PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Fisher goes on record with pressdog

pressdog
7th February 2007, 19:07
She's sidepod worthy, I tell ya.

Sarah Fisher goes on record with pressdog (http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2007/02/pressdog_fans_g.html)

DRC
8th February 2007, 12:52
Cool.

Opinion8d
8th February 2007, 19:23
do you think sarah fisher will win a race this year?

ZzZzZz
9th February 2007, 01:33
She showed she was capable before. Now the competition is much greater. She's also matured. If the team can give her a good enough car, it's possible.

Wilf
9th February 2007, 03:21
Press Dog - somettimes you really p##s me off with you irreverant humor but your access to the drivers is to be envied. Your interview with Sarah was spot on. She demonstrated long ago that she is capable of winning, given good engineering; this could be her year. I root for her because it would be good for open wheel racing to see her win, not because she is the best racer which she isn't. But more importantly, because she acknowledges just that. But on any given day ...

pressdog
9th February 2007, 14:31
Press Dog - somettimes you really p##s me off with you irreverant humor but your access to the drivers is to be envied. Your interview with Sarah was spot on. She demonstrated long ago that she is capable of winning, given good engineering; this could be her year. I root for her because it would be good for open wheel racing to see her win, not because she is the best racer which she isn't. But more importantly, because she acknowledges just that. But on any given day ...

Winning in the IRL is probably 70% car, 30% driver. Given the right car, Sarah can compete for a win (which probably goes for anyone in the field, frankly). She showed that back when she ran for DRR in the Infiniti and when she scored her P2 in 2001. Check out her dirt track record -- if you can win in the elbows-up world of winged sprints, it's hard to say you don't have skills. Nobody gives anyone a break on the dirt track.

I've been watching Sarah for a long time and I think she has matured. Early on she wanted to win so badly she would get freaked out a little if things weren't rockin.' Now she's more calm and patient. Anyone who doesn't think Sarah wants to win as badly as anyone else in the field doesn't know her very well. Drivers know when they have zero chance to win a race and they know it before the green flag flies. So when you're always in a car that has zero chance to win, that's gotta wear on ya especially when you're in the media spotlight like Sarah and have to put on a happy face when you are probably pissed off about how it is going.

Honestly, I think in 2006 it's going to take a lot of luck and a strong tail wind to get the DRR cars to the front. Finishing 5th to the Penskes and Ganassis would be a huge moral victory for anyone, especially funding-challenged teams like DRR. We'll see at the Homestead test on 2/23-ish if the red cars are going to dominate the field again. I fear they will. I hope they won't. Having Sarah in the field does keep the attention of her legions of fans. The Most Popular Driver race will be a fist fight between Sarah and Danica, I predict.

grungex
9th February 2007, 16:00
Hey pressdog, I really enjoy your irreverent humour. I'm just sayin'... ;)

beachbum
9th February 2007, 17:54
Pressdog, anyone who finds your humor offensive is taking racing FAR too seriously. Irreverence is a life style among racers. (by the way, its 2007, and my money is on Sarah in the Most Popular "battle")

pressdog
9th February 2007, 18:42
Pressdog, anyone who finds your humor offensive is taking racing FAR too seriously. Irreverence is a life style among racers. (by the way, its 2007, and my money is on Sarah in the Most Popular "battle")
Lot of personal taste involved in what someone thinks is funny or not. So, if you like my stuff, great. I'm flattered. If not, great as well. Free country. No hard feelings on my part.

Sleeper
11th February 2007, 16:36
Nice interview. Des anyone know why Fisher isnt going to compete on the street/road circuits?

F1boat
11th February 2007, 22:03
I doubt that she'll win. I think that Penske, Ganassi and AGR will all have stronger cars and their drivers are not weaker than Sarah.

Mark in Oshawa
13th February 2007, 16:21
Sarah may not win, but I bet she beats Danica more times than not if they had equal cars.

F1boat
14th February 2007, 13:10
We'll see how good Danica is. At last she has a good car.

ZzZzZz
17th February 2007, 20:35
Nice interview. Does anyone know why Fisher isnt going to compete on the street/road circuits?

Funding is their answer. They've also said they are pursuing more sponsors, which may enable them to do a full season, so cross you fingers.

Komahawk
23rd February 2007, 09:56
Danica clearly beat Buddy Rice two years in a row. Whether Sarah can beat him as well remains to be seen. Buddy seemed to be doing well at the Homestead testing.