :D