View Full Version : Fraser Digby's washbag

ArrowsFA1
18th December 2008, 12:56
Probably best not to try and explain why this was funny. It just was :p :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7788953.stm

:laugh:

MrJan
18th December 2008, 13:11
Thank you, that was great. I have no idea why the BBC persist with Alan Green on a Saturday 606 which consists of people just moaning, Danny Baker makes the show fun to listen to and really involves people in crazy plans. I like Green as a commentator but as a presenter he is shocking.

inimitablestoo
18th December 2008, 19:29
It's been great listening to Sir Danny Baker (ah, in a perfect world) for the last few weeks on Radio 2 as well. Ever since Radcliffe and Maconie moved into their current slot the only bit of Five Live I've listened to of an evening has been Danny's 606s.

Teletext Alex' rendition of Merry Christmas Everyone was pure genius too :D

ArrowsFA1
18th December 2008, 19:54
Classic stuff :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As is this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7683007.stm

BDunnell
18th December 2008, 20:24
I think Danny Baker is one of the most under-rated and unfairly maligned broadcasters in Britain. He is extremely intelligent, yet is also able to bring the deftest touch to utterly pointless silliness and japery that I can think of — it never seems 'wacky' or 'zany' in his hands.

tayto
19th December 2008, 17:53
Teletext Alex' rendition of Merry Christmas Everyone was pure genius too :D

Found it!
http://www.offthepost.info/2008/12/football-video-teletext-alex-performs-the-footballers-merry-christmas-everybody/

:D :D :D

Bezza
22nd December 2008, 09:21
Driving home from Deepdale on a Tueday/Wednesday night I feel slightly aggreived when listening to the football phone in and Danny Baker is on. As he does nothing but talk. There are barely any callers. And half of it is nothing to do with football.

Alan Green wins for me any day of the week.

MrJan
22nd December 2008, 10:29
Driving home from Deepdale on a Tueday/Wednesday night I feel slightly aggreived when listening to the football phone in and Danny Baker is on. As he does nothing but talk. There are barely any callers. And half of it is nothing to do with football.

Alan Green wins for me any day of the week.

Really? I find the Alan Green 606 to be very tedious, it's the same old s*** every week with high flying Premiership teams phoning in to complain that they struggled to draw against Aston Villa or Middlesborough. I would love it (tm Kevin Keegan) if my team even managed to lose 2-0 to them lot. It's just a rant fest, and not even a decent one but one where the people aren't quite sure what their argument is.

I'd far rather have Danny Baker and his schemes than people from Devon who support Man U or Chelsea telling Greeny that being 6 points off the top of the Premier League is unacceptable, or the dozy Newcastle fans thinking that they have a divine right to be a top flight team, or even the memoryless Sunderland fans who forget that when Roy Keane took over they were looking at dropping out of the CCC :angryfire

BDunnell
22nd December 2008, 11:15
This is precisely why 6-0-6 uses different presenters, because different listeners like different styles. Personally, I like both Baker and Green, and thank my lucky stars that David Mellor and Richard Littlejohn aren't allowed anywhere near the programme any more - although it was worth tuning in to hear if anyone managed to swear at them.

inimitablestoo
22nd December 2008, 20:28
The problem with the non-Danny Baker 606s is there's too much football ;)

stevie_gerrard
26th January 2009, 19:26
I do love frazer digbys washbag :D a highlight of mine on Danny's show. Yeh he doesnt talk too much football, but it is all football related, and its a light hearted way of looking at the beautiful game. Its clear to see that Danny Bakers show is to do with all things football related, while the other 3 606's during the week sum up the actual football. Quite frankly, i don't see any problem with that, i prefer it that way.