PDA

View Full Version : Grid/PR Work

Mamnes
10th January 2009, 17:45
Hi guys (and girlies)...

Was just wondering if anone knows how to get some work as a PR/Grid girl in the UK this year?

I know things will be more difficult due to credit crunch and all.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks x

Mark in Oshawa
10th January 2009, 18:48
Mamnes...I am sure if you find the right modelling agency they could shop you out to the various sponsors of race series and go from there. Of course...if you are 400 lbs, missing one eye and are scarred on half your body...then good luck..lol..

Seriously though...try a modelling agency. I know in the races I have worked over here in Canada, most of the grid girls are models of a sort and were picked from modelling agencies to fill the contract. Now that I think of it...that was how the Sprint Cup girls were found in the US for the NASCAR Sprint Cup series, and that is a gig any model with an interest in racing could want....lots of exposure and TV time there...

turves
10th January 2009, 22:02
I know someone who works for Triple8 (Vauxhall Touring Car team). I can ask them...?

Mamnes
10th January 2009, 23:05
Turves, that would be ace if you could ask them how they go about it!
Mark - I know the whole process about modelling agencies etc but it tends to be promotional agenices they go through from waht I have seen, I am registered with a few and have experience in modelling but many girls are put by through someone they know now, in UK stuff. I know that a lot of teams tend to assign contracts by the end of Jan/beginning of Feb, but it's getting the right people to contact, I live in Scotland which doesn't help, although I have accommodation down south. Thanks though, I'm in the process of updating a portfolio and it will hopefully help.
Just want a quicker way in heehe!

Drew
11th January 2009, 13:21
This thread is useless without pics :cheese: