PDA

View Full Version : Which IRC events will you attend in 2009?

J4MIE
18th December 2008, 21:01
As I am being constantly reminded by all the tv adverts, it is the end of the year and my thoughts are turning to 2009 and what I'll be getting up to.

I think I have decided that I will go to Barum, hoping to meet some of you crazy Czech forumers, and I've always wanted to go back to Sanremo since 2003 so that is a definite, as is Scotland of course which is not far from here :D I may also be tempted to go to either of the Portuguese events if I can find cheap enough flights!

Anyone else had any thoughts?

wwbroe
18th December 2008, 22:01
As I am being constantly reminded by all the tv adverts, it is the end of the year and my thoughts are turning to 2009 and what I'll be getting up to.

I think I have decided that I will go to Barum, hoping to meet some of you crazy Czech forumers, and I've always wanted to go back to Sanremo since 2003 so that is a definite, as is Scotland of course which is not far from here :D I may also be tempted to go to either of the Portuguese events if I can find cheap enough flights!

You're welcome to Ypres off-course, wich is a very particular rally with specific stages. I for sure will come to Scotland in november. ;)

WRC1
18th December 2008, 22:22
i go to monte and barum for sure, the rest is still in negoations... ;o)

would love to come back to san remo, my last visit there was in 2000!

reg

wrc1

pino
18th December 2008, 22:29
Sanremo and Scotland at the moment :D

Luis Pacheco
18th December 2008, 23:00
For me will be the Azores, of course, :D and a hope to be in Madeira to.
Next year Madeira will celebrate the 50th anniversary and big surprises are being prepared by the organization.

Who knows Tabaton will not appear in S4, Aghini in a Lancia Deltona and Patrick Snijers in a Sierra Cosworth 4x4? We never know! :)

Mirek
18th December 2008, 23:09
Monte and Barum for sure...

Madeira
18th December 2008, 23:34
I may also be tempted to go to either of the Portuguese events if I can find cheap enough flights!

It is much easier to come Madeira at the moment specially if you are travelling from England. You can use easyjet, good prices...

TheFlyingTuga
18th December 2008, 23:47
Portugal for sure... and to be confirmed yet Madeira and Azores!

Want to go in Spain... but probably not this year

rsmith16
19th December 2008, 09:26
Scotland for me -- see if it can re-ignite my interest in the sport..

sal
19th December 2008, 10:32
My trip to Monte has been scuppered at the last minute as my missus has arranged something for my birthday in the UK on the daythe event starts!Would like to go back to Madeira as have unfinished business from the last time I was there so will look at flight prices. Will definetley make the trip to Scotland and would do Ypres if it wasnt for all the tape! Not sure about San Remo as have persuaded my wife that Rally Legend is a good event to visit and combine a holiday!!

Lousada
19th December 2008, 15:48
Hopefully I can do Ypres again.

HaCo
19th December 2008, 16:41
Ypres of course, I would want to do Scotland as well, but depends on budget and cost of entry ticket.

Karbonyl
19th December 2008, 22:51
Barum and... ...Barum :-D

Elgin Man
19th December 2008, 22:53
Just Scotland on the cards for me at the moment

J4MIE
19th December 2008, 23:33
Well looks like Scotland will be a popular event :up: Lets hope there is still some interest in the championship at that time and hopefully most teams will be there :D Hopefully they will announce the route details to give me enough time to do a decent recce! I am keeping my fingers crossed they will go to Devilla but not expecting that really.

Anyway 2009 is looking good I must say :up:

anthonyvop
20th December 2008, 03:15
I am working on going to Brazil

PLuto
20th December 2008, 03:24

You are welcoming to Czech republic. If you will need any help with something, you can write me (if you need accomodatio, book it early, because in Zlin it should be problem to find good place and my reserves for "last minutes" arent so big ;) )

PLuto
20th December 2008, 03:25
So, my plan this year: Monte, Ypres, Barum, Asturias and maybe Madeira.

wwbroe
20th December 2008, 08:08

Well, looks a lot like my planning for this year, except that i would like to go to Scotland instead of Madeira. :D

atsiotras79
20th December 2008, 10:34
Unfortunately none next season! But last year I had a great time in San Remo. Will be back there soon!

This year 2 ERC and 2 WRC.

For 2010 I will try for Barum too!

PLuto
20th December 2008, 23:44

Update: There is possibility to add Sanremo and Scotland :rolleyes:

J4MIE
21st December 2008, 22:36
You know it makes sense PLuto ;)

Simmi
4th January 2009, 15:53
I may as well add my name to list of people heading up to Scotland. Like it's already been said it would be great if there was a decent entry of cars. I had such a sh*t time in Wales this year I think I will take a year out and check out the IRC instead. Hopefully the title will go down to the wire again and we'll get a good show without having to fork out too much!

AndyRAC
4th January 2009, 21:49
I may as well add my name to list of people heading up to Scotland. Like it's already been said it would be great if there was a decent entry of cars. I had such a sh*t time in Wales this year I think I will take a year out and check out the IRC instead. Hopefully the title will go down to the wire again and we'll get a good show without having to fork out too much!

I hope you're right regarding prices - though IMS - who organise RallyGB - are also involved with the IRC Scottish Rally. Another cash cow??