PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 Question

lugnut_usa
13th December 2008, 14:57
So, I have a question in regards to CMR2 and the championships that are run here.

I picked up CMR2 when it was released, many ages ago. Most of my experience dates back to that time, I didn't really pick it up again until jumping into some of the action here (and my stage times back that up, unfortunately). :D

I've been reading though the 2009 thread and I'm somewhat puzzled. :confused:

I have zero experience with the mods for CMR2, all I've ever used is the base game. I'm seeing a lot of car names being tossed around, and I gather you guys are still deciding what to race?

So, I guess what I'm asking - I have a clean install of CMR2 on my PC, no patches or add-ons of any kind. Is there anything that I should be downloading and installing either for my own benefit or to be compatible with the coming season?

kabouter
13th December 2008, 15:30
It is always possible to compete with just a basic install (I'm doing that myself). In fact the only mods allowed are ones which change the appearance of cars (or background items), not ones which change the physics of the game. So you are allowed to skin a car for a more realistic (2009) experience, but the car behavior will be exactly the same as in the original game. So playing with the original game is fine. People on a PS can't do anything else anyway...

Rat
15th December 2008, 12:13
thats right, all i've done is skin a few cars and left the good 'ol CMR2 alone!

52Paddy
15th December 2008, 22:50
I don't think its possible to change the physics anyway. Skinning the cars and changing the engine sounds are the only major mods. I have the 2007 engine sounds, but that doesn't change how the cars drive so we're all equal. :)

Marcel Haenen
16th December 2008, 07:57
You can alter the grip levels in CMR2 using the CMR2Edit tool, resulting in good grip levels in any condition and amazing stage times. But when driving behind the ghost car of such a lap it will show the car going crazy and bouncing all over the track.

Rat
16th December 2008, 12:33
Marcel when did the CMR2Edit tool come out? Maybe thats why I'm not too flash with my times. I was there with the top5 or 10, now I'm driving harder and not getting anywhere!

Marcel Haenen
16th December 2008, 16:05
Back in 2001 I guess. I am sure nobody in the current field uses the editor(neither do I). You are not allowed to use it in the championship anyway as it is not allowed to change the physics. I think Ukog_will accidently used it in Monte, but it was immediately recognized asa he was suddenly setting world records! My advise is: stay clearly away from the editor, using it is considered cheating!

Rat
17th December 2008, 02:19
I thought so! Thanks for clearing that up. It looks like more testing then for TTA.

lugnut_usa
18th December 2008, 02:05
Another question - I downloaded a new Subaru and it shows up in the game OK (the Ken Block/Monster Subaru) but the game crashes about 20-30 seconds into a rally.

When I set it back to the default car it's fine.

Any thoughts? I have CMR2 patched to 1.09 and I'm using the no-cd.

lugnut_usa
18th December 2008, 02:47
n/m - got it figured out. Had to turn off shadow maps.