PDA

View Full Version : Toro Rosso

Roamy
11th December 2008, 22:17
Well unless Buemi has some special car to seb or sato they better sign him immediately!! This guy has kicked butt and kicked it good.

6wheeler
12th December 2008, 03:06
isn't Dale Jr sponsored by Bud ? :eek:

Knock-on
12th December 2008, 10:45
Depends what configuration and setup he's running.

pino
12th December 2008, 10:49
Pantano would've done a better job :p :

Mark
12th December 2008, 11:35
Galli would have done a worse job.

Knock-on
12th December 2008, 11:41
Scott Speed? :devil:

ArrowsFA1
12th December 2008, 12:03
Pantano would've done a better job :p :
Probably :s mokin: But with Buemi being a Red Bull sponsored driver already he was always more likely to get the seat than any of the five drivers who finished ahead of him in the GP2 championship.

Tallgeese
12th December 2008, 18:01
Once can assume that they used the same set-up but according to Bourdais it's a 2009 spec. downforce with 2008 chassis so therefore the drag-effect is minimised so the real purpose is to collect data. That being said when the STR3 is modified to meet full 2009 specifications then that's where the real 'shoot-out' begins, this is merely warming up.

Yet you can't say that he who runs the fastest lap is going to get the seat because other factors (sponsorship) come to play. Besides, not every FL guaranteed a race win (in some cases no points at all). We'll have a clearer idea when full 2009 regulations are put in force, but I reckon that all three could have race shots.

ShiftingGears
13th December 2008, 00:49
This doesnt bode well for Bourdais.

Nikki Katz
13th December 2008, 01:48
I think that Toro Rosso seemed intent on Buemi from half a year or so ago. But he's more Vettel's replacement than Bourdais', Bourdais has to contend with Sato, Button and Barrichello for the second seat.

I'm still not convinced he's ready, but then I did also think that about Kubica and Vettel.

keysersoze
15th December 2008, 17:00
Apparently we are all wrong and test times DO mean something. According to a recent interview, Buemi want Button as a teammate, as he feels at the latest test, he had Bourdais and Sato "under control." :rolleyes:

That strikes me as more than a bit disrespectful.

pettersolberg29
15th December 2008, 17:47
How come Toro Rosso have been so fast?

Are they doing something different to everyone else?

ioan
15th December 2008, 20:48
How come Toro Rosso have been so fast?

Are they doing something different to everyone else?

Yeah, they are using 2008 aero coupled with slicks, while the others use packages that give a level of downforce comparable with those they will have in 2009.

CNR
15th December 2008, 21:27
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=149645
Hartley makes most of F1 test drive

Young Palmerston North driver Brendon Hartley is a step closer to fulfilling his Formula One dream after a successful test this morning with the Red Bull team in Spain.

The 19 year old has secured his F1 Super licence after completing more than 300 kilometres on the Jerez circuit. Hartley describes the experience as amazing and a dream come true. He says he learnt a lot and by the end of the session he was feeling quite confident.

While Hartley will drive in the European Formula Three Championship next season, he says he is an integral part of Red Bull's F1 development programme. He says Sebastien Buemi is his roommate and he has tested strongly in Spain so he looks set to get a Formula One drive next year

pettersolberg29
15th December 2008, 21:31
Yeah, they are using 2008 aero coupled with slicks, while the others use packages that give a level of downforce comparable with those they will have in 2009.

Thanks

16th December 2008, 04:02
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=149645
Hartley makes most of F1 test drive

:up:

ArrowsFA1
16th December 2008, 08:12
This doesnt bode well for Bourdais.
You've got to feel sorry for Seb. STR is his only option to stay in F1 and IMHO he did enough to show he deserved his place in '09, and yet he's being kept waiting and watching while Buemi and Sato get the column inches.

Roamy
18th December 2008, 01:06
F1 is a ruthless business and toro rosso is right up there at the top on this issue

Ranger
18th December 2008, 08:25
That's pretty much it. It is not indicative at all of next year's car considering Toro Rosso nor Red Bull have run the '09 profile front or rear wings yet.

trumperZ06
18th December 2008, 22:16
F1 is a ruthless business and toro rosso is right up there at the top on this issue

;) Right you are, Fousto.

If anyone wants a second opinion...

ask Scott Speed !!!

Reuben
24th December 2008, 22:34
i personally think that brendon hartley should get the F1 Drive in the next two years

gloomyDAY
24th December 2008, 23:33
i personally think that brendon hartley should get the F1 Drive in the next two yearsBiased?

CNR
24th December 2008, 23:41
Biased?
for all any one knows he could be the next Bruce McLaren

Bruce Leslie McLaren (August 30, 1937 – June 2, 1970), born in Auckland, New Zealand, was a race-car designer, driver, engineer and inventor.
His name lives on in Team McLaren which has been one of the most successful in Formula One championship history, with McLaren cars and drivers winning a total of 20 world championships. McLaren cars totally dominated CanAm sports car racing with 56 wins, a considerable number of them with him behind the wheel, between 1967 and 1972 (and five constructors’ championships), and have won three Indianapolis 500 races, as well as 24 Hours of Le Mans and 12 Hours of Sebring.

ShiftingGears
25th December 2008, 00:50
for all any one knows he could be the next Bruce McLaren

Well I'm Australian, so I could be the next Jack Brabham. Obviously.

rob01
25th December 2008, 01:28
i think im the next... yeah...

bourdais is out if you ask me. Buemi is good theres no doubt, testing is one thing but a race situation would show us what he's really made of

CNR
25th December 2008, 03:48
Well I'm Australian, so I could be the next Jack Brabham. Obviously.

and im not ?
NSW
Australian Cheese ?