View Full Version : The Stig Revealed?

Camelopard
20th January 2009, 03:36
What do you reckon, is he the Stig?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/20/2470055.htm

Azumanga Davo
20th January 2009, 08:19
I thought this was already revealed...

Obviously Simon Whitehead is a bit of a tit. "Ooh, ooh, I have a secret ner ner ner ner and I'm off to the tabloids neener neener." And some conspiracy theorists believe he would have done this to drum up business for his blummin' gallery. The fools... :p :

Daniel
20th January 2009, 10:04
Everyone has known it's Ben Collins for ages :crazy: The ABC really has gone down the ter since I left (not because I left, just since I left). I recently got sent an article ABC article on the Gaza invasion by someone and I though hmmm that new looks a bit Jewish and sure enough the guy was president of some Zionist council or something :mark: Way to choose an unbiased source ABC :rolleyes:

MrJan
20th January 2009, 12:15
Just search the forum for 'ben collins stig' and you'll probably find 5 or 6 threads :D

donKey jote
20th January 2009, 20:23
So we know who the Stig is :dozey:

Now who's Ben Collins ? :p :

Camelopard
20th January 2009, 21:22
Maybe yesterday was a slow news day, not much at all happening around the world!!!!!

I must admit that I didn't do any research on this (are you listening m in o?) and I'll try to be far more dilligent in my fact gathering next time. :)

By the way, who is Ben Collins?

Who is the Stig on the Australian version? Jim Richards?

Rani
20th January 2009, 21:28
Maybe yesterday was a slow news day, not much at all happening around the world!!!!!

I must admit that I didn't do any research on this (are you listening m in o?) and I'll try to be far more dilligent in my fact gathering next time. :)

By the way, who is Ben Collins?

Who is the Stig on the Australian version? Jim Richards?
I guess the next step is finding the identity of the Stig's fat and african cousins.

BTCC2
20th January 2009, 21:32
I guess the next step is finding the identity of the Stig's fat and african cousins.

Well Sigs fat cousin will be him with a fat suit.

Mark
21st January 2009, 08:29
We all know it's Ben Collins. But the point is that, sometimes it's not!

ChrisS
21st January 2009, 08:48

We can also try to find out what Happened to Stig's communist cousin they showed him on the montage of what was to come in season 12 but he wasnt in any of the episodes

thompp
21st January 2009, 21:42
Original Telegraph story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Who-is-the-Stig-The-answer.html

BTCC2
25th January 2009, 16:48
We can also try to find out what Happened to Stig's communist cousin they showed him on the montage of what was to come in season 12 but he wasnt in any of the episodes

He was in the episode about the communist cars wasn't he?

Mark in Oshawa
25th January 2009, 21:17
I told a friend I had found the story on who the Stig was...it was like telling a kid there was no Santa Claus. He liked the mystery of not knowing.....but then he brightened up and figured he has no idea who Collins was either....so there was a little mystery to it still left.

What I find hysterically comical is Clarkson's endless platitudes in introducing the Stig such as "he can suck the water off a duck's back through his nose" or "he has no need for air"....or "we have no idea what planet he is from"...but he is THE STIG!!!

52Paddy
25th January 2009, 22:55
What I find hysterically comical is Clarkson's endless platitudes in introducing the Stig such as "he can suck the water off a duck's back through his nose" or "he has no need for air"....or "we have no idea what planet he is from"...but he is THE STIG!!!

And it gets funnier if you picture the actual Ben Collins in the same light :p :

Dave B
26th January 2009, 08:11
I'm the Stig and so's my wife.

ChrisS
26th January 2009, 09:28
He was in the episode about the communist cars wasn't he?

in the series 12 preview they showed a red stig riding a bike, I think it was from the Vietnam special but they didnt show him in the episode.

Simmi
26th January 2009, 09:44
They use multiple Stigs I'm sure. I hope that guy who went to the press received jack-all for his story. I mean its not a difficult thing to find out is it really.

I wonder if now it has been revealed in the mainstream press they will kill off The Stig a second time? That's what happened when Perry McCarthy opened his mouth and word got out.

El Libertador
26th January 2009, 20:06
They won't kill off the current Stig. BBC came out and said the Stig is Graham Hill and Barack Obama, which basically means "fine, you caught us, Ben Collins is the Stig but he's too good and too hard to replace so we're going to pretend you don't know." Someone mentioned Fat Stig, it's a longshot but it could be NASCAR driver Tony Stewart. That was back when he had some extra girth, and those cars Jeremy, Richard, and James were driving certainly handled like stock cars, and had the same technology.

