PDA

View Full Version : Prodrive - what now ?

Sulland
16th December 2008, 19:52
What will the rally shop in Prodrive do now ?

Continue with Subaru ?
Take on one of the smaller S2000 operations, like Vauxhall/Opel Corsa ?
Something else ?

urabus-denoS2000
16th December 2008, 19:54
I think they have enough bussiness.
They are preparing and revising group N Subarus+almost all WRC Subarus

COD
16th December 2008, 20:02
They allready hinted on returning to WRC in 2010, which probably means another make than Subaru. Somewhere Subaru chairman said they were gonna pull out after -09 anyway, so Prodrive probably had a back up plan for 2010 in place before this announcement.

Most probably they run Adapta + Gr.N cars in 2009

m4rk
16th December 2008, 20:53
hmmm
i was thinking about the opel corse too
its currently being developed by MotorSportDevelopments, formally the Hyundai World Rally Team. They are also based very close to Prodrive.It would be quite a cool idea :)

and it wouldnt surprise me if Prodrive give lots of support to Adapta next year, they were scheduled to worked closely anyway :)

unfortunantly, the people Ive spoken to at the team know as much as we do

Tom206wrc
16th December 2008, 21:56
Are they still in endurance racing(Aston-Martin)next year :confused:

Wim
16th December 2008, 22:11
they will help the adapta team with the S15 and like the roumurs say...lead volkswagen to the wrc 2010

driveace
17th December 2008, 00:12
If Prodrive have known about this for a while David Richards will have a back up plan waiting to slot into place.I would not be surprised to see him take on Honda with help or money from United Arab Emirates.As he has unfinished work to do there from when he was there before
i cant see another motor manufacturer taking it on in this economic climate !

Buzz Lightyear
17th December 2008, 00:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/7785734.stm

noel157
17th December 2008, 00:56
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/7785734.stm

"A sudden downturn"? Like it happened at 2pm on Friday afternoon?

Robbied
17th December 2008, 13:54
Their GpN build and support program, coupled with support for existing WRC customer cars/non-works teams will keep quite a few people busy I should think.

Some people im sure will take redundancy, some will see it as a good time to leave or retire and some will be kept on for whatever programs they are looking to do in the future.

Still, tough times....

rsmith16
17th December 2008, 14:41
I guess that compared to many of the rally teams Prodrive are in the "fortunate" position of having fingers in a number of pies as it were...

306 Cosworth
17th December 2008, 17:19
Prodrive still have plenty of Group N Subarus to supply parts to and to build, they also have parts to supply/re-build for WRC Cars too as well as full rebuilds.

They also have the DBR9 Astons to run.

grugsticles
17th December 2008, 18:17
I read in an article in my local paper (The Mercury, as crap and ill-informed as it is) that states that Prodrive are actually intending to run S15's in next years WRC anyway reguardless of Subaru's backing.
If there is truth to that and Prodrive can source the funding it would be fantastic (in the short term at least).
Obviously that will allow Petter and Chris to drive and if need be find a drive for 2010 onwards.

Ramore
17th December 2008, 20:17
I have read yesterday that Subaru's operation is only 20% of Prodrive's business. They will relocate the people to other departments, and of course will service all Gr-N cars.