PDA

View Full Version : More lost forest roads

raybak
7th February 2007, 06:31
It's just come to our attention that Greenhills stage in Canberra will never be rallied on again. We have also lost Block 12 and Sparrows it looks like.

These stages have all been lost to other forest users who we currently share them with.

Rallying in Canberra seems to be a dirty word and the government is hell bent on pushing us out.

The 2 Rally clubs in Canberra, LCCC and BMSC are banding together to start a big media push to try and save the rest of our stages.

In the 80's and 90's there were up to 15 rallies a year held in Canberra, now we are lucky ot get 4 and with repeated stages. We can't continue to lose stages like we are at the moment.

I will keep everyone on here informed of how we go with our media campaign.

Ray Baker
Media Manager BMSC

Mitch555
7th February 2007, 09:42
I support you all the way Ray! That is absolutely terrible that we lose a stage of the standard of Greenhills. Easily one of the most demanding stages on the ARC calander. Maybe the government should think back to the seventies and early eighties and think how much rallying brought them. The best in the world came down the compete in this event and the rally wasn't even a WRC registered event yet we still had manufacturers coming from around the world. So much excitement came from this. The ACT should embrace rallying as it is it's heritage. Some great moments have happened in Canberra, some which stick in my mind as defining rally moments. As Dad remembers "That crazy man Greg Carr, everyone wanted to drive like him, so natural and the crowd got a massive kick when he lifted the car onto 3 wheels." Time for media exposure guys, stick it right up em!