PDA

View Full Version : so called slandering...

steve_spackman
22nd January 2009, 23:50
how come its ok for certain groups to 'slander' others on this forum, yet its not ok for others???

MrJan
23rd January 2009, 01:18
From my sexy chair in pedants corner I'd just like to say that no one ever commits slander on this forum, some may commit libel but never slander.

Rollo
23rd January 2009, 01:34
I'd just like to say that I concur with my learned friend Mr Yeo but that both slander and libel constitute the tort of defamation along with calumny and vilification.

Sexy Chair? Is that what they gave you? You're lucky, we used to have to make do with a rain barrel wit' no lid on if we wanted to sit in Pedants Corner. Sexy Chair? Feh to Sexy Chair!

leopard
23rd January 2009, 04:16
no one by intention commit slandering, don't be so sensitive, ;)

F1boat
23rd January 2009, 07:28
I know what steve is saying. When fousto insults Europe calling it names, it's OK, but when you say one thing against the former President of the USA, you are anti-American.

Garry Walker
23rd January 2009, 16:32
how come its ok for certain groups to 'slander' others on this forum, yet its not ok for others???

Are you 12 years old?

Dave B
23rd January 2009, 16:56
There's a line where healthy debate crosses into playground insults, a line which has been crossed quite a bit recently; but to try to pin this on any one nationality is plan daft.

If you believe a particular post breaches the forum's rules then use the "report" button (top right in any post) and let the moderators deal with it as they see fit. Don't make it personal.

Daniel
26th January 2009, 16:55
There's a line where healthy debate crosses into playground insults, a line which has been crossed quite a bit recently; but to try to pin this on any one nationality is plan daft.

If you believe a particular post breaches the forum's rules then use the "report" button (top right in any post) and let the moderators deal with it as they see fit. Don't make it personal.

Typical Euro attitude to this :p

Hondo
28th January 2009, 18:31
Typical Euro attitude to this :p

Yup, get the government to handle it.