PDA

View Full Version : New race engineer for Raikkonen

CNR
19th December 2008, 11:20
http://www.wheels24.co.za/Content/FormulaOne/14/4d83e7185e294e488dad279e796c7ae2/New_race_engineer_for_Raikkonen

Kimi Raikkonen will work with a new race engineer in 2009.

Ferrari's team principal Stefano Domenicali told the Italian newspaper La Stampa that Chris Dyer, the Finn's engineer this year, is moving up to a new role in charge of track engineering.

? what is track engineering.

Mark
19th December 2008, 11:31
The cheif engineer who is at the track (as opposed to in the factory?)

ShiftingGears
19th December 2008, 11:39
Congratulations to Dyer. Hopefully Raikkonen and his new engineer work well as a team.

aryan
19th December 2008, 15:04
They usually change race engineers when things haven't worked the way they should have.

Bagwan
19th December 2008, 15:11
But , will this engineer understand mumblish ?

I sink sis is important , yes I sink so , yes I sink so .

Tallgeese
20th December 2008, 13:05
Engineer: What do you think?
Raikkonen: I think it works if it works but if it doesn't it doesn't work so it appears to work because it didn't not work that's why it works so it works.

Roamy
20th December 2008, 17:31
Tallgeese
are you speaking in Java??

markabilly
20th December 2008, 19:08
Actually I understand his area of speciality is the use of ritalin....

ioan
21st December 2008, 12:08

Either that or they managed to find a really good Finnish F1 level engineer.
Anyway I don't think it was the engineer the one at fault last season.

PolePosition_1
22nd December 2008, 08:54
Either that or they managed to find a really good Finnish F1 level engineer.
Anyway I don't think it was the engineer the one at fault last season.

Without a doubt, he had same engineer (as far as I'm aware) in 2007, and beginning of 2008 where he looked set to dominate.

It was because the development of the car went more in favour of Massa.

I heard a strong rumour to changes to brakes, which Kimi simply couldn't heat up, hinting to his often fastest lap of race, but slow one lap performances in qualifying and beginning of the races.

Notice, how his performances did start to improve near the end again, where he even beat Massa (in performance anyway) at China. I heard that Ferrari reverted back developments they'd done for just Kimi car.

No sources for the eagle eyed though sorry, I'm just recalling from what I read over course of the season.

CNR
22nd December 2008, 10:00
Without a doubt, he had same engineer (as far as I'm aware) in 2007,

After 6 years of working with Michael Schumacher, Chris Dyer got a new `work mate`, Finnish Kimi Räikkönen.

Sleeper
22nd December 2008, 10:38
Without a doubt, he had same engineer (as far as I'm aware) in 2007, and beginning of 2008 where he looked set to dominate.

It was because the development of the car went more in favour of Massa.

I heard a strong rumour to changes to brakes, which Kimi simply couldn't heat up, hinting to his often fastest lap of race, but slow one lap performances in qualifying and beginning of the races.

Notice, how his performances did start to improve near the end again, where he even beat Massa (in performance anyway) at China. I heard that Ferrari reverted back developments they'd done for just Kimi car.

No sources for the eagle eyed though sorry, I'm just recalling from what I read over course of the season.
His poor qualy performance was nothing to do with the brakes as far as I'm aware. The whole design felosphy of this years car gave it an understeery characteristic that suited Massa and not Kimi, it would take him several laps to get the tyres up to full working tempreture.

Towards the end of the year they did revert to some older parts on Kimi's car (like removing the shark fin) because, though they gave greater overall downforce, they moved the centre of pressure rearwards and exagerated the understeer.

PolePosition_1
22nd December 2008, 10:57
His poor qualy performance was nothing to do with the brakes as far as I'm aware. The whole design felosphy of this years car gave it an understeery characteristic that suited Massa and not Kimi, it would take him several laps to get the tyres up to full working tempreture.

Towards the end of the year they did revert to some older parts on Kimi's car (like removing the shark fin) because, though they gave greater overall downforce, they moved the centre of pressure rearwards and exagerated the understeer.

I would agree, but that doesn't explain why he started off so strongly at the beginning of the season. Up until Spain, it looked highly likely he was going to walk it, with a 10+ point lead.

As I said, I heard on several occassions that it was the brakes, though I ain't going to research a link for you (as finding something so detailed could take me a while), I definately heard this, about how the summer development of the car went against Kimi driving style.

DexDexter
22nd December 2008, 21:24

How's your Finnish, or any other language besides English?

ioan
23rd December 2008, 15:48
How's your Finnish, or any other language besides English?

What exactly is the point of your post?! :rolleyes: