PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the year?

AndySpeed
20th December 2008, 15:40
After another extremely competitive season’s racing it is time to select the driver of the year award. Voting is now open at btccaction.co.uk. Select from the poll at the link below who you feel was the most complete driver this year, someone who put in exceptional performances all year around or who really surprised you this season.

Vote here now (http://www.btccaction.co.uk/2008/12/20/btcc-action-driver-of-the-year)!

You can comment below the article or here on the results, or if you disagree with any of the selections.

Merry Christmas!

Eurotech
22nd December 2008, 13:14
I'm not sure about driver of the year but the team of the year has to be either Motorbase or VXR.

Bezza
22nd December 2008, 15:50
The season proved that Matt Neal, without the love and attention of his father and a second-rate driver under team orders, is not that good. Giovanardi absolutely obliterated him.

Driver of the year? Mat Jackson.

BDunnell
22nd December 2008, 16:22
The season proved that Matt Neal, without the love and attention of his father and a second-rate driver under team orders, is not that good. Giovanardi absolutely obliterated him.

:up:

I saw nothing in Neal's performances that made me think he should have been signed for the second VXR seat in 2009 over Onslow-Cole.

Eurotech
22nd December 2008, 16:42
I think that Neal is slowly sinking into the pit of Touring car drivers that have blossomed and now that he doesn't have that Integra, he is really struggling.

reidy_fan
22nd December 2008, 19:35
driver of the year, Mat Jackson, only his 2nd proper season in BTCC and proved what we knew all along the boy has it. Ever since I saw him at a very very wet Knockhill in 05 in the SCC he has amazing car control, drive, determination and is a nice guy as well. He was also the winner of the fans trophy on BTCC net

Daz
3rd January 2009, 20:34
Easy one for me this is, Gio has just been amazing but 2nd best has to be Matt Jackson.

AndySpeed
3rd January 2009, 22:48
With voting now closed it seems that 151 people rate Mat Jackson as their driver of the year. Most impressive is Andrew Jordan coming in fourth, and even though he received only 5% of the votes, it shows that many people were impressed with his debut year.

Thanks everyone for participating.

Eurotech
4th January 2009, 22:09
More people voted for Erkut that they did for Mike Jordan and Rob Collard put together!

ShiftingGears
7th January 2009, 03:01
The season proved that Matt Neal, without the love and attention of his father and a second-rate driver under team orders, is not that good.

I guessed that it might be the case, after seeing this.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IKpiKLv1o

One of the dumbest racing incidents ever.