ChrisS
27th January 2009, 08:14
They won't kill off the current Stig. BBC came out and said the Stig is Graham Hill and Barack Obama, which basically means "fine, you caught us, Ben Collins is the Stig but he's too good and too hard to replace so we're going to pretend you don't know." Someone mentioned Fat Stig, it's a longshot but it could be NASCAR driver Tony Stewart. That was back when he had some extra girth, and those cars Jeremy, Richard, and James were driving certainly handled like stock cars, and had the same technology.

if the Stig is Obama, "Big Stig" may be McCain

I don't think the "Big Stig" was any famous race driver, its more likely he was the instructor of the track's racing school or something along those lines.

Woodeye
27th January 2009, 19:15
According to Iltis and Daily Mail, Kovalainen is the Stig as well. Or has been.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1638232

Dave B
25th January 2010, 15:53
Some say if you stand near Loch Ness for long enough, he'll eventually appear.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=loch+ness+&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=0.012343,0.038409&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Loch+Ness,+United+Kingdom&t=h&layer=c&cbll=57.226109,-4.572287&panoid=ApPA1rwguy7D-Kl8q6i0bw&cbp=12,123.66,,0,12.74&ll=57.226021,-4.572372&spn=0.045254,0.153637&z=13

MrJan
25th January 2010, 17:03
That's class

driveace
25th January 2010, 18:12
Ben Collins ,Irish racing driver,Tested for Honda 2 years ago in Valencia,saw him there ,but nothing came of it.He did not seem quick enough!

Mark in Oshawa
25th January 2010, 21:44
Ben Collins ,Irish racing driver,Tested for Honda 2 years ago in Valencia,saw him there ,but nothing came of it.He did not seem quick enough!

he is plenty quick enough for Top Gear...

52Paddy
25th January 2010, 23:04
he is plenty quick enough for Top Gear...

So is James May :laugh:

Hazell B
26th January 2010, 18:56
Now who's Ben Collins ? :p :

I used to cheer him on in ASCAR :up:
Now I can't even be bothered watching 'his' TV show :mark:

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 19:06
So is James May :laugh:
Mr. Slow is sometimes fast. Never on the other hand seen the "Stig" be slow...

306 Cosworth
26th January 2010, 19:25
I have an "I am the Stig" t-shirt so it's me not Ben Collins i'm afraid :)

Mark
27th January 2010, 09:33
Some say if you stand near Loch Ness for long enough, he'll eventually appear.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=loch+ness+&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=0.012343,0.038409&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Loch+Ness,+United+Kingdom&t=h&layer=c&cbll=57.226109,-4.572287&panoid=ApPA1rwguy7D-Kl8q6i0bw&cbp=12,123.66,,0,12.74&ll=57.226021,-4.572372&spn=0.045254,0.153637&z=13

I wonder if that is The Stig? Or just a plastic model. Either way, brilliant! I assume this is a setup by Google?

Dave B
27th January 2010, 10:03
More likely it's the occupants of the two cars in the layby opposite, who may or may not be connected to the programme, overtook the Smart car and figured if they got ahead they could lie in wait for it to pass.

I wish Google would hurry up and put my locality on Streetview, I want to see if they captured me waving like a lunatic out my car window!

Daniel
27th January 2010, 10:53
More likely it's the occupants of the two cars in the layby opposite, who may or may not be connected to the programme, overtook the Smart car and figured if they got ahead they could lie in wait for it to pass.

I wish Google would hurry up and put my locality on Streetview, I want to see if they captured me waving like a lunatic out my car window!
So you can go to the daily mail and complain about how they stole your soul? :p

I can't wait till Google comes around here :) Then I can ask for our house and cars to be removed :D

Mark
27th January 2010, 12:25

There are some indications it was done by Google themselves. I've seen comments that the section with The Stig is different from the rest of the A82.

Daniel
27th January 2010, 12:53
There are some indications it was done by Google themselves. I've seen comments that the section with The Stig is different from the rest of the A82.
Do you use this sort of talk on Karen when you want to.... well... you know... :p

Mark
27th January 2010, 13:12
Do you use this sort of talk on Karen when you want to.... well... you know... :p

Drive down the A82?
She does think it's odd that I know the difference between blue bordered road signs and black bordered ones and why you don't see the former any more.
And why railway signals are upside down compared with road traffic lights :p

52Paddy
27th January 2010, 13:32
Mr. Slow is sometimes fast. Never on the other hand seen the "Stig" be slow...

It was a joke.