PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Journalists Needed

MotorRacingIndustry.com
14th January 2009, 21:27
I am looking for motorsport journalists to write articles for a new website. MotorRacingIndustry.com

Currently we are not in a position to offer paid work, however this will change as our budget evolves.

This opportunity would be good to put on your CV and we would be happy to offer a comprehensive career reference.

Even if unsure of your work would be of interest, let me know!

[email:19394y1j]joshuawevans@hotmail.com[/email:19394y1j]

Easy Drifter
14th January 2009, 22:09
A few days ago you were saying your posting name was just a handle.
This does not sound like it.
These forums are fun but if I was going to write for an organization that planned to make money I would expect to get paid.
I always have.
I do not need to pad my CV. I already have awards for my professional writing.

MotorRacingIndustry.com
14th January 2009, 23:46
These forums are fun but if I was going to write for an organization that planned to make money I would expect to get paid.
I always have.
I do not need to pad my CV. I already have awards for my professional writing.

Hi Mate, You sound very good with your awards. Not everyone is in the same position as you.

There are people trying to break into the industry and they need opportunities.

If you are not interested, there is no need to comment. You won't get an award for it either. :)

Rollo
15th January 2009, 00:15
Advertising is generally frowned upon within these forums, however I note that the ABN mentioned on your website is not connected to a company through ASIC.

Not to put too fine a point on it, quality journalists will invariably want to be paid for their work, and those that do not want to be paid are probably either not quality journalists or possibly engaging in something like Quadrant-Gate.

It's a Catch-22 situation isn't it, Yossarian?

MotorRacingIndustry.com
15th January 2009, 02:13
Not to put too fine a point on it, quality journalists will invariably want to be paid for their work, and those that do not want to be paid are probably either not quality journalists or possibly engaging in something like Quadrant-Gate.
?

Thanks for the advice. What is Quadrant-Gate? Sorry for my ignorance! :)

Rollo
15th January 2009, 02:27
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24887252-601,00.html
http://www.crikey.com.au/Politics/20090106-How-Quadrant-swallowed-a-giant-hoax-.html

Katherine Wilson a freelance journalist tried to prove that Quadrant (a highly right-leaning magazine) was more likely to publish something that fit in with their bias and not do the research to check it, rather than a left leaning article despite the claims of the magazine that they are an open journal.

The editor Keith Windschuttle had published her article on genetic modification with only a cursory checking of the facts, despite the whole thing being bogus and self-contridictory.