PDA

View Full Version : F1 2009 By Codemasters -any News???

goodf1fun
4th January 2009, 21:50
Hi to all,

any news when this game will be out? For sure it will be after the start of the season, because it will include all the 2009 cars..but they should be working on the circuits and other stuff for the game...
Do we have any news on what to expect for this game? It will only have 2009 cars? any historic cars? what about the new abu dabi circuit?is not ready yet...how they will include it in the game?

if there is a site with all this news please inform me!!!

goodf1fun
7th January 2009, 18:38
Hi to all,

any news when this game will be out? For sure it will be after the start of the season, because it will include all the 2009 cars..but they should be working on the circuits and other stuff for the game...
Do we have any news on what to expect for this game? It will only have 2009 cars? any historic cars? what about the new abu dabi circuit?is not ready yet...how they will include it in the game?

ok thanks

Allyc85
7th January 2009, 20:24
Do you normally talk to yourself?

ChrisS
8th January 2009, 07:39
The amound of replies pretty much covers the amount of information available at the moment ;)

All I know is that the game will use the same game engine as Dirt and GRID.

I don't expect much, I think it will have the 2009 cars and tracks and thats about it, the game will only have a replay value for about a year so we will have to buy F1 2010 next season

MotorRacingIndustry.com
12th January 2009, 02:20
Hi to all,

there is a bit of talk about it here on the codemasters forum: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1014

steve_spackman
13th February 2009, 03:10
there is a bit of talk about it here on the codemasters forum: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1014

i got my IP address blocked from the codies forums...

so i have stopped playing and am not going to purchase any games from them. They seem to be against people who dont agree with they way of thinking..sad

Bruce D
13th February 2009, 08:02
What worries me is their original statement saying they had created "fantastic simulations, like GRID". Dude, seriously, play Grid then play Race07 and then watch footage of a WTCC race and see which is MILES closer.

Their idea of "simulation" means that we'll be taking La Source hairpin in 4th gear and a 4-wheel powerslide, having braked at 20metres! :S

Bruce D
13th February 2009, 08:06
As for Abu Dhabi, a brilliant version already exists in GP4. Ok, the pit exit is wrong but the rest is pretty damn good.

steve_spackman
16th February 2009, 21:27
What worries me is their original statement saying they had created "fantastic simulations, like GRID". Dude, seriously, play Grid then play Race07 and then watch footage of a WTCC race and see which is MILES closer.

Their idea of "simulation" means that we'll be taking La Source hairpin in 4th gear and a 4-wheel powerslide, having braked at 20metres! :S

Yes agree with you. Codies seem to have a very disturbing view on the term simulation...

lugnut_usa
17th February 2009, 00:00
We should probably wait and see. One of Codies staff already said months ago that their F1 title would be more of a simulation, mentioning that GRID and other titles were intended to be more arcade and that the new F1 game wasn't following that scope - they have different plans.

Bruce D
17th February 2009, 10:58
I think the demo could be the life or death of their sales...

goodf1fun
7th March 2009, 09:13
i got my IP address blocked from the codies forums...

so i have stopped playing and am not going to purchase any games from them. They seem to be against people who dont agree with they way of thinking..sad

i wonder why :P

goodf1fun
7th March 2009, 09:14
Do you normally talk to yourself?

you are the smart guy in here? ohh you are english... now i can figure...

Allyc85
7th March 2009, 11:17
Now, now behave yourself..

UltimateDanGTR
8th March 2009, 11:18
In terms of the games release date, I had originally seen Late March-early April just after Australian Grand Prix time. but GAME have put October on the pre order release date thing. So god knows when the games out. At least we all know FUEL will be out in May. not all bad....

ChrisS
17th March 2009, 21:59
According to Official PlayStation Magazine UK, the game has been delayed on the PS3 until 2010 but will be out on schedule for the PSP.

As this came from a PlayStation magazine there was no mention of PC or Xbox360 versions