PDA

View Full Version : Citroen and Peugeot Sport = Merged

Sulland
10th December 2008, 17:46
Autosport reports that the two French MotorSport divisions have merged, with Quesnel as the new boss.

This opens up a lot of new possibilities:

Examples:
Loeb in 207 S2000
Loeb in 908
Loeb in F1 (They might buy the Honda F1 team)

This can get interesting !!

What impact will this have for the motorsportsworld ?

Tomi
10th December 2008, 17:48
Autosport reports that the two French MotorSport divisions have merged, with Quesnel as the new boss.

Examples:
Loeb in 207 S2000
Loeb in 908

Lower costs for PSA, nothing much else.

Woodeye
10th December 2008, 19:07
I'm just suprised that they've not merged before. With this economic downturn we will see a lot more news coming.

It was yesterday in one newspaper where the head of Fiat, Sergio Marchone told that most probably only few auto-companies will live to see end of this recession. VW, Toyota, Renault-Nissan, one American, one Chinese and one joint-european operation.

So you can go and figure from that how many companies will leave WRC. Or F1 for that matter.

Sulland
10th December 2008, 21:05
most probably only few auto-companies will live to see end of this recession. VW, Toyota, Renault-Nissan, one American, one Chinese and one joint-european operation.

This has been written on the wall for a while, and it is a tragedy. Leaves the customers with so little choice !

Camelopard
10th December 2008, 21:33
Makes sense, both Peugeot and Citroen are indirectly owned by the French Government, aren't they?

crazy
11th December 2008, 05:52
Makes sense, both Peugeot and Citroen are indirectly owned by the French Government, aren't they?They're part of the same group PSA and the French state is a small shareholder (2,14%).

jonkka
11th December 2008, 06:15
I received official Citroen press release about this and I admit I read it hastily but I don't recall it stating that competition departments would be merged. Olivier Quessnel was appointed as head of Peugeot Sport while remaining boss of Citroen Sport but that's not a merger.

Camelopard
11th December 2008, 06:24
They're part of the same group PSA and the French state is a small shareholder (2,14%).

Yep, I should have done more research! I was thinking about when Citroen went bankrupt in the seventies and I always thought that they were bailed out by the govt. In actual fact they were given very low interest loans by the government to try and stop job losses before being bought by Peugeot in 1976. I'll go back to my box now. :)

Tom206wrc
11th December 2008, 10:28
I seriously can't say I'm optimistic neither pessismistic for now :mark:

Having the same boss for both PSA brands motorsport activities is a first(I think no other automotive groups are in the same situation), impossible to me looking this positive or negative for Citroën and/or Peugeot in the future...better to wait the 2009 season :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
11th December 2008, 10:30
Makes sense, both Peugeot and Citroen are indirectly owned by the French Government, aren't they?

Confusion with RENAULT !!! ;)

PSA is 100% privateer(owned by Peugeot family) :)

OldF
11th December 2008, 12:53
There can be some synergy advantage if the future WRC cars are based on S2000 and Citroen continues in WRC and Peugeot in IRC.

Tom206wrc
18th September 2009, 14:15
Latest rumour of the day: Olivier Quesnel could leave "PSA Sport" to replace Flavio Briatore at ING Renault F1 Team :crazy: :crazy:

So what next ??? Briatore as Citroën-Racing Team as new Loeb's boss ???? :laugh:

:rolleyes:

Barreis
18th September 2009, 14:45
Mr Olivier Quesnel made joke about homologated parts in Australia so he could really join at the right place..

Daniel
18th September 2009, 21:28

Examples:
Loeb in 207 S2000
Loeb in 908

There's no way you'll see Peugeot back in F1 for a long time at least.

I'm sure I heard about this a while back but not sure whether it was official or from somone in the know.

koko0703
19th September 2009, 12:20
Latest rumour of the day: Olivier Quesnel could leave "PSA Sport" to replace Flavio Briatore at ING Renault F1 Team :crazy: :crazy:

So what next ??? Briatore as Citroën-Racing Team as new Loeb's boss ???? :laugh:

:rolleyes:

Then Briatore has to tell junior drivers the opposite of what he did at Renault... "Conrad, please don't crash into Loeb!" ;)

Sulland
12th February 2016, 13:23
Has the merge been a success, or has it been a bit messy with both brands having cars in both rally and racing?

car
12th February 2016, 14:58
It depends on how you perceive it. What is your opinion?