PDA

View Full Version : Why I'd Prefer To Keep Alonso Out of a Ferrari

keysersoze
15th January 2009, 18:02
As much as I like him, I have no desire to see one driver win all the races.

With him at Renault and Kubica at BMW and Kimi / Felipe at Ferrari and Lewis / Heike at McLaren and Vettel at Red Bull, it's the closest we've had to parity since the 1982 season, with 7 winners in 5 different cars. Throw in race-winner Jarno in a competitive 'Yoter, Webber at Renault (who will give Sebastian all he can handle), and Quick Nick's consistency at BMW, we could have a very unpredictable season ahead of us.

I LIKE having Fernando in an inferior car. Makes things very interesting. It's always satisfying to see someone's excellence come through.

Unless one team gets a clearly better handle on the new regs . . .

berniefails
15th January 2009, 18:53
I would enjoy watching alonso in the ferrari...it was too sad to see him in a car that didn't have the pace as the ferrari and mclaren for the most part of the 2008 season. Also I wouldn't go so far as to say the Renault is an inferior car, it has two championships under its belt, and was extremely reliable from 04-06. give em credit they had to adapt to the bridgestones after that.

jens
15th January 2009, 19:21
Well, the pecking order may change quickly, so I wouldn't say there is a combination that would make racing surefire boring. You say Alonso + Ferrari may be unbeatable and F1 will be boring, but it doesn't rule out we might see other unstoppable combinations too. If McLaren nails it in '09, Hamilton dominates. If BMW with its KERS achieves superiority, Kubica may dominate. So I see nothing disruptive or "boring" in Alonso's move to Ferrari. And whoever his team-mate will be, either Massa, Vettel or whoever, he will give serious competition to Fred too. ;)

And of course, what else appeals me in FA's move to Ferrari - I would like to see him against a great team-mate again. I'm afraid this is not going to happen at Renault. But whatever we think of 07, LH-FA was a great rivalry, wasn't it? Would like to see something like that again. :)

Big Ben
15th January 2009, 20:25
I want to see him in a car that gives him the opportunity to fight for the title. He deserves that position.

and BTW hurry up people with your posts before ioan and garry get this thread closed too :laugh:

pino
15th January 2009, 21:03

With him at Renault and Kubica at BMW and Kimi / Felipe at Ferrari and Lewis / Heike at McLaren and Vettel at Red Bull, it's the closest we've had to parity since the 1982 season, with 7 winners in 5 different cars. Throw in race-winner Jarno in a competitive 'Yoter, Webber at Renault (who will give Sebastian all he can handle), and Quick Nick's consistency at BMW, we could have a very unpredictable season ahead of us.

I LIKE having Fernando in an inferior car. Makes things very interesting. It's always satisfying to see someone's excellence come through.

Totally agree...especially about Jarno :up: :p :

speeddurango
15th January 2009, 22:58
I don't think the theory of putting Alonso in a competitive car then he can win all the races, no. Alonso was more outstanding when he's in an inferior car but in a competitive car, he was challenged by almost all of his teammates. LH, needless to say. Trulli who actually scored more points before his conflits with Renault emerged which eventually led to his departure. And Fisichella, although Alonso outpaced him, but not by too much either.

f1rocks
17th January 2009, 02:18
Alonso in a Ferrari. He will get his butt kicked by Massa big time....I really wish that he joins them......Werent the Kimi fans saying that he will destroy Massa in his second year...Well atleast Kimi did not ever lose to rookie....:d

donKey jote
17th January 2009, 23:07
scratched record is back :yawn:
:dozey:

Big Ben
18th January 2009, 21:57
And Fisichella, although Alonso outpaced him, but not by too much either.

yeah right... he was so so close. So close that I don't even remeber how close.

Garry Walker
18th January 2009, 22:07
Senna with Williams was supposed to be an unbeatable team.
Kimi with Ferrari was supposed to be unbeatable.

If alonso with Ferrari would be dominance, imagine what would happen if Ferrari hired the drivers who have beaten him in equal cars - Trulli and Hamilton.

BTCC2
19th January 2009, 22:23
Senna with Williams was supposed to be an unbeatable team.
Kimi with Ferrari was supposed to be unbeatable.

If alonso with Ferrari would be dominance, imagine what would happen if Ferrari hired the drivers who have beaten him in equal cars - Trulli and Hamilton.

Can we really claim that Kimi with Ferrari was supposed to be unbeatable? I don't think anyone ever really thought that. It had the potential to be succesfull yes, and thankfully it was but prior to joining Ferrari other than in 2003 he had never really threataned to take the title (I'm not counting 2005, for me he was never up to matching Alonso).

Senna with Williams, well I guess we can't really comment on what that would have been like. In 1994 and 1995 I think he would have had his work cut out beating Schumacher but with the dominance that Williams had in 1996 and 1997, as much as I disagree that he was the best ever, I think he would have wiped the floor with that car in those years.

Alonso with Ferrari, It wouldn't be my first choice the man has caused trouble evrywhere he's been. And as for him being beaten by Hamilton, the last time I checked they were equal in 2007.

In my opinion, as I have always thought, Ferrari have the best drivers line up with Kimi having proved he has the credentialls to win the title, and I expect him to be back to his best this year. Alongside Felipe who for me really came of age last year and as i'm sure everyone would agree, if it hadn't been for some very unfortunate circumstances from outside of his control (Hungary and Singapore come to mind) then he would have been crowned champion before we had even rolled into Brazil.

wedge
20th January 2009, 00:10

The best driver will want the best car and equipment and 9 times out of 10 will want to join the best team.

Even the very best go through peaks and troughs. They may be in their prime but they won't necessarily have the best car that wins WDCs.