PDA

View Full Version : Spyker drivers to test with Ferrari in 2007?

Giuseppe F1
7th February 2007, 18:09
I posted this thread when the story broke late last year - with what we have seen with the Spyker launch, their full driving squad and bullish ambitions, does anyone still envisage any situation where Spyker drivers test for Ferrari in 07 occuring? Fact this claude was worked into Albers'/Ferrai Spykers engine contracts would seem to add credence to Spyker perhaps coming a more affiliated Ferrari partner team post 2008 come legal chassis sharing:

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/hea...001063507.shtml

Albers to test for Ferrari
Aiming to show his true potential
01/10/06 06:35

Spyker's 2007 race driver Christijan Albers could next year test for Ferrari, it has emerged.

Written into the Silverstone based team's new formula one engine contract with Ferrari, negotiated by Michiel Mol and Jean Todt, is a clause allowing Spyker drivers to test for the Italian squad.

Albers' manager Lodewijk Varossieau confirmed the story.

"Perhaps this is the only way that I can demonstrate how fast I really am," 27-year-old Dutchman Albers was quoted as saying by Formule 1 RaceReport magazine.

He added: "I hope I can run at the same time as (Felipe) Massa so I can show that I have exactly the same speed."

Source GMM
CAPSIS International

ioan
7th February 2007, 22:30
With the testing limits they have this season I don't know if Ferrari will afford to use drivers that are inexperienced with their car.

wmcot
8th February 2007, 04:12
I would bet that IF it happens at all, it will happen AFTER the regular season.

ArrowsFA1
8th February 2007, 09:09
...He added: "I hope I can run at the same time as (Felipe) Massa so I can show that I have exactly the same speed."
Not short of confidence is he :crazy: :p :

I don't see why Spyker drivers would be any different to the other drivers who have used Ferrari customer engines in the past. I guess you could say both Massa & Raikkonen (Sauber) have ended up racing for Ferrari, so Albers can live in hope, but with Gene and Badoer, who have served them very well, Ferrari have no need to test with anyone else and if a top team were going to test Albers I think they would have done so already.

Giuseppe F1
8th February 2007, 10:21
Does anyone remember when Schumacher tested for Sauber-Petronas during the 1997 season at Fiorano owing to the 2 teams similar engine agreement. (Plus im sure his history in Sauber sportscars helped too!)

Recall there was rumour of Schumacher purposefully braking early for one of th corners as he was scared he would do a faster lap at Fiorano in the Sauber then he had in the red car.

Think there was a big hoo-hah at the time that Shell didnt want it to happen as Sauber was then title sponsord by oil competitor Petronas so the deal was the car had to be devoid of all sponsors on the livery - interestingly Michael did wear his standard Ferrai lid - if this was today he probably would have been obligated by sponsors to wear a plain white one

Some pics attached:

Giuseppe F1
8th February 2007, 10:59
Schumacher tests the Sauber in 1997

Giuseppe F1
8th February 2007, 11:06
Schumacher - Sauber - Fiorano 1997

Giuseppe F1
8th February 2007, 14:31
Schumacher tests the Sauber in 1997

andreag
8th February 2007, 16:19
With the testing limits they have this season I don't know if Ferrari will afford to use drivers that are inexperienced with their car.
Testing limits had never been a concern to Ferrari.

ioan
8th February 2007, 21:08
Testing limits had never been a concern to Ferrari.

Bla bla bla...