PDA

View Full Version : tv times for irc?

jedii
1st January 2009, 19:50
any channels got irc next year?

Mirek
1st January 2009, 19:56
http://www.ircseries.com/html/

There is link "TV times" at the up of the site.

Salist
3rd January 2009, 10:50
any channels got irc next year?

Only Eurosport channel:

Wednesday 21 January

- 16h00 => 17h00 LIVE SS3 St-Jean en Royans-Col de Gaudissart (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

- 00h00 => 00h15 Highlights of Day 1 (Eurosport)

Thursday 22 January

- 10h30 => 11h15 LIVE SS5 St- Bonnet le Froid-St-Bonnet le Froid

(Eurosport 2 & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

- 15h45 => 16h30 LIVE SS8 St- Bonnet le Froid-St-Bonnet le Froid (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

- 00h00 => 00h15 Highlights of Day 2 (Eurosport)

Friday 23 January

- 19h30 => 21h15 LIVE SS11 Sospel-La Bollène Vésubie (Eurosport2 & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

LIVE SS12 Lantosque - Lucèram (Eurosport 2 & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

- 23h00 => 01h00 LIVE SS13 Sospel-La Bollène Vésubie (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

LIVE SS14 Lantosque-Lucèram (Eurosport & Eurosport Asia-Pacific)

(all times in CET)

RS
3rd January 2009, 11:44
We also have IRC on "Motors TV" in the UK, they show 30mins highlights programme one or two weeks after each event.

Simmi
4th January 2009, 15:46
I think it is admirable that Eurosport are getting in some Live stuff from the stages, but I can't help thinking it could be so much better.

We all know how iconic the Turini stages are, but how will a night stage really work on television? Surely they should concentrate on the daytime stuff more. I have a feeling it will probably all be too good to be true anyway. Last season the whole thing was also just crying out for a bit of production value which we at least get with the WRC stuff.

Either way I am very much looking forward to the rally.

RS
4th January 2009, 23:04
I think it is admirable that Eurosport are getting in some Live stuff from the stages, but I can't help thinking it could be so much better.

We all know how iconic the Turini stages are, but how will a night stage really work on television? Surely they should concentrate on the daytime stuff more. I have a feeling it will probably all be too good to be true anyway. Last season the whole thing was also just crying out for a bit of production value which we at least get with the WRC stuff.

Either way I am very much looking forward to the rally.

Do you think so? Did you see the live stuff from Valais?

They are doing daytime live stuff from Monte too. Onboards should be good at night, although not sure about the helicopter stuff when it's dark..

They could certainly make more use of split times e.t.c. though...

Simmi
4th January 2009, 23:43
Dont get me wrong I'm always up for live stages (that aren't in a stadium), I just dont really have that much faith in Eurosport personally.

I really hope to be proved wrong I know it seems like I am complaining before anything has even been shown.

Does anyone have a link to the Valais coverage on youtube or something like that? I would like to watch it again.

Sulland
5th January 2009, 07:40
Yes eurosport does good TV, but need to improve on splits, comparison btw the best ala Virtual spectator, telemetry (revs, gear, speed, g-force)

They have a huge organisation let them use their initiative
Eurosport, create something new !

RS
5th January 2009, 11:02
I should also add, that for anyone without Eurosport, you can watch the IRC shows live over the internet. It works well if you have a good internet connection and computer.

You should be able to see the live stuff from Valais here: http://www.ircseries.com/html/Video.asp

If you click the Valais link, and then scroll through the options on the right hand side of the page until you get to "IRC du Valais - Day Two" (it's on page 3) that should get you to the live coverage of the final stage.

There is room for improvement, but for their first attempt I was quite impressed.

Mirek
5th January 2009, 12:27
Sulland: Telemetry is not allowed in S2000 cars as far as I know.

Simmi
5th January 2009, 13:49
Thanks for the link RS. Having looked at it again you are right it was a very good first attempt. All it really needed was some splits and ideally a few more cameramen on the stage.

I suppose it is very important to pick a suitable stage that you can really get the best from the helicopter shots. In the Valais stage there were a lot of trees which made it difficult to get in very close. On the Monte this should not be the case as much so it could work even better.

Mirek
5th January 2009, 15:49
You're right. That's problem of Barum because most od the stages (and practicaly all interesting parts) are in deep woods.