PDA

View Full Version : Why Prokop is still on S1600?

playmo
8th January 2009, 17:19
I was wondering, and maybe our czech fellow members could share some light on this. Martin is fast, and last season ran both P and J, i guess that maybe he'll do the same this year, but would'nt it be cheaper to run IRC and maybe a 1 or 2 WRC events? Of course, on a S2000, also, seeing the opinions on sandell's thread, it would be wiser to prepare for new regulations for the WRC or at least, to run the IN (as in fashion) tech [s2000] ? ?

Tom206wrc
8th January 2009, 17:33
I think he also had a test in the C4 few months ago :confused:

FabiaFan
8th January 2009, 18:25
[quote="playmo"]I was wondering...[quote]

I guess because of the C2 Junior Experience program - see Ogier...

Tom206wrc
8th January 2009, 18:36
I was wondering...

So Prokop is aiming a semi-official C3 S2000+ drive in 2010(as 2009 is the last year of the C4) ??? :confused:

Mirek
8th January 2009, 18:56
The only fact is, that he stays in both JWRC and PWRC. For JWRC he still use C2 S1600. For PWRC probably Lancer. But I think that Jipocar doesn't have easy times now in crisis (transportation company)...

Barreis
8th January 2009, 19:01
He doesn't want to pay for WRC drive. JWRC in Citroen gives him a chance like to Ogier if he will become a champ while PWRC gives him an experience. Ones when driver goes in WRC it is hole without end (for money).. He tried Xsara and it didn't go well.. So this is better..

playmo
8th January 2009, 20:02
But, i think the competition is better on IRC, besides that it's very likely that he's spending much more than if he were running IRC and other selected events...
On the other hand, i think that citroen will never give "french" treatment to anyother than FRENCH, does Sordo, Sainz, McRae, ring a bell.....

FabiaFan
8th January 2009, 20:25
...citroen will never give "french" treatment to anyother than FRENCH, does Sordo, Sainz, McRae, ring a bell.....

Well, Ogier did become MORE than what was promised for a JWRC champion - Prokop would be happy even with one ride - that is, what Citroen would offer to ANY champion, even if he would be from Kenya or so...

PLuto
8th January 2009, 21:43
I was wondering...

C2 Junior Experience wont be this year...

PLuto
8th January 2009, 21:44
Why is Martin still in JWRC?

Because he want to win it finally. But it looks like that level of JWRC is worse each year.

Karbonyl
10th January 2009, 12:56
I guess because of the C2 Junior Experience program - see Ogier...As a factory driver Ogier wasn't included to C2 JE program last year...

Simmi
10th January 2009, 14:18
All I can really see he gets out of staying in the WRC is experience of the stages. As for trying to win either the JWRC or the PWRC. What has winning either of those titles done for anyone who was not already under contract to a top manufacturer? It is clear if you are looking to progress up the ladder into a top car these series are pretty much dead ends.