http://www.stobartmotorsport.com/brc_news.asp

This team will be battle with Citroen Junior Team

bluuford
16th January 2009, 14:35
Searching the forum I found this thread for this news:
Stobart Official announced.

http://www.stobartmotorsport.com/brc_news.asp

This team will be battle with Citroen Junior Team

...With a number of new events on the calendar - particularly in the first half of the season - and some significant rule changes, the Stobart team is looking forward to the challenge the FIA World Rally Championship will offer in 2009.”

What are the significant rule changes for this year?

bluuford
16th January 2009, 15:11
Found some interesting that seems new to me:

8.2.11 If fewer than 10 entries for each Support Championship have been received by the closing
date for entries, the FIA reserves the right to suspend the Championship.

12.3.1 Road surface
The itinerary of events may include stages on asphalt and/or gravel on condition that one or other
surface is used on 2 consecutive days. It is recommended that asphalt always be used as the first
surface.

12.3.2 Special stages
The total length of the special stages is a minimum of 340 km and a maximum of 400 km.
No one stage or part of a stage may be run more than twice in a rally, super special stages excluded.

19.2. At events where the Pirelli Star Drivers are included they shall use numbers 61 to

25.2 ENTRY CLOSING DATES
The standard closing date for entries shall be 5 weeks before the Tuesday (start of reconnaissance)
of the rally concerned.

7.2.6 Both a Manufacturer and a Manufacturer Team must indicate on the entry form the name of
the entrant. In the case of a Manufacturer, this name must include the name of the car manufacturer.
I think those were new?

Roy
16th January 2009, 15:16

7.2.6 Both a Manufacturer and a Manufacturer Team must indicate on the entry form the name of the entrant. In the case of a Manufacturer, this name must include the name of the car manufacturer.

I think those were new?

The last one isn't. Others I don't no.

alleskids
16th January 2009, 15:39
The last rule is an old one. Mitsubisihi was against the use of WRC05 Lancers by Gardmeister and Al Qassimi for a MT2 in 2007 (?), because the name of Mitsubishi had to be added to the teamname and would drag Mitsubishi into the results, also the bad ones.

bluuford
16th January 2009, 17:15
The last rule is an old one. Mitsubisihi was against the use of WRC05 Lancers by Gardmeister and Al Qassimi for a MT2 in 2007 (?), because the name of Mitsubishi had to be added to the teamname and would drag Mitsubishi into the results, also the bad ones.

It is new! Read carefully. Now only manufacturer needs to add car make name.

Brother John
19th February 2009, 14:23
Sourse: http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/article/247995/guy-frequelin-gere-par-des-beni-oui-oui.html
and http://www.autosportvideo.be/pitstop2009/?p=468

+ bad translation from me. ;)

Max Mosley break the WRC rally. That is the destroying criticism of Guy Fréquelin, the former boss of Citroën sport, about the president of the international motor sport federation FIA. Fréquelin were this previous weekend one of the top stars during a very succeeded editie of the Legend Boucles de Spa. In the edge of the rally Fréquelin gave its opinion concerning the pitiful situation of the WRC. And he kept no booklet for the mouth. Fréquelin: The promoter of the WRC has gone wrong by giving the public no more access to the service park, by removing the evening stages and by removing sociability. The largest problem lies at maximum Mosley, he knows, as it happens, nothing of rally. A another problem is that he entrusts everything to nodding donkeys which belong to its court attitude and which says only what he wants gladly hear. Take now the rally of Cyprus. Absolutely no constructeur, none of the has sense in Cyprus, a rally which everything break, which is driven with an average of 60 per hour, for a little public and on an island which presents commercially nothing. And Cyprus continues nevertheless stand on the calendar, simply because the organizer votes for Mosley. And constructeurs do not dare react, because Mosley have to the resources to place those constructeurs under pressure such as granting ASTRE at crash-tests. According to Fréquelin the costs must still go down and the competition between WRC and IRC have to stop. And all which is busy with motor sport, must learn to think green, says Fréquelin.

Barreis
19th February 2009, 14:33
I thought Mr.Fréquelin is retired.. When he was in position to change he did nothing.. Winning formula is not for changing I guess..