PDA

View Full Version : david richards says Manufacturers given 'reasons to get out'.

steve_spackman
14th January 2009, 21:17
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/173225-0/manufacturers_given_reasons_to_get_out.html

Finni
14th January 2009, 21:23
Makes sense a lot.

Finni
14th January 2009, 21:33
However in the case of Subaru and Suzuki it's obvious that failed attempts to build fast cars were the biggest reason of retirement.

RS
14th January 2009, 21:48
He says some sensible things but I don't think he's innocent himself. For one, the Subaru did not perform, whether that's Prodrive's fault or a problem with the base car is open to discussion, but...

Secondly he is (or was?) involved with ISC who haven't done a fantastic job with their ownership of the media rights to the series either.

rallyemotions
14th January 2009, 22:59
He says some sensible things but I don't think he's innocent himself. For one, the Subaru did not perform, whether that's Prodrive's fault or a problem with the base car is open to discussion, but...

Ditto on that...

Sulland
14th January 2009, 23:07
Ditto on that...

Had Subaru been winning like Citroen, they had still been in there !!

Prodrive have produced bad rallycars since 2004, and there is a limit for what the manufacturer of the street car can accept !

Brother John
15th January 2009, 07:10
Always said that the F.I.A. are the problem in WRC. :(
Even since 2005, nobody wanted discuss about this on the forum.
Old thread about the F.I.A. has meanwhile disappeared. :rolleyes:
With the financial world crisis it is exact the same, there are here still members who do not see that the problem just starts and become larger.
I absolute don`t want missing rally in the future but have no problem if the F.I.A. take a big step back with the rules for wrc cars.
Keep it simple and F1 can preserve the Hitech. :dozey:

AndyRAC
15th January 2009, 08:40
With the financial world crisis it is exact the same, there are here still members who do not see that the problem just starts and become larger.
I absolute don`t want missing rally in the future but have no problem if the F.I.A. take a big step back with the rules for wrc cars.

Totally agree!
As much as I respect DR - it's a bit rich of him to totally blame the FIA. He was in charge if ISC when all these silly changes - 9-5 hours, central servicing, etc came in.
He's right that the FIA don't help - completely ignore the sport - then when they do pay attention they appear to have no idea about it. Max Mosley bleating about saving F1 - while the WRC was going down the drain. The warning signs were there about 4-5 years ago - nothing was done.
Give us simple, production based cars - which are loud and spectacular, and require driving.

cali
15th January 2009, 08:43
Give us simple, production based cars - which are loud and spectacular, and require driving.

Amen to that :)

Nenukknak
15th January 2009, 15:21
DR is a hypocrite! He is responsible either directly or indirectly for the way WRC has development into nothing really.

And when I hear him talk about this issue, it just sends shivers up my spine. What I read him saying is: "We've gone the way of F1, now we need to go all the way that way." as opposed to what I want him to say: "We've gone the way of F1, that was a mistake, we need to get back to proper rallies and all the ingredients that make rallies special."

It seems like some people never learn. You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make it drink.

llgc8080
18th January 2009, 11:06

100 % agree buddy.
All said.