PDA

View Full Version : A.r.c 2009

mjh
9th January 2009, 10:44
Thought the initial proposal of 8 rounds was a bit optimistic. No Rally of Melbourne for the second year :(
Need to flip a coin to decide whether to make the trek north for the WRC round or the APRC round now.....

Author: Australian Rally Championship

With recent announcements by some of the world’s largest car manufacturers about their involvement in motorsport, combined with the current world economic situation, ARCom considered the sustainability of its plans for the Australian Rally Championship program in 2009 over the Christmas/New Year break.

“ARCom met on Christmas eve to talk through a number of issues arising from developments in the last few weeks” Colin Trinder said. “When we began planning the program for the 2009 ARC at the beginning of this year we could not have foreseen that within a few months, the world economic and motorsport landscapes would be such different places.

The withdrawal of Subaru and Suzuki from the WRC and Honda from F1 combined with domestic concerns about where the economic situation might leave our competitors, sponsors, organisers and volunteers has caused ARCom to rethink the planned ARC program for 2009” Trinder said. “ARCom has decided to limit the 2009 ARC program to 6 events. ARCom will not progress plans for the ARC event in Victoria for the 2009 competition season.

The 2009 Australian Rally Championship shall consist of the following events:

Rally Tasmania 13-15 February

Rally of Canberra 7-8 March

Quit Forest Rally WA4-5 April

Rally Queensland (Asia Pacific Rally Championship) 9-10 May

Daikin Coffs Coast Rally NSW 27-28 June

Sprint Auto Parts Rally South Australia 1-2 August

Repco Rally Australia (Manufacturers Championship only) 4-6 September

In other news with the end of the season in 2008, some administrative changes are in the process of implementation for the Australian Rally Championship for 2009. Peter Macneall again returns to the position of Sporting Director.

Ben Rainsford announced that Chris Chrystiuk, a professional sports administrator has left the ARC organisation to further his career and take on new challenges in another sporting organisation.

“I would like to personally acknowledge the dedication, long hours and hard work Chris has put in during his tenure with the ARC and I wish him all the best for the future.

We are working hard on a number of other initiatives and these will be announced as they come to hand". Rainsford said.

raybak
9th January 2009, 22:23
Yeah it sucks that there is no ARC in Victoria. I suppose it will be again a very short Vic Championship due to the ARC usually being 2 rounds of the VRC.

Does free up the year a bit for other events.

Tristan and I will be doing ROC, NSW, QLD and SA rounds of the ARC in the new EVO that we are picking up today :)

Ray

raybak
10th January 2009, 13:24
New car has been picked up, is very muchness of awesomeness.

Ray

dimviii
10th January 2009, 14:58
any photos and technical specifications? is it an already gr.N car,or a normal car?

raybak
10th January 2009, 22:49
The new car is full Group A, have been told it is an ex Kenneth Erikson Asia Pacific car. Also was run by the Pedder's rally team in the Australian Championship.

Ray

ST205GT4
12th January 2009, 13:20
What happened to the X? Or is this another car?

raybak
13th January 2009, 06:45
The X is for tarmac. Graeme will be debuting it at Targa Tasmania. I'll be next to Ray Julian again for Targa in his BMW, so Graeme has Kate Bowler sitting next to him.

I'll be back in the X for Targa West and Mt Buller.

Ray

DatsunFan
13th January 2009, 10:01
Have Toyota committed to the ARC in 2009? I heard that the TRD side of things is being wound down in Oz so i hope this has no impact on their ARC campaign.

ST205GT4
14th January 2009, 13:33
I haven't heard any rumours. Neil's team were around well before Toyota got the TRD brand up and running in Australia, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't just go back to running Toyota logos again.

Still you never know I guess. Been plenty of other big retirements around the world in the last month or so.

redrover
26th February 2009, 05:32
Will be interesting to see how everything pans out once they all get on the gravel next week in Canberra. Shame that Lowndes isn't running or Reeves.

I'll be checking the timing out(if there is live timing?), the rally.com.au didn't seem to have the usual timing for Tassie as it did for the ARC last year.