PDA

View Full Version : What is in a name?

Livewireshock
13th December 2008, 04:15
The rules have been chosen and everyone knows what to expect in many ways.

But what to call it?

Naturally "Based on S2000" is not going to stick around.

Super 2000+ is too close the other class name for the average joe to differentiate.

WRC2 is also obvious but has been linked to many former proposed format changes already.

I dare say there are a myriad of consultants and branding experts feverishly working away at this now. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

As of 2010, Group N and S2000 will collectively be called Super Production and Group R will simply call Production in the view of the WRC to simplify things for the general layperson.

So will there be a technical name for the class rulings and another name for marketing purposes????

Improved Super 2000 maybe used as a technical name for the rulebook but still called World Rally Car to simplify the marketing to the general public.

Sulland
13th December 2008, 12:58
You are summing it up yourself

WRC
Super Production
Production

You could of course do like Rally cross

Div 1 (WRC)
Div 2 (SP)
Div 3 (P)

Or do a F1 scheme, that is the opposite from the R series of today

R1 (WRC)
R2 (SP)
R3 (P)

The last makes most sense for non petrol heads, and they would understand that the top class is called something with 1, as Formula 1.

urabus-denoS2000
13th December 2008, 13:11
Simply keep the WRC

A.F.F.
13th December 2008, 13:53
I second that.

Abarth
13th December 2008, 14:24
I actually liked the R1 to Rx system.

OldF
13th December 2008, 23:58
As in F1 there has been a lot of different specs for the cars but it has always been F1 so way not the same for WRC. The answer is WRC.