PDA

View Full Version : Should FIA change the rules of WRC again?

A.F.F.
13th December 2008, 13:57
Now that we have new machinery coming, there might be more seats available for drivers. Do you guys think the rules need an updating again? I mean conserning the teams, the drivers and pointscoring. Or would it soon come to same as it did, when rich teams bought all the best players and left nothing to the poor ones.

BDunnell
13th December 2008, 14:15
I would like to see points awarded down to 10th place again. Other than that, there isn't anything I can really think of, because I don't like rules specifying things like teams having to employ someone who's never won a WRC event or stuff like that.

grugsticles
13th December 2008, 14:40
I think there should be a ruling to encourage teams to employ up and coming drivers.
Perhaps if there were 3 drivers per team, 1 and 2 could be your usual top level drivers and the 3rd one should start the season with less than 30 WRC events under their belt or something along those lines.
As for point scoring, I dont think the current system really needs adjusting too much it seems to work well in rewarding constant top 3 finishes, IMO anyway.

urabus-denoS2000
13th December 2008, 14:58
I would like to see points awarded down to 10th place again. Other than that, there isn't anything I can really think of, because I don't like rules specifying things like teams having to employ someone who's never won a WRC event or stuff like that.

Agree

Tomi
13th December 2008, 15:48
2 points more for the winner and changes in the starting order, and no points from super rally but the team can do test in the event if they want, else the rules are ok..

J4MIE
13th December 2008, 16:12
I would say they should go back to allowing the top two finishers for manufacturers to score the points, and not have to have been nominated before the event.

Tomi
13th December 2008, 16:15
I would say they should go back to allowing the top two finishers for manufacturers to score the points, and not have to have been nominated before the event.

Good idea.

BDunnell
13th December 2008, 16:51

Agreed.

RS
13th December 2008, 19:15

Just like in IRC :)

A.F.F.
13th December 2008, 20:23

It did bring more drivers to the start line but remember what else happened? A couple of teams bought all the best drivers and made dream teams when others had to settle with Freddy Loixs and stuff :mark:

Daniel
14th December 2008, 20:45
You'll never get to be part of the FIA and make decisions :) Far too sensible ;)