PDA

View Full Version : Wyedean Rally 2007

306 Cosworth
7th February 2007, 11:05
It's the Wyedean rally this Saturday, and my first event of the year :D Footage will be available on Sunday the 11th February. Anyone from this forum going then?

http://www.wyedeanrally.co.uk

andy2066
8th February 2007, 20:38
yeah first time as well, heading for mailicot, sallowvallets, glad burton put in an entry,

MrJan
8th February 2007, 22:55
I'll be making the trip. Haven't worked out what stages we'll go to yet. It is refreshing though to see organisers release a full list of stages and directions, too many stages in modern rallying are going on behind closed doors.

Also glad AB will be attending. According to MN he's got a new engine so will be interesting to see how that goes (and sounds!) Apparently he'll have his 16 year old kid alonside him too so will be fun to see how quick he'll be.

306 Cosworth
9th February 2007, 15:41
Looks like it's going to be a mini rally Sweden! Heard there is 8-9 Inches of snow in Serridge, and that David Bogie, John Lloyd, Joe Price, Henri Grehan and Andrew Bowen have all pulled out due to not being able to get to scrutineering!

Hope the snow lasts until tomorrow though, bring it on! :D :D

MrJan
13th February 2007, 22:46
Well the snow stayed and made for exciting viewing, and a very sad ending to the weekend for which a thread has already been started in the British & Irish section.

As for the spectating it was spectacular. I was watching on Stage 3 and at the start it was covered in snow. Nothing makes a rally as exciting, largely because everyone is having a good time building snowmen and chucking snow balls (1st price in the ice sculpture competition has to go to the bloke who was opposite me and made an almost perfect Recaro seat, the only thing missing was the straps).

It is possibly the first stage I've ever been to where every car can be exciting, right down to the bottom of the 1400 class. Hats off to all the drivers. however the man for whom the hat is thrown high into the air is AB. He was scarily quick on the snow, and the way that he set the car up going into a 90 right had me running for the trees. Sadly he later crashed out. I hope both he and his lad are alright, at the time of writing I have yet to find out anything about the rally apart from the result and the sad news of the death of a competitor, something none of us ever want to hear.

A tragedy on the event has turned what was possibly the best stage I have ever seen into a side note to a terrible reminder of the dangers of rallying